Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Takeda short ram installed today. worth it? aaaum

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 11:15 PM
gee37s08

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Takeda short ram installed today. worth it? aaaum

not sure the intake hype is worth the price paid. I'm actually wondering if I have lost pep off the line. Only taken it up to 40 mph tho. Hitting the interstate tomorrow. My auto buddy laughed that I'd spend for unnoticeable hp gain. Beginning to think he's right.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (04-13-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
I actually think the factory setup looks better, but I'm weird like that.

I don't know if the Takeda offers any performance gains, but I bet it sounds better than stock.

In any case, enjoy your new intake!

Myles
Old 02-03-2016, 12:02 AM
gee37s08

My goal was to feel some hp increase, however small. Looks and sound I could care less. I don't want it loud to not draw attention. I'll put factory back in if this proves to be worthless. At the moment, factory felt faster off the line.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:08 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by gee37s08
My goal was to feel some hp increase, however small. Looks and sound I could care less. I don't want it loud to not draw attention. I'll put factory back in if this proves to be worthless. At the moment, factory felt faster off the line.
All a short ram will do is increase noise/looks. You wouldn't notice a power difference unless you went long tube cold air.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:09 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts

not sure the intake hype is worth the price paid. I'm actually wondering if I have lost pep off the line. Only taken it up to 40 mph tho. Hitting the interstate tomorrow. My auto buddy laughed that I'd spend for unnoticeable hp gain. Beginning to think he's right.
Short ram aka hot air intakes are a waste of money .You're better off going with silicone intake tubes and drop in filters. Or better yet, the Stillen gen 3 or some other LT CAI which pulls air from the front of the radiator if you actually want some performance gains.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:01 AM
gee37s08

I appreciate all opinions on the matter. thanks!

I was going to get a CAI in the first place but was scared of thunder rain and deep puddles. -the last thing I want to think about when driving. If I knew someone personally who could reassure me that would have helped. So one of my local bartenders has a g37 with rc2, and that discussion tipped me towards short ram.

btw. isn't the stock short ramish? so how does takeda make claims that theirs is better hp when it's clearly slower off the line?

Anyway, I spoke to an infiniti Uprev mechanic about my disappointments. Thinking I'd just go back to stock and have him tune it. He said I should keep the takeda in since it's already installed and that it would be better with the takeda with a performance tune than stock with a performance tune. Still, me doing the math as a non-mechanic, wouldn't it still be faster going back to stock with an performance tune? since stock intake is faster in the first place. thoughts??
Old 02-18-2016, 11:01 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I appreciate all opinions on the matter. thanks!

I was going to get a CAI in the first place but was scared of thunder rain and deep puddles. -the last thing I want to think about when driving. If I knew someone personally who could reassure me that would have helped. So one of my local bartenders has a g37 with rc2, and that discussion tipped me towards short ram.

btw. isn't the stock short ramish? so how does takeda make claims that theirs is better hp when it's clearly slower off the line?

Anyway, I spoke to an infiniti Uprev mechanic about my disappointments. Thinking I'd just go back to stock and have him tune it. He said I should keep the takeda in since it's already installed and that it would be better with the takeda with a performance tune than stock with a performance tune. Still, me doing the math as a non-mechanic, wouldn't it still be faster going back to stock with an performance tune? since stock intake is faster in the first place. thoughts??

This has been a huge internet myth, unless the intake tube is fully submerged there is nowhere near enough vacuum to suck up water through the MAF into the motor. The myth has been busted many many times on youtube. Worst case, for piece of mind you can grab those AEM bypass filters to stick in there too.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:31 AM
gee37s08

I decided to ditch the takeda short ram for the cai. If anyone local is interested in the short rams, here's the cl page.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...536276127.html
Old 01-22-2017, 05:22 AM
Glover998

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
These short arms make me laugh actually ..save your money and spend elsewhere!
Old 01-31-2017, 02:53 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Glover998
These short arms make me laugh actually ..save your money and spend elsewhere!
I bought the R2C mainly for looks and sound (even though I bashed short-ram intakes in my post last year)

They sound awesome, look really nice in the engine bay, and I haven't noticed any decrease in power. I've given up with making any REAL power while staying NA.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:02 AM
babskyline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally like short-arm intakes! The long look too much for me. I was considering getting Takeda. Any sounds clips of the induction?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:33 PM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
They sound dope. That's why I have them. Plus i got them used for $220, where I could kind of justify it on an exclusively looks and sound ground.