Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review CNT V2 Test Pipes w/ HKS Style Resonators

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 AM
DevilsG37s

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
CNT V2 Test Pipes w/ HKS Style Resonators

Hey,

It's been a long time since my last show up in the forum. But I was lurking around here a lotta times learning and finding new stuff off other members experiences which helped me a lot. Big thanks to all of you.
I just started to install some performance mods and I guess I'll be posting from now on. Was planning on doing this as soon as I got the G because it was my secondary car. But what my older car "Altima" did to me "out of jealousy I guess lol" at the same day I received the G was very disappointed and made me hold off as the G became my dd. What happened to the Altima is that the cylinder head got warped due to a failure in the radiator caused by deposits building up over time and I didn't notice untill one time the coolant temp went H and warped the head.
ANYWAY,,,

Originally I was planning on getting the ART pipes because I was also planning to get the ShockWave CBE from Motordyne to get the max output out of the whole exhaust system. But there was a change in the plan so here is what I got for now.
Few days ago I bought new TPs from Concept Z Performance that are made by CNT. Brandon was the one who helped me out through the process and I was really satisfied in the professional way they deal with customers.

Here are some pictures for th TPs:

And here is when my phone battery died on me

I installed them today and would like to give you my first impression as I never came by any reviews about them. And for the CEL, I bought 2 if (CZP Check Engine Light Eliminator Adapter CEL Fix - Universal) along with the TPs. It does the job quite well.

QUALITY:

The welding quality seems good and can hold for a long time if not forever.
Though I'm not that expert but you can see for yourself.

The resonators seems good quality. I tried to knock them with a piece of metal to hear if there is any rattling sound. But thankfully there was none .

SOUND:

Well, can't tell you how much I'm really satisfied with the sound from both the interior and exterior. It's a deeper sound over the stock one and you can really here it from around 2.5k RPM to redline.
There is a very slight rasp from 2k to 3.5k. It's only there when decelerating and hardly noticeable.

Note that my car exhaust system is stock and this TP is the only mod to it.

I couldn't record any sound or video clip because my phone battery died in the middle of the installation process. But I will definitely upload some in the next few days.

POWER:

After resetting the ECU using the gas pedal method, there is a big noticeable difference through the whole band according to butt dyno of course although the ECU is still adapting.

CONCLUSION:

I would recommend this to everyone thinking of getting TPs because:
1- They cost nearly half the price of the ART, ARK and HKS pipes.
2- They does the job as those mentioned above.
3- CNT is well known for their good products and the reviews speak for them.

FYI, mods on my car:
1- aFe Pro S dry drop ins filters ( Black Hex drop ins from R2C is on the way. They say they're better). Feedbacks would be very helpful.
2- HPS Post-MAF Intake Silicone hoses on the way too.
3- CNT V2 TPs.
4- Z1 engine oil cooler kit w/ 25 Setrab core.

I hope I got everything covered.

Please feel free if you have any questions.

Last edited by DevilsG37s; 07-13-2015 at 03:26 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by DevilsG37s:
blnewt (07-12-2015), dbeachy1 (07-15-2015), Redfire32 (07-14-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 07:14 PM
DevilsG37s

Update:

Today is the 2nd time I drive the car with the pipes. I noticed that when I'm in WOT, there is a minimal "hissing" sound starts from around 2.5k to around 5.5k RPM. But it's really not that bad and I think I can bare with it cause it's only there when in WOT. Maybe it will fade away once the pipes are broken in. Doesn't matter for me but I thought you should know.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Thanks for the review, sounds like a nice deal for the price. Noticed much of the TP smell
Old 07-12-2015, 08:52 PM
DevilsG37s

Originally Posted by blnewt
Thanks for the review, sounds like a nice deal for the price. Noticed much of the TP smell
You're welcome blnewt.
There is definitely that smell of TPs which I'm used to in my old 2006 Altima that was with TPs too.
It's only there when car is in full stop with windows down.
Kinda like it
Old 07-13-2015, 10:02 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Thanks for posting the review on these! Curious to see an exhaust clip.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:41 PM
DevilsG37s

Here are the clips for exhaust and from inside the car too.

Exhaust Clip:

Windows Down:

Windows Up:

Enjoy
Old 07-13-2015, 11:48 PM
DevilsG37s

Don't mind my lil kid. He was baby talking in the last vid lol.
Likes to ride with me
Old 07-14-2015, 12:02 AM
DevilsG37s

Originally Posted by MaQG37
Thanks for posting the review on these! Curious to see an exhaust clip.
You're welcome MaQG37.
I see that you have the Invidia Q300 CBE installed based on your signature.
I would like your opinion about it because I'm thinking of getting it.
How is the sound and most importantly the gain. Have you felt any gain after the install?

Thanks
Old 07-14-2015, 08:28 AM
DevilsG37s

UPDATE:

Today I started my car to hit the road to work and within a minute, a CEL came on with the famous P0420 & P0430.
I read the faults through the Torque App and an OBDII Scanner.
It still throws the CEL though I have the extended pungs installed. Any ideas how to fix this. I read that putting some steel whool inside the pung will fix it. But how much will I have to put?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:49 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by DevilsG37s
UPDATE:

Today I started my car to hit the road to work and within a minute, a CEL came on with the famous P0420 & P0430.
It still throws the CEL though I have the extended pungs installed. Any ideas how to fix this. I read that putting some steel whool inside the pung will fix it. But how much will I have to put?
Might post that question in the regular Exhaust folder, a lot of members don't know about this review section.
Intake and Exhaust - MyG37
Old 07-14-2015, 10:38 AM
DevilsG37s

Thanks.
Will do
Old 07-14-2015, 11:58 AM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
UPDATE:

Just a heads up, I was getting a CEL with my Stillen HFC's. Regular extenders wouldn't work, I needed to buy these that completely keep thew sensors out of the pipes.

After installing, make sure to reset the ECU using this method. It's been 250 miles and I still haven't gotten a light.

Obviously this may not work for you, but this is how I fixed mine.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:45 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
You're welcome MaQG37.
I see that you have the Invidia Q300 CBE installed based on your signature.
I would like your opinion about it because I'm thinking of getting it.
How is the sound and most importantly the gain. Have you felt any gain after the install?

Thanks
I didn't notice much at all. The sound is pretty quiet. Slightly louder than OEM. I have R2C intakes that pretty much drown the exhaust sound. It's well built exhaust that looks great and may be a good fit for your test pipes.

I noticed in your vid, there is quite a bit of rattling on the rev. What's going on with that?
Old 07-14-2015, 02:27 PM
DevilsG37s

Originally Posted by MaQG37
I didn't notice much at all. The sound is pretty quiet. Slightly louder than OEM. I have R2C intakes that pretty much drown the exhaust sound. It's well built exhaust that looks great and may be a good fit for your test pipes.

I noticed in your vid, there is quite a bit of rattling on the rev. What's going on with that?

Yes, there is some rattling when revving. Actually it's not "rattling". It's more of a raspy hissing sound.. don't know how to put it in words but I'll improvise. It sounds like if there is some sand flowing along with the exhausted gases inside the test pipes. I'm suspecting a leak in the flanges. I will get it checked tomorrow to see if there is any.
And if there is no leak, then it's maybe due to the difference in the ID of the test pipes and the rest of the exhaust parts. As it seems by comparing it with the OEM cats, they look a lot wider.
This noise wasn't there in the day if the install. This what made me suspect that it's a leak.
I will check it and come back to you with the facts.

A side note: I'm really lovin' the gain in low to mid range torque.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:48 PM
DevilsG37s

Originally Posted by Thirty_Seven
Just a heads up, I was getting a CEL with my Stillen HFC's. Regular extenders wouldn't work, I needed to buy these that completely keep thew sensors out of the pipes.

After installing, make sure to reset the ECU using this method. It's been 250 miles and I still haven't gotten a light.

Obviously this may not work for you, but this is how I fixed mine.
Thanks for the help.
I'm going to use the steel wool fix. Hope it works.

Quick Reply: Review CNT V2 Test Pipes w/ HKS Style Resonators