Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Trouble starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 09:13 AM
13G37xS
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trouble starting

Hey guys

so yesterday I tried starting my car and it would start then the rpms would slowly dip down and in 3 seconds the car woukd die. Tried this 4 times back to back with the same result. Thrn on the 5th try it stayed running.

i drove the car for 30 mins about 1 hour prior to this happening. Everything was fine.

never happened before. Car has 55k

any tips, appreciate it, thanks in advance
Old 01-08-2017, 03:42 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
check and see your throttle body if there is excessive carbon buildup. clean out the throttle body and go from there. if you still run into the same problem afterwards you may need to hook up a fuel gauge and check fuel pressure as you are cranking the engine and fuel pressure with the engine off to see fuel pressure leakdown.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:18 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by 13G37xS
Hey guys

so yesterday I tried starting my car and it would start then the rpms would slowly dip down and in 3 seconds the car woukd die. Tried this 4 times back to back with the same result. Thrn on the 5th try it stayed running.

i drove the car for 30 mins about 1 hour prior to this happening. Everything was fine.

never happened before. Car has 55k

any tips, appreciate it, thanks in advance
How old is your battery?

Test the cells

Telcoman
Old 01-08-2017, 09:12 PM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Seen this in another thread Rochester started. I commented there. Mine wouldn't turn over randomly a few weeks ago and replaced the battery. Today after a 30 minute drive I stopped at Walmart. Upon leaving it started and died. Tried again with the same result. Third time I gave it a little gas and it slowly raised the rpm''s and stayed running. In the other thread cleaning the throttle bodies was mentioned. Searching online I came across the mention of a guy having a throttle chamber replaced. Not sure what that is. I know I don't like it happening. Was just in for my 60k service 2 weeks ago and my extended warranty runs out in @ 800 miles