Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

HELP Auto Transmission Problem!! 2008 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 04:38 PM
G37coupejdm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP Auto Transmission Problem!! 2008 coupe

Hey guys,

My g37 has been in a rear ender. Pretty much the whole rear bumper and clip has to be fixed (no mechanical damage thankfully). There is a module (the fuel management system I'm assuming) that has pretty much been torn off the body, and looks intact minus the holder thats bent. In any case, I've never had any problem with the transmission before, but after the accident, I can't put the car in park AT ALL. I try to push it Park and it just pops back into Reverse. It runs fine, no external damage done to the transmission, it just doesn't go into park. I also feel that the shifter needs a little wiggle for the button to be pressed so I can get it out of drive. All drive/reverse functions are not affected. Has this ever happened to anyone? Could the crash have created some kind of short that messed with the ECU? I'm gonna get it checked on Tues, but I figured I'd ask here first. I'm really hoping it's just a software issue.

It's an 08 S coupe, 60 clicks on the clock, and I was hit waiting at a red light.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-20-2014, 04:58 PM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Hope no one was injured!..Did you try opening the little cover that says shift lock? Might be able to just unlock it.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:38 AM
SmileyUAE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had the same issue. I can't really explain how to fix it, but the issue lies with the shifter rod. If you take off the **** and pull off the boot and have the bare metal exposed, you can kinda see a tab which has to be pushed up to allow the lever to be placed into the park position.

I fixed mine by shaving the plastic piece with a bent knife, and some grease to allow the lever to move freely. Not the best solution but its been working for the past 11 months.

Good luck