Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help rear differential leak?!?!?!????

Old 04-14-2014, 07:44 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Vance67
Infiniti doesn't make a replacement bushing, the whole rear subframe had to be replaced under warranty. Engineering fail
That's what I thought. Could be that my service advisor is saying the same thing but just calling it a cradle? I dunno but it's a three day repair from what they're saying. I figure let them do it now and in a year or so I'll go with the aftermarket bushings.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:31 PM
skmonsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was the rear differential bushing that was causing the leak, but apparently, they are telling me it is not covered by the power train warranty and will charge me about $1600 to change it. guess i have to go with whiteline.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by skmonsta
it was the rear differential bushing that was causing the leak, but apparently, they are telling me it is not covered by the power train warranty and will charge me about $1600 to change it. guess i have to go with whiteline.
That's BS, same thing happened to me and it was covered, unless they just did everything out of the kindness of their hearts. I would contact Infiniti corporate and talk to them or go to another dealer if you have another in your area.

I asked my head tech here (Nissan) and he asked his buddy that is a tech for Infiniti down in the Carolina's. The tech said it would be covered, and he was right. I did state this to the Infiniti dealer. I would ask them (if their isn't another in you area) why you have someone you have bee talking to have the same exact thing happen under warranty and they won't do it.

Nothing voided your warranty right? You're the second owner? You could ask another dealer to run it and see if any part of the warranty is voided, that's what I did before I bought my car
Old 04-15-2014, 03:04 PM
kRAM
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Which dealership did you talk to?
Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 PM
skmonsta

Originally Posted by kRAM
Which dealership did you talk to?
beshoff. heard good reviews off em.

so what does the damn powertrain warrenty cover..
Old 04-16-2014, 01:06 AM
kRAM
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
damn that sucks. I had it replaced at beshoff and they installed my camber kit, elongated the wholes for toe bolts and did the alignment all under warranty. Thats partly the reason I tried the -4 camber on my car since it was free and I was planning to get an alignment afterwards anyway so if i didn't like it I would put it back to oem specs.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Synolimit

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
That's BS, same thing happened to me and it was covered, unless they just did everything out of the kindness of their hearts. I would contact Infiniti corporate and talk to them or go to another dealer if you have another in your area.

I asked my head tech here (Nissan) and he asked his buddy that is a tech for Infiniti down in the Carolina's. The tech said it would be covered, and he was right. I did state this to the Infiniti dealer. I would ask them (if their isn't another in you area) why you have someone you have bee talking to have the same exact thing happen under warranty and they won't do it.

Nothing voided your warranty right? You're the second owner? You could ask another dealer to run it and see if any part of the warranty is voided, that's what I did before I bought my car
Why push so hard for OEM crap? Spend $98, a few beers and pizza and do it right with some friends.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:32 AM
skmonsta

i don't think any part of the warranty is voided. the service advisor told me that this doesnt get covered by the power train warranty, so i asked him "than is it under basic warranty?" and he said YES.
which i kinda knew it was BS. Im pretty sure he said that because my basic warranty is expired. Im gonna try talking to the guy again and if he still says the samething, ill try calling the infiniti corporate or another dealership.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
That is not a part of the power train and is only covered by the basis warranty. The power train are the moving parts of your car that generate and transfer power. They are correct.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:17 PM
skmonsta

Originally Posted by Black Betty
That is not a part of the power train and is only covered by the basis warranty. The power train are the moving parts of your car that generate and transfer power. They are correct.
ok =[ well my best choice would be whiteline i guess.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

ok =[ well my best choice would be whiteline i guess.
Yes. There is a detailed DIY thread by TVPostSound on the install. It's sticky.
The following users liked this post:
skmonsta (04-17-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Synolimit

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Many have had it fixed under the power train warranty since the part does move and is attached to the power train. One even showed it under nissans guidelines on 370z.com. Not sure why EVERY dealer says no but I saw it, its in black and white! They must have to dig for it or something to find it. They just need to do their jobs. But what do you expect from minimum wage no logic hobos which all dealers consist of. They don't drive these, care about these, 90% of employees just view it as a job. They get one good tech and my experience the manages or just owners family members.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Vance67

Originally Posted by Synolimit
Why push so hard for OEM crap? Spend $98, a few beers and pizza and do it right with some friends.
Might as well have it done while its in warranty and when it happens again then spend the money. That's what I did, I just wanted to save $ and am planning on doing the whiteline bushings
Old 04-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Vance67

Infiniti of Nashua did it for me under the powertrain warranty. My car was over 3 years old and had 50,000 miles on it.

What you're saying does make sense, I didn't think it would be, but one of my master techs here at Nissan, contacted his buddy who is a master tech in the Carolina's and confirmed it would be covered under the 70,000 mile powertrain warranty before I even went in. I did mention this to the dealership before they looked at the car to determine if it would be covered.

Maybe it's covered because the powertrain made the bushing break?

IDK, I didn't think it would be covered, but it was for me
The following users liked this post:
Synolimit (04-16-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

If some dealerships are covering it for some people, that's great. However this is what the warranty specifically states about power train coverage, quoted directly from the manual.

• Powertrain coverage includes components listed
below, supplied by NISSAN, except for those items
listed under the caption “WHAT IS NOT COVERED.”
ENGINE
-
Cylinder heads and block and all internal
parts, rocker covers and oil pan, valve train and front
cover, timing chain and tensioner, oil pump, water
pump and fuel pump, fuel injectors, intake and
exhaust manifolds, flywheel, seals and gaskets.
TRANSMISSION AND TRANSAXLE
-
Case and all internal parts, torque converter and converter housing,
automatic transmission control module, transfer
case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets,
clutch cover and housing, and electronic transmission controls.
DRIVETRAIN
-
Drive shafts, final drive housing and all internal parts, propeller shafts, universal joints, bearings, seals and gaskets.
RESTRAINT SYSTEM
-
Air bags and related electronic
control systems.
It is NOT a part of the power train. But I'm glad they took care of you anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help rear differential leak?!?!?!????