Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help rear differential leak?!?!?!????

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
If some dealerships are covering it for some people, that's great. However this is what the warranty specifically states about power train coverage, quoted directly from the manual.

It is NOT a part of the power train. But I'm glad they took care of you anyway.
tooche` my friend
Old 04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Synolimit

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Vance67
Might as well have it done while its in warranty and when it happens again then spend the money. That's what I did, I just wanted to save $ and am planning on doing the whiteline bushings
But you didn't save money. You were out a car for days and will have to do it again when it pops. That's 2 down times when it could have been just 1. Granted one could do the work himself but still, my times precious and going to a dealer then a shop or 4-5hrs in my garage is just not worth it all over a little $100 bushing. This bushing also helps performance and reduces wheel hop. So why also wait months/years/miles for it to pop again and not have as nice of a car. The saying do it right the first time means a lot here.

Last edited by Synolimit; 04-16-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Synolimit

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If some dealerships are covering it for some people, that's great. However this is what the warranty specifically states about power train coverage, quoted directly from the manual.

It is NOT a part of the power train. But I'm glad they took care of you anyway.
He is right. The tech found it and so will I to show you once 370z comes back online. Theres more to it than just that.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Vance67

Originally Posted by Synolimit
But you didn't save money. You were out a car for days and will have to do it again when it pops. That's 2 down times when it could have been just 1. Granted one could do the work himself but still, my times previous and doing to a dealer then a shop or 4-5hrs in my garage is just not worth it all over a little $100 bushing. This bushing also helps performance and reduces wheel hop. So why also wait months/years/miles for it to pop again and not have as nice of a car. The saying do it right the first time means a lot here.
Having a loaner car does not cost $. So yes, my car was in thew shop, no, the free loaner car did not cost me $

I got a whole new rear subframe for free and I'm still going to switch out the bushing later.

I understand th ebushiong helps, but from my understanding, it's not that big of a deal. to me the 4-5hrs it will take, is fun for me, I enjoy working on my car.

It was worth it for me, maybe not you. Happy you are happy with how decided to do it, I'm happy with how I decided to do it
Old 04-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Synolimit

Originally Posted by Vance67
Having a loaner car does not cost $. So yes, my car was in thew shop, no, the free loaner car did not cost me $

I got a whole new rear subframe for free and I'm still going to switch out the bushing later.

I understand th ebushiong helps, but from my understanding, it's not that big of a deal. to me the 4-5hrs it will take, is fun for me, I enjoy working on my car.

It was worth it for me, maybe not you. Happy you are happy with how decided to do it, I'm happy with how I decided to do it
I meant along the lines of what it takes to drive there, wait, go back, gas to and from, then all over again etc when they won't do it a second time. Now you have to research, buy, wait, find an installer, wait more, no loaner now etc etc. it all adds up greatly. I don't want to waste time. I just bought a spl for $20 and did it with some other things. It was worth but I'd never do it again haha! Besides its hell for me for ANYONE to touch my car. I don't trust **** at a dealer! No way in hell I'd let them touch anything for any reason. I'll pay cash before I let some kid do something for free. I think theres plenty of info here to prove this. One comes to mind a dealer fixing his hood but damaged his door and rear bumper within the last week. No spank you
Old 04-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Vance67

Originally Posted by Synolimit
I meant along the lines of what it takes to drive there, wait, go back, gas to and from, then all over again etc when they won't do it a second time. Now you have to research, buy, wait, find an installer, wait more, no loaner now etc etc. it all adds up greatly. I don't want to waste time. I just bought a spl for $20 and did it with some other things. It was worth but I'd never do it again haha! Besides its hell for me for ANYONE to touch my car. I don't trust **** at a dealer! No way in hell I'd let them touch anything for any reason. I'll pay cash before I let some kid do something for free. I think theres plenty of info here to prove this. One comes to mind a dealer fixing his hood but damaged his door and rear bumper within the last week. No spank you
I don't like people touching my car either. To me it made sense, there was a gas cost. There is no research going with whiteline bushings and just like the DIY probably adding the NISMO rear diff cover. I like working on my car, probably purchasing a new lift soon.

I'm in the business too, I sell cars for Nissan, so usually when a dealer knows that, you get better treatment, probably why they did it under warranty for me. Before I started selling cars I probably wouldn't have felt comfortable bringing my car to a dealer, but now I always will. Plus it's not free work, Nissan/Infiniti pays the dealership the cost to do the work. So the dealership still gets paid and the technicians, at least that's what my service manager said when I asked him how it worked. So, the dealership doesn't care as long as they can write it off as warranty work, they get paid, it's free to the consumer, not the manufacturer
Old 06-17-2014, 11:53 AM
kdawg8526
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
just had this happen to my 2011 with 40k miles dealer covered it under warranty no questions asked.