Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 05:37 PM
saad2233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just want to know if i order the kit where can i get it installed and get the tune done. I'm in Canada Alberta.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:49 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Hi guys, can anyone tell me which DTC is disabled when you flash with the Stillen canned tuna? Haha also which monitors become n/a?
Old 10-20-2016, 02:10 PM
BHunts

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by saad2233
i just want to know if i order the kit where can i get it installed and get the tune done. I'm in Canada Alberta.
Where abouts are you in Alberta? Does it matter to you how far you travel?
I would recommend talking to Sasha at Boosted Performance (I believe he is in Edmonton) or there is a place called Tuner Works in Calgary that is fairly reputable. I do suggest speaking with Sasha first and foremost. Good luck with your FI journey
Old 10-24-2016, 05:10 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by saad2233
sent you a PM
Old 11-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Ozzie069

Automatic?

How does the transmission do with the sc? Does it shift on time or it lags a little?
Old 11-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Q50SC

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ozzie069
How does the transmission do with the sc? Does it shift on time or it lags a little?
Shifts like normal in regular driving (not in boost) and shifts harder in boost.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:22 PM
BHunts

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ozzie069
It really depends on who tunes the car. mines shifts good almost all the time. Feels really good in boost Only issue I have is sometimes it holds in 3rd longer than it should.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:10 PM
GNTLMN_Z
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
^^^ 6mt FTW!!
Old 02-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Kevin31

New g37

Originally Posted by jwfisher
Please post to benefit owners if you have the Stillen G37 kit.
This is NOT an argument over whether to get the Stillen kit or not. Take that elsewhere.
It IS a discussion BY CURRENT STILLEN OWNERS of your experiences in order to help other STILLEN owners.

Specifically:
  • How long have you had it? Coupe or 4-door? Transmission?
  • Experiences with it, reliability, temperatures, how often do you change the lube and belts? How many miles on the car, gas mileage.
  • Who did the install? Infiniti dealer? Performance shop? Yourself?
  • Who did the tuning? Is it the Stillen UpRev, or somebody else?
  • Dyno numbers and charts
  • Quarter mile times, and roadrace experience
  • Related mods. Do you have the coolers (oil, tranny)? Exhaust system (which one)? Replacement headers and cats (which ones)?
  • Other mods that go well with it?
Here's what we're talking about with my own G:

• 2009 "S" Sedan, 7-AT.
  • 38k miles currently, 6k on Stillen supercharger (5 months old) and UpRev tune.
  • 20 MPG around town, very high 20s on open highway. MUCH less when "foot in it".
  • 440 HP, 345 torque at the wheels
  • Stillen coolers: oil and tranny.
  • ARK "burnt tip" cat-back exhaust (IMHO, a *huge* power adder, but way too loud)
  • Stillen springs and sway bars, 235s/255s on factory 18s. Stillen-sourced SPC front upper arms and rear lower links for camber adjustment.
  • Eibach springs (IMHO: I hate them).

Well, I just bought a new G37S my with the supercharger and I was wondering... what kind of oil does it take? And what all does it require for maintenance? What would be the first thing you do with a supercharged G37S? Re tune?
Old 03-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Mad A
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin31
Well, I just bought a new G37S my with the supercharger and I was wondering... what kind of oil does it take? And what all does it require for maintenance? What would be the first thing you do with a supercharged G37S? Re tune?
I just bought a G37 with a Stillen supercharger on it as well.

Here is a link to the install manual, it has maintenance instructions at the end:

https://www.stillen.com/media/PDF/407730~inst.pdf

The best deal on the vortech supercharger oil i found was through Jegs via ebay, $33.xx with free shipping for a 3-pack.

I have a bunch of questions I will ask here soon, just trying to research and find answers on my own first This is my new favorite thread, lol.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Topgunz
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you want to safely break 500whp with the stillen send me a PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Mad A
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question, is it worth getting high flow cats with the Stillen supercharger setup? What kind of gain will I see with the HFCs over stock cats?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad A
Question, is it worth getting high flow cats with the Stillen supercharger setup? What kind of gain will I see with the HFCs over stock cats?
Personally I hate the smell and love the environment - plus i Live in CA where I have to have them on for smog, so I would vote stock cats. However, I believe with the correct tune you will gain more. I would talk to Anthony about it, he would have some input on this, although the general consensus thus far has been that keeping stock cats yields better torque.. who knows really.. since all the tunes are all over the place.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM
milkcow500
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I suggest you go test pipes. HFCs tend to blow out a lot easier from the heat, unless you buy high temp ones for high hp builds. These won't be bolt on though and you'll have to have them welded on.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:18 PM
goredcar
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Go with ART pipes.

According to Stillen you will lose power if you don't have stock cats on. I actually started a thread on this and there was some debate. So I ended yp taking off my ART pipes, which I loved the sound of, and put stock cats back on. Of course I have no way to tell now if I would have been OK with the ART pipes. My tuner said that it would have been no problem. Now after 2 summers my stock cats are burned out and I need to replace them. I feel like I got bad advice from Stilllen, and now have to buy new ART pipes as I sold the old ones. Some HFCs sound pretty raspy... not the sound I like. The ART pipes make a low rumble... and with my Invidia exhaust was perfect with no highway drone.

Quick Reply: Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!