Go Back   MyG37 > Tech Area > Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageUsed CarsvBLiveVendor Directory TSBs
Search

Welcome to myG37 forums!
Welcome to myG37 Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join myG37 Forums today!

submit to reddit

Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
MrMichael

Trader Score: (0)
clicking while accelerating

I'm having this really wierd problem. I'm going to make an appointment and take it in but wanted to know if anyone else is getting it.

Sometimes while accelerating when I get to the 1000 level rpms I hear this click click click sound as it approaches the rpm level. While approaching it is slow and it gets faster and louder when I get to the level then disappears after I pass the level. I've had it at 3k, sometimes 4, sometimes 5 and 6. It isn't always at the same level. Sometimes there won't be anything and then sometimes it will be there. You cannot hear it outside nor can you hear it with the hood open. It sounds like it is coming from the drivers side pedal area. I can let up on the gas completely and let the rpms drop and it still clicks but since rpms are dropping the click slows down to match the rpm drop.
MrMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
aznutx

cant hear it with the hood open? this one puzzles me
Old 03-14-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
RedlineSi

Maybe your exhaust. Some people have had problems with theirs making sounds like that.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
MrMichael

And it wasn't doing it this morning on the way to work. I thought maybe it was the parking brake so I set and unset it last night but it still happened. The parking brake pedal itself does have some movement to the right, about and inch or two sideways, but when I can get it to click I put my foot on the parking brake pedal to see if that stopped it but it didn't. I just know when i take it in they aren't going to be able to duplicate it. I just set an appointment for Monday so we'll see what they say.

Last edited by MrMichael; 03-14-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Old 03-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
sahiwal007

Trader Score: (1)
could it be this http://myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178727
Old 03-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
MrMichael

The description sounds like the same but I don't hear it in the video and I can't hear mine outside of the car. I do get a tinging noise when I turn the car off, I'm having them look at that too but I'm assuming its just heat expansion and contraction under the car. The tinging noise isn't the same sound as the clicking noise that I hear though, they are different pitches. The tinging sounds purely metallic, the clicking sounds like if you were to take your finger nail and tap on some hard plastic really quick.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:18 PM
MyG37
Infiniti G37

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit