ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Ipl ecu

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 01:58 PM
Chives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipl ecu

I just saw an IPL ECU for sale on the internet. Now don't the IPL put out more horsepower and torque with the exact same engine as the normal Gs? So my question is could you replace your stock ECU with an IPL ECU and make more power? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm pretty inexperienced with cars and new to modding. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:19 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Probably not. I assume that the ECU would need to be paired with your key fobs and I doubt the ECU really makes a difference. Just get your ECU tuned
Old 12-28-2016, 10:07 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Chives
I just saw an IPL ECU for sale on the internet. Now don't the IPL put out more horsepower and torque with the exact same engine as the normal Gs? So my question is could you replace your stock ECU with an IPL ECU and make more power? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm pretty inexperienced with cars and new to modding. Thanks in advance.

ipl was tuned fromfrom the factory and got true dual exhaust the total output was 348 hp.
so you can get the ipl exhaust and ecu and bump your hp from 333 to 348.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:39 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
I think you need more than just the ECU. Keys can be programmed but you may need the immobilizer ECU (not sure what the correct name is) to get everything to work. Won't be easy.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:35 PM
Chives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay I was just curious. If I'm going to spend that much money I might was well just get a custom tune. I appreciate the responses!