ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Review Uprev.vs. Ecutek

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 09:50 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Uprev.vs. Ecutek

So I finally did it and bought EcuTek and going to Etunes with Viscotti. I when finished I will go back to my dyno and get pulls done. Same car same mods only thing changing is the software lets see what happens. Dyno is the 13th @9am!

BTW UPREV and my tuner are awesome something I have wanted to see for over a year and no one else did it so why not me LOL .

I also am on my 3rd Flash already as John and I started this on Saturday turn around time is super and the communications have been very good also .

Some note so far ( 1 day driving)
The car feels good but still only have really one full day of driving including the morning drive to work. A quick "butt" feel is the cars throttle response and part throttle doesn't feel as smooth as UPREV ;/. Part throttle-- there seems to but a little back and feel before the car smooths out ( Nothing crazy) and the throttle response feels a bit delayed( On the UPRV the car really felt VERY close to a drive-by wire) The WOT pulls I have done feel a bit harder but its really hard to say. The shifting feels about the same but the shifts felt a bit firmer with UPREV :/. Not sure we've done anything with the line pressure yet?

I know we are still working through things so I'm sure we will iron these out for sure . I really LOVED that I could see knock and see it was ZERO! I was looking through my logs when I had a few free minuets while working on the house this weekend.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I've been looking at EcuTek as well. I have my tuner here wrapping up on doing some research on it. The RaceRom they provide looks amazing. A lot more options especially for FI applications. Rolling Boost!!!
Old 06-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Thirty_Seven

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Good luck with it. I'm very interested in the results. Thanks for being the guinea pig lol
Old 06-08-2015, 11:56 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
So I finally did it and bought EcuTek and going to Etunes with Viscotti. I when finished I will go back to my dyno and get pulls done. Same car same mods only thing changing is the software lets see what happens. Dyno is the 13th @9am!

BTW UPREV and my tuner are awesome something I have wanted to see for over a year and no one else did it so why not me LOL .

I also am on my 3rd Flash already as John and I started this on Saturday turn around time is super and the communications have been very good also .

Some note so far ( 1 day driving)
The car feels good but still only have really one full day of driving including the morning drive to work. A quick "butt" feel is the cars throttle response and part throttle doesn't feel as smooth as UPREV ;/. Part throttle-- there seems to but a little back and feel before the car smooths out ( Nothing crazy) and the throttle response feels a bit delayed( On the UPRV the car really felt VERY close to a drive-by wire) The WOT pulls I have done feel a bit harder but its really hard to say. The shifting feels about the same but the shifts felt a bit firmer with UPREV :/. Not sure we've done anything with the line pressure yet?

I know we are still working through things so I'm sure we will iron these out for sure . I really LOVED that I could see knock and see it was ZERO! I was looking through my logs when I had a few free minuets while working on the house this weekend.
Ask them to address the lack of firmness in your shift? MY Ecutek experience is the same regarding the lack of firmness which is critical on our 7AT platform. Let Visconti know.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 12:38 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I have for sure, It's in my thread ( Started Saturday) on the 370Z forum.
Old 06-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Magowin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My shifts are very firm but it depends on the throttle pedal position. Sometimes it snaps me back and chirps going into second but most of the time it's slightly better than stock on my ECU-Tek tune. I'm glad your going through Visconti I was thinking about getting retuned by someone really reputable not really liking my current tune I think I can get much more out of it from a different tuner. They finally released the latest racerom so it's no longer beta which is good. Everyone should now be able to switch tunes on the fly from cruise control as I was with my beta tune.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:12 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

yea he made some adjustments to my latest flash(5) and I'm on MAP4 the car felt WAY different the the prior maps which is good thing.I rained he pretty bad last night and there was traffic this morning on my way to work, maybe at 7pm when I'm heading home I can get him the logs he needs on this map. Saturday is close!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:21 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Subscribed for updates... Probably going with visconti as well! By the way do you have a link to your 370 thread? I would like to follow there as well...
Old 06-10-2015, 04:26 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Sure man a lot more over there :/. John actually has screen shots of my cars fuel trims also

So Finally did it - Nissan 370Z Forum
jroyalty7 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 04:41 PM
jroyalty7
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Thank you sir!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Sure man a lot more over there :/. John actually has screen shots of my cars fuel trims also

So Finally did it - Nissan 370Z Forum
Holy crap that was an interesting read to say the least. Definition of thread hijacking.
jroyalty7 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-11-2015, 08:17 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Yea your telling me! I was working all day check in on it and saw that :/ . WOW LOL

There's a lot of good info in there tho!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:49 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Yea your telling me! I was working all day check in on it and saw that :/ . WOW LOL

After reading this I had to go over and read that other thread...haha. Amazing. Sounds like that tune is moving along though. Good stuff man.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:56 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

On of the most important problem (Line pressure increase for the 7AT). Has that been addressed ANMVQ? Was it fixed?
Old 06-11-2015, 02:28 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
I am currently on the old racerom of ecutek, going to get the new version and a retune from seb at specialty z next week . curious to see your results.

Quick Reply: Review Uprev.vs. Ecutek