ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Review Uprev.vs. Ecutek

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 01:53 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Glad to hear of someone with similar results to mine!

I still need to datalog and get the files to John but just with the boxed eTune its a completely different car. Without any custom tuning the shifting on my 7at has changed drastically, looking forward to seeing what happens when we get it tweaked.

Without an AWD dyno in the area I'm beyond happy with the eTune process, can't believe I waited so darn long.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (06-19-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 02:46 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Rex how much did you pay for your e-tune? This may jump to the front as my next mod after the ported lower manifold.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Magowin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ANMVQ does Visconti only do E-Tunes or do they dyno tune as well and if they dyno tune are they open Saturdays?
Old 06-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Glad to hear of someone with similar results to mine!

I still need to datalog and get the files to John but just with the boxed eTune its a completely different car. Without any custom tuning the shifting on my 7at has changed drastically, looking forward to seeing what happens when we get it tweaked.

Without an AWD dyno in the area I'm beyond happy with the eTune process, can't believe I waited so darn long.

Rex I def need your help with my tune when you get a chance bro. I've not even began the research phase of it yet. Would love to skip a few steps n jump right to the top if possible. But if it's better to start lower n work your way up I'm all in for that as well.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:20 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Magowin
ANMVQ does Visconti only do E-Tunes or do they dyno tune as well and if they dyno tune are they open Saturdays?

He does both. I went this route because its hard for me to get to him in CT. But either way he's good and you'd be happy.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:30 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
Rex how much did you pay for your e-tune? This may jump to the front as my next mod after the ported lower manifold.
I paid $850 but I wanted him to custom tune once I send in my datalogs. Right now I'm running the off the shelf etune and the car is running very strong. I'd be happy just with this to be honest. I waited until I felt like I was done with bolt ones, I don't think I'm going to with ported manifolds or throttle bodies so I figured it was time.

Originally Posted by Redfire32
Rex I def need your help with my tune when you get a chance bro. I've not even began the research phase of it yet. Would love to skip a few steps n jump right to the top if possible. But if it's better to start lower n work your way up I'm all in for that as well.
Absolutely, just let me know when you start thinking more about it. Once we get a cruise going I'm sure we'll be able to connect too.

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
He does both. I went this route because its hard for me to get to him in CT. But either way he's good and you'd be happy.
I really wanted him to dyno tune mine but, same thing, CT is tough to get to with the car. If I wind up going to sedan meet I may head into LI and take the ferry over depending on how much time I have. At the same time, it may wind up just being to get HP/TQ numbers.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:25 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

And imagine that it's running strong now and you on the his least aggressive tune
The first two maps he has you run and very band( IN his opinion) if sort out the fueling, and ECT. Then he dials it up on the last map he sends, and it is the most aggressive but still super safe. I have seen zero knock on mine ( Check engine light will flash if the car sees any knock).
You'll have access to all three VIA the map switching
Old 06-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

AMNVQ and Rex. So you guys paid $850.00 for the e-tune with Visconti and got 3 maps? For that price I think I'll jump on it.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
I'm curious can these programs and tunes be shared by cars with the same power mods?
Old 06-21-2015, 03:10 PM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
And imagine that it's running strong now and you on the his least aggressive tune
The first two maps he has you run and very band( IN his opinion) if sort out the fueling, and ECT. Then he dials it up on the last map he sends, and it is the most aggressive but still super safe. I have seen zero knock on mine ( Check engine light will flash if the car sees any knock).
You'll have access to all three VIA the map switching
quick question, are you running 93 octane gas in your g? just got mine retuned with racerom 2 and I am seeing knock, but I run 91 cali crap gas in my car as that is my best option. only time I really see knock is high load in gears 5-7. funny thing is, I still picked up good power over my last ecutek tuned map. I was told that I will see knock unless I can find some higher octane feul, or run the low power map he provided. I guess our cars knock allot even with the factory tune.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:24 AM
conkus805
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Update on the knock I'm getting, ran an octane booster in my recent tank of gas and it totally eliminated my knock. I am running my car on one of the more aggressive maps provided by my tuner. With the booster the car runs like a beast, if I don't run booster I'll just run one of the milder maps I have. I know running booster is not great for our cars but it will be fun running it every now and then just for ****s and giggles.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:54 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
AMNVQ and Rex. So you guys paid $850.00 for the e-tune with Visconti and got 3 maps? For that price I think I'll jump on it.
Hey man yes that's correct . Three maps and valet and kill( On mine)

conkus805

Yes I run 93 OCT and I also run a bottle of turbo 108( Oct booster) 2 times a month. Car does run strong. I broke the rears loose and chip HARD hitting 2nd last Thursday. Pretty impressive since a have a X sedan.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:41 AM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

EcuTek coming soon for me. Checked out his site, all questions answered.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

QUESTION: I have just over 51k on my car now and want to get the tranny fluid changed. While I'm at the dealer I'm going to complain about delayed downshifting, etc. to get them to provide the TSB on the tranny. DO you guys think I should even do that or will the tune solve that problem? Currently there isn't much of a lag like there used to be before I got the UpRev tune, but it's still a little slow on the downshift if I hit it hard.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:48 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

You'll be happy man!

Quick Reply: Review Uprev.vs. Ecutek