Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Raceseng Sphereology shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:49 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Raceseng Sphereology shift ****

After a long search for a better shift ****, I decided on the Raceseng Sphereology and it is awesome! Definitely the best shift **** I have ever had on any car (and there have been a lot).

The build quailty is fantastic. The look and feel of the Sphereology are so good that it makes the OEM shifter look generic. The very heavy weight also makes shifting so much more smooth. The Delrin outer shell means it is not ice cold in the winter and scorching hot in the summer- very important for me in Wisconsin. The exposed metal also matches the interior trim on my 13 G37S sedan perfectly.

The installation is straightforward. It takes a few tries to line up where the shifter stops spinning, but once you do you can remove the shift **** as many times as you want and when you put it back on it stops spinning in exactly the right spot. Very slick. Speaking of spinning, the ability to switch covers is very convenient.

The pricing is very reasonable too. It is significantly less expensive than stock and almost half as much as a similar competitor that had terrible customer support. I asked the other company the difference between 2 of their shift ***** since there was a large price difference and was actually told the only reason I should spend the extra money was that "the other shift **** is more popular" What!?! I won't mention the competitor's name, but they have 3 letters in their name so you can probably figure it out.

Raceseng also has awesome customer support which is a huge bonus. They even offered to CAD design a custom top emblem for me. "Piece of cake," they said. They also have a number of different variations of shift ***** if you want something a little different. Check it out: Raceseng Sphereology - Shift **** - Infiniti - 6 Speed Manual

Last edited by 4DRZ; 11-26-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
very nice find. good alternative to a super expensive **** like a hebi bebi.
how much does the raceseng one weigh? 400-500 grams?
Old 11-26-2016, 04:44 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

470 grams- just over a pound. Freaking heavy. It feels like it is made out of lead. As a result it shifts like butter.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:30 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Can you take pics? Also, did you buy the shift boot retainer?

I've been looking into their product line too but couldn't decide between their standard Apex R and the Sphereology-style *****.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:57 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Here are some pics out of my build thread. There is some more info. there too. I did get the shift boot retainer.

The following users liked this post:
kickintheglass (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 12:08 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
You're right, this matches extremely well with the interior of the car. I'll grab this as a Christmas present to myself!

Btw, I'm glad that you found the source of your rattles
Old 11-28-2016, 12:29 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Well, it would be a great stocking stuffer if it were not so heavy.

Thanks for your support with the rattles. I feel like I was about a month away from joining a support group.