Drivetrain Reviews of clutches, gear mods, diffs, axles etc..

Review South Bend Stage 3 Daily Clutch w/ "Quiet Disc" Option

Old 02-19-2017, 11:05 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Jdragon1974
So here is the quick run down. I have a 08 g37 coupe sport. Had it for about 2 years and the first clutch change was at about 100k. Decided to go with Comp stage 1 clutch and 17lb. flywheeel also Comp. Yeah that clutched lasted about 9k before it started slipping. I do not race my car or get on it much honestly. Decided to go with something beefier and went with he stage 3 daily by South Bend.

First impression well let me back up, I also added B&M short throw when changing out the clutch. The kit came with a Z1 CSC and it was hard to bleed the clutch. My mechanic has worked on a bunch of the SB clutches and said he has never had a problem. So when he finished, the clutch pedal is pretty soft, not near as close to stock or the Comp clutch kit. The engagement point is pretty low. Probably about 4-6 inches to the floor. Other then that, it grips pretty wheel, hardly any chatter and I did not go with the silent option. Over all very impressed. I have about 300 miles on it so far. I dont know if it needs to be bled more, but the clutch is pretty soft to me???

Z1 doesnt make the HD CSC, We do, Did you change the master cylinder as well? If it is hard to bleed the system the master is the cause. The system will bleed very easily if the master is in good shape.

As far as the lighter pedal, The stage 3 will start off impressively light for the over 500HP it will hold and then start to firm up some as it gets fully broken in leaving you with a great feeling pedal and about a mid-way engagement point.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Jdragon1974

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry you are correct Sir, sorry about that. I had the Master replaced when I did the last clutch change 9000 unless the shop didnt replace it..So I am guessing that could be the problem. Thank you so much for the quick response!!! Also it would bleed fast when the release is moved slightly to the side, if that makes any sense!