D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Dball/dball2 installation diy

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 12:05 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
did you have to hook up the ground wire to the PTS button? does it look like I'm missing wires in my harness?
Attached Thumbnails Dball/dball2 installation diy-img_26841.jpg  
Old 08-22-2014, 04:42 PM
drkay
Premier Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts
Yes you do have to splice 1 wire into the PTS button harness. Follow the instructions in the website; they are correct.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:07 PM
DannyRod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys. I have followed all of the instructions i have found but... my G did not start with the 3X locks. also the break light was always on and the door will lock when open. some how it also drain all the current from my battery. I had to get it charged at advance autoparts. not sure where i went wrong.

list of steps I followed:
1. Flash DBall2 with 402.NISS3HT.
2. Connect OBDII to harness.
3. Tap into wire 4 of PTS connector (PTS wire) with the Green/Black wire.
4. Reconnected key port to harness.
5. Reconnected brake connector to harness (I did make sure I was using the correct connectors since there are two).
6. Inserted pins into BCM green connector (connector M123 for G37)
a. Black/White (unlock) to pin hole 15.
b. Green/White (lock) to pin hole 37.
c. Red/Black was not used since original pin is present.
7. Proceeded with instructions to program module.

Can anyone also help me clarify the use of the "On/Off" switch on the T-harness.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:57 PM
JonMS

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyRod
hey guys. I have followed all of the instructions i have found but... my G did not start with the 3X locks. also the break light was always on and the door will lock when open. some how it also drain all the current from my battery. I had to get it charged at advance autoparts. not sure where i went wrong.

list of steps I followed:
1. Flash DBall2 with 402.NISS3HT.
2. Connect OBDII to harness.
3. Tap into wire 4 of PTS connector (PTS wire) with the Green/Black wire.
4. Reconnected key port to harness.
5. Reconnected brake connector to harness (I did make sure I was using the correct connectors since there are two).
6. Inserted pins into BCM green connector (connector M123 for G37)
a. Black/White (unlock) to pin hole 15.
b. Green/White (lock) to pin hole 37.
c. Red/Black was not used since original pin is present.
7. Proceeded with instructions to program module.

Can anyone also help me clarify the use of the "On/Off" switch on the T-harness.
Red/Black needs to be spliced to pin39(gray)
Old 09-01-2014, 01:59 PM
JonMS

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Tackled this yesterday and cleaned everything up today. everything went perfect! I can just get in and go with it started. I do not have to press the start button or anything to "take control".
Old 09-04-2014, 05:46 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by botlfed98
did you have to hook up the ground wire to the PTS button? does it look like I'm missing wires in my harness?
can somebody take a picture of their harness and compare to see if I'm missing wires??
Old 10-11-2014, 05:04 PM
ok2much11

Hoping that someone can help me out here.

Just bought a pre-flashed dball2 for my 11 g37 sedan.

When I went to turn the car on and program the unit it just flashes orange.. a couple of times it seemed to have triggered the locks every few seconds.

I cant get it to stop flashing orange and cant figure out what it means.

Everything else works normally, just the dball acting up.

I used the harness for the install and I've tried with car on and with car running.

Not sure if I should try reflashing, but I'd have to buy the flash tool... hoping someone has a brilliant idea to save me!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Voide

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JonMS
Tackled this yesterday and cleaned everything up today. everything went perfect! I can just get in and go with it started. I do not have to press the start button or anything to "take control".
Uhh...can anybody elaborate on whether this is supposed to happen? I was interested in this until seeing this post. There needs to be some kind of security to verify that the person driving away has the key on them....right??
Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 PM
djdiskino

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I think I paid $300 at the dealer for them to install this exact remote start - I confirmed it today they they used the DBALL2 unit. I have the 3x Lock to start but fortunately it's all under warranty with my car since I got it installed the day I purchased it.

Long story short, I now hate the OEM keyfob distance and winter is coming so I am planning on adding the XL-202 rftd adapter, a 2 way LC3-HD antenna and some 2 way viper remotes. I'll post back on how it goes (hoping for just a plug and play and not have to mess with xkloader)
Old 10-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Hopefully someone here can help. I have been looking into adding the DBALL as a remote start and have noticed that they have recently stopped supporting 3X Lock to Start on any newly programmed installations.

They have done this in an effort to sell their new products, (4X10 and 5X10), which offer the same functionality as DBALL. This is fine with me, as I am willing to buy the newer system, but I cannot seem to find anywhere to buy it, besides 1 seller on eBay. Does anyone know where this system can be purchased?

Link to the new products:
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=468

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:04 PM
mystikal
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by botlfed98
can somebody take a picture of their harness and compare to see if I'm missing wires??
Hey, not sure if you install it or what...but go to
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ml#post3848407

look at my post.

Im assuming these are how some of the wires look....

It should be a set of "loose" wires, not attached or in a plastic harness.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:32 PM
MylilG

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this install on my '08 G35x. Just had a few quick questions.

1.What is the difference between the thniss3 harness and the thniss3c harness?
2.Is it true that the dball2 doesn't have the 3x lock RSR feature anymore?
3.If so then how can I get the RSR functionality?

I'd really like to get this done as soon as possible. Would really appreciate anyone who may steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:42 PM
gsteigerwald

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Can anyone help me out please! Ive had the DBALL with Viper Smart Start installed for almost a year now and recently something has gone wrong. When I try to start the car via my smart key or through the app the car will not start, it is saying that there is no key. But when I am inside the car and start it through the smart key or app it works. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there some sort of fuse or relay that may have went bad and needs to be replaced?

How does the DBALL override the car telling it to start without the key?

Thank you.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by gsteigerwald
Can anyone help me out please! Ive had the DBALL with Viper Smart Start installed for almost a year now and recently something has gone wrong. When I try to start the car via my smart key or through the app the car will not start, it is saying that there is no key. But when I am inside the car and start it through the smart key or app it works. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there some sort of fuse or relay that may have went bad and needs to be replaced?

How does the DBALL override the car telling it to start without the key?

Thank you.
I just responded to the other thread where you asked this question. You'll find out everything there.

How to fix your DBALL issue
Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 PM
new2this

got everything installed and it all works great. but now ALL my accessory lights wont turn off. they come on when the car first starts, then flash off, then come back on and stay on.

AWD, the traction control light, the ABS light, brake light, TPMS light, the key light.....

everything works but lights don't turn off...went to auto zone to get a scan and now the OBD2 port isn't powered up either?? car drives fine, no check engine light?

please help! I've owned the car for 2 weeks!!!

Quick Reply: DIY: Dball/dball2 installation diy