D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Reset Flashing Supplement Air Bag Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 03:59 AM
beckb
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ditto

Originally Posted by delfinparis
Hate to be oddly specific, but can anyone confirm this method works on a 2012 g37x? I've tried it many times and the flash doesn't go away. I can get diagnostic mode, but it doesn't reset. Being that it started when my battery went bad (just got it replaced), I don't think it's an actual airbag issue. But who knows?
EXACT SAME SITUATION FOR ME WITH MY G37 SPORT COUPE, TWICE NOW. In fact, I'm literally looking at this very issue as I type this. I JUST had my battery jumped a couple of minutes ago & before ANY other lights came on or there were any indications the battery was taking/holding a charge, I looked inside my car & could see the DREADED airbag light flashing AGAIN! While it was a huge relief to know life was being brought back into "my baby", it was beyond annoying to see that f#@$%!# red light back at it once again. I find it interesting that this issue happens after a battery drain/dead battery. As if my car not starting hasn't caused me enough frustration already.....ugh....I could be wrong, but I seem to vaguely recall having this happen to my 2006 G35 Coupe, as well!
And like another person stated, now I don't know if it's really an airbag issue......or not. My gut instinct tells me it's highly unlikely, but hey, what do I know.

In the event I missed something, if anyone knows if the battery drain is what causes the airbag light to continuously flash, I'd love to know. My extended warranty literally expired 2 months ago, (Hence the problems I'm suddenly having....2 dead batteries within 2 days, & now the airbag light. Par for the course) I'll be damned if I am going to take it in to Austin Infiniti & pay hundreds of dollars only to be told it was most likely due to the battery (but they don't know why or how to prevent it from happening again), & all they had to do was perform a simple reset. Or better yet, replace a fuse. Lord knows I could buy enough fuses to last multiple lifetimes for what the "stealership"would charge me.
🤚🙌✋
High five to the member who referred to the dealership as stealership. Freaking awesome. LOVE IT!

Dreaded flashing airbag light........
The following users liked this post:
01yellowr (04-12-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 01:48 AM
naste30
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@beckb
I think everyone on this thread including you and me is experiencing this issue:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...ode-b1015.html

It doesn't look good! I'm hoping my service contract/3rd party warranty will cover this as they did my catalytic converters
beckb (01-30-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 10:21 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 270 Posts
You can use the $15 enhanced diagnostic addon to OBDFusion to read and clear the SRS (aka airbag) module:
01yellowr (04-16-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 09:24 PM
beckb
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by naste30
@beckb
I think everyone on this thread including you and me is experiencing this issue:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...ode-b1015.html

It doesn't look good! I'm hoping my service contract/3rd party warranty will cover this as they did my catalytic converters
I'm sure it will. This had happened to me once before and mine was covered by the 3rd party warranty I had purchased when I bought the car. (The same one I previously mentioned had just expired a couple of months ago, unfortunately.)
Old 02-16-2020, 05:43 PM
Paul W Schwartz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought 2010 infiiniti and I am getting one long blink followed by five quick blinks in a rythmic pattern. what does that mean Modme?