D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Sub and Amp Install DIY

Old 07-21-2012, 12:29 PM
LexiG37

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gnehc1
In regards to the first post, can you tell me what color each wire is? You mention #8, #9, and #3. I have an '09 sedan with the Bose system if that matters. Thanks!
+1, but mine's an X
Old 08-14-2012, 10:44 PM
HMFIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking at the pic and i'm trying to see what Color the Remote wire is on that harness? I see the blue wire coming out towards the right of the picture connecting to something but i'm unsure what color the remote wire is on the harness. All i see is that it's number 3.

Could someone tell me?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:46 AM
xzeus
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HMFIC
I'm looking at the pic and i'm trying to see what Color the Remote wire is on that harness? I see the blue wire coming out towards the right of the picture connecting to something but i'm unsure what color the remote wire is on the harness. All i see is that it's number 3.

Could someone tell me?

Thanks!
When i installed my amp/sub i used the connector no. b41 - terminal no. 22 for the remote wire. Then i used terminals 23-26 to the rca cables.

i think if you use the B43 connector, the remote would would be no.3

here is the pdf showing the unit and connectors.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/attachm...se-boseamp.pdf
Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 PM
91dx

does it make a difference sound quality wise if I use a y splitter as opposed to using a rca for each tapped wire?
Old 11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
surfwagon

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just finished this install in my 2012 G37 Sedan.
Here a recap for what I did...
The Bose amp in the sedan is in the trunk under the rear deck/top of truck.
I used this diagram --> https://www.myg37.com/forums/attachm...se-boseamp.pdf
I spliced wire #20 Amp on signal (white) for the remote
I spliced wires #33 and 34 for the audio signal
To run the power from the battery I removed some of the plastic trim around the battery for easier access. I poked a hole through the rubber grommet near the battery. I pulled off the glove box and grabbed the wire with a coat hanger. Then run it to the trunk, tucking it under the plastic trim along the door. Removed the rear seat and poked a hole near to bottom so it wasn't visible. Everything worked out very well.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:52 PM
dkmesa350z
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
thanks for the update surf. I'll be doing this soon
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by aj37x
hey i figured it out for the non bose equiped g37. your going to need an rca converter, which is key. take apart your media center and climate control, look for the connecter towards the bottom of the cd play with 20 pins. wire 4 and 5 (light green and sky blue) are left rear speaker pos and neg wires in that order, 13 and 14 (some dark blue and pink) are right rear speaker pos and neg. and remote wire, i used a pink wire, i think near the clock connector. pwr and gnd are easy

Is there a write up that has more detail for the non bose G's? I have a RF amp and an R1 12", I'd like to hook up. I've searched but I only find this thread, I guess I could got to an installer...but doing it yourself is cheaper.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:42 PM
Jamsey Aimsey

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hey guys...

Sorry to bother you, and I know this will sound like a real stupid question but.... what does this mod do?.... give you more power?, higher sound?. I still find it kinda difficult to understand.... I know I can be brain dead sometimes, but I kinda know my stereos but am drawing blanks with this one..... Like I said sorry.... Maybe someone can explain it like I'm a 5 year old so there will be no way I should have questions.... What I'd like is to get more power and louder sound without chafing speakers, or other components..... If anyone can help thats great, Thank you kindly....

If there is no help available please be kind with the remarks, the insults do hurt. after all we are all trying to help each other.

Someone once told me the only stupid question was the one that wasn't asked!!

Thanks guys!!!

P.S. - Get me more power for my system!!!

nick
Old 01-16-2014, 10:29 PM
DR.FixThat

Do you think it'll be strong enough to run 2 12"s . I've been waiting to reinstall my subs for a long time and this helped me make my decision.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:03 PM
vuedoo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't find the thanks button, so, thanks op! I'd also like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I followed this diy as written and it worked the first time after reconnecting the negative battery. My advice to anyone attempting this is to read this entire thread in its entirety. This will get you started. The hardest part is always the actual diy. The install took me 2 hours and another 2 hours to put everything back including zip tying/clean look, etc. It will take some more time fiddling with the settings to fine tune. My setup is one JL Audio 10w3v3-4 sub, JL Audio 500/1v2 amp and JL Audio RBC-1 remote. To me it's got a classy kick. No neighbor shotgun pumping annoyance to it.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:34 PM
ratherunique85

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i want to try this cause i have an amp and two subs laying around but im afraid to
edit: finally completed my amp and sub install.. not sure if i did everything correctly but it works lol..

Last edited by ratherunique85; 06-30-2014 at 02:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:12 PM
yoshhhhh
Registered Member

Is it the same wires for a non bose system?
Old 11-24-2014, 10:49 PM
g37blueslate

Originally Posted by surfwagon
I just finished this install in my 2012 G37 Sedan.
Here a recap for what I did...
The Bose amp in the sedan is in the trunk under the rear deck/top of truck.
I used this diagram --> https://www.myg37.com/forums/attachm...se-boseamp.pdf
I spliced wire #20 Amp on signal (white) for the remote
I spliced wires #33 and 34 for the audio signal
To run the power from the battery I removed some of the plastic trim around the battery for easier access. I poked a hole through the rubber grommet near the battery. I pulled off the glove box and grabbed the wire with a coat hanger. Then run it to the trunk, tucking it under the plastic trim along the door. Removed the rear seat and poked a hole near to bottom so it wasn't visible. Everything worked out very well.

Do u have pics of what u spliced exactly. i thought i did mine correctly but my amp isn't powering up

Last edited by g37blueslate; 11-24-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:25 PM
surfwagon

I don't have any pic unfortunately. If you think you have the correct wires, make sure your connections are good. Search around. You should find diagrams and pictures. It was pretty straight forward.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:30 PM
surfwagon

See this diagram. Look at #20. It's on the harness clip on the left. #33 and #34 are on there too. See below diagram
W_diagramstereo_2.jpg Photo by joe_boo603 | Photobucket

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY: Sub and Amp Install DIY