D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: G37 all headlight bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
well... All I did was unhook my JWT bracket and lifted the intakes and proped them outta the way... if you have stock intakes... you need to remove the intake box....

then stick your hand down there... I really dont know what the big deal is about be specific in what part of the above you dont understand...
Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 PM
AndrewDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I think I get it. I just need to get the intake boxes out of the way, and the rest should be pretty easy? Anyone have any pictures of how to remove the intake boxes?
Old 09-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Boba

I just switched out all my lights. Here are some tips to help.

On the HIDs you don't have to uncrew any screws. There are clips on both sides, just unhook them and you should be set.

For the Fogs, it is also the same, except there is only one clip to unhook. I tried unscrewing one of them and I lost one screw in the housing. I suggest if you have magnetic tipped screwdriver, unscrewing would be easier... Otherwise, just use the clip...and for the parking light, its fairly simple.. just twist and take out.

PM me if you guys have any questions, I'll be glad to help.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This DIY helped me out alot. THanks!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey for the foglights do you really have to unscrew anything? how do you get the fog out do you just pull or do you have to twist the bulb
Old 09-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Boba

Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
hey for the foglights do you really have to unscrew anything? how do you get the fog out do you just pull or do you have to twist the bulb
No, you do not have to unscrew anything. There is a clip that secures the bulb in place. All you have to do is push the clip in and pop it out of the slot. But if you want to unscrew the two screws, you can also do that. But I suggest you have a magnetic tipped screwdriver or you might lose a screw in the housing. The clip is somewhat easier though if you have a good view from the fender well.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just finally finish installing the new HIDs and the new wedge city running bulbs. Let me tell you for the type of mod this is, it's a pain in the @$$ lol. I never knew how heavy this car actually was until when I put the car on jackstands, it crushed my blacktop driveway (oops!), but all in all it was worth it. I did the 6K bulbs with the matching white city running LEDs. The HID bulbs were easy and took little to no time, the wedge bulbs were tougher since it's very hard getting your hands in there. If you're going to be installing either HIDs or the wedge bulbs it's going to be mandatory to take the wheel off. I'm very happy with the outcome, and it matches the platinum graphite very well.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Boba

Originally Posted by Staples
I just finally finish installing the new HIDs and the new wedge city running bulbs. Let me tell you for the type of mod this is, it's a pain in the @$$ lol. I never knew how heavy this car actually was until when I put the car on jackstands, it crushed my blacktop driveway (oops!), but all in all it was worth it. I did the 6K bulbs with the matching white city running LEDs. The HID bulbs were easy and took little to no time, the wedge bulbs were tougher since it's very hard getting your hands in there. If you're going to be installing either HIDs or the wedge bulbs it's going to be mandatory to take the wheel off. I'm very happy with the outcome, and it matches the platinum graphite very well.
haha yeah, same here.. it was a pain to do this... I think for the most part there isn't a good view of anything even with the wheel pulled off... but in the end it's still worth it.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 PM
norcal530

has anyone installed the injen cold air intake yet? is it hard? let me know.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ F41L, wrong thread.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Boba

hahahah yeah
Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by norcal530
has anyone installed the injen cold air intake yet? is it hard? let me know.
... Random? lol
Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 PM
mako159

Can someone tell me where the black wire goes on the fog lights.. I took my HID's out of my fog lights and can't figure out where to plug it in... I'm goin through the top, so maybe I'm missing something.. lol
Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
^^ should go straight into the clip for the HID kit
Old 11-18-2008, 11:14 AM
mako159

Nah, I putting the stock H1 back in, I am removing the HID kit.. There is a yellow and black wire, the yellow connects to the male on the H1 bulb, wheres the black wire go is the question.. theres no other male connecting to the stock H1 bulb..

Quick Reply: DIY: G37 all headlight bulb replacement