Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Vinyl wrap prices these days?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Mattyem
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Vinyl wrap prices these days?

I live in Colorado and I've called into a few places to get a quote on getting my window trim and grill vinyl wrapped gloss black and I've gotten some outrageous quotes. So I want to know what you guys paid/what's a reasonable price?

I made an appointment to get the grill done (minus the emblem) for $170... it was cheaper then any other place...good or bad price? (They wanted $350 for the window trim I said helllll no)

All the other places were quoting 400-700 for the windows and grill. It just doesn't seem like it should be that much.

Btw does anyone have any shops in Colorado that do vinyl??
Old 10-07-2016, 03:39 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
$170 to wrap the girll sounds too much tbh? Could have gotten it dipped for that much.

I think some users have DYI on here for this job - It definitely is worth a try. You can save hundreds of dollars that can go towards other mods.

Just my .02 but 700 for some wrap on the trims sounds insane. I think I need to master this art and start making money
Old 10-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Mattyem
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2011-G
$170 to wrap the girll sounds too much tbh? Could have gotten it dipped for that much.

I think some users have DYI on here for this job - It definitely is worth a try. You can save hundreds of dollars that can go towards other mods.

Just my .02 but 700 for some wrap on the trims sounds insane. I think I need to master this art and start making money
You mean hydro dipped or plasti dipped? Isn't it a bit difficult to remove the grill?

I don't have the patience to do work like that haha!

You definitely should, I was getting insanely priced quotes. Definitely a good side job $$
Old 10-07-2016, 04:45 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

haha You need to build patience bro in order to save some $$$ unless you have money to burn - I think Blnewt has a DYI on here for the window trim - It's worth a shot - If you're successful then it's a win win - You save money and you got the job done but if not - you don't have another option but to go get them wrapped

I was thinking about getting mine painted black - Not sure how will that turn out but I was thinking with going all black on the grill, window trims, and the roof. But after I'm done with my performance mods
Old 10-07-2016, 08:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I'd give my DIY a shot on the window trim, it's not too tough and you'll only be out a couple hours and $20 if it doesn't work out. https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-g-sedans.html
Old 10-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Mattyem
Registered Member

Looks like I'll be trying it thanks guys and good luck on your wraps!!ðŸ‘
Old 10-27-2016, 02:02 PM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
How much does it cost to typically wrap an entire car?
Old 10-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Mattyem
Registered Member

$2000+ pretty pricey
Old 10-27-2016, 02:26 PM
steven92

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
What is the expected useful life of vinyl wrap under the typical weather elements found in California? Does it fade?
Old 10-27-2016, 05:08 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

Originally Posted by steven92
What is the expected useful life of vinyl wrap under the typical weather elements found in California? Does it fade?
Furthermore, can you wax the wrap to protect it from the sun?
Old 10-27-2016, 05:49 PM
Mattyem
Registered Member

I have no idea fellas haha
Old 10-27-2016, 07:59 PM
C1Forged
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Chiming in here, as I've worked and ran a vinyl company for 2-3 years in Southern California, and own my own side business outside of my main employer [reason why I'm on the forums].

First off, depending on the wrap shop in question, unless they're commercial they more than likely perform a disassembly of the parts being wrapped. Therefore, the grill doesn't look like a big piece, however the labor and liability of removing a front bumper in order to remove the grill is cause for the price. Not to mention the amount of angles, in combination with the small size of the pieces [mainly emblem] makes it difficult as the wrap has very little area to grab a hold of, and has to be stretched.

As for me, If I were to quote an infiniti my price would be around 450-500. Sides would be roughly $125 per side due to the amount of wasted vinyl used due to the one piece nature of the chrome preventing me from cutting strips. Then there's the labor and difficulty issue of the grill. This is why I usually recommend my customers to simply dip their trim as its simply not cost effective.

As for the vinyl and wax, as long as its not a matte vinyl you're free to wax, and treat it as you normally would paint, aside from high speed/friction buffing. And I personally encourage customers to wax their wrap so that it stays in good shape all year. I even recommend ceramic coating for those who want extra protection from the elements.

- Justin
Old 10-27-2016, 08:03 PM
Mattyem
Registered Member

Originally Posted by C1Forged
Chiming in here, as I've worked and ran a vinyl company for 2-3 years in Southern California, and own my own side business outside of my main employer [reason why I'm on the forums].

First off, depending on the wrap shop in question, unless they're commercial they more than likely perform a disassembly of the parts being wrapped. Therefore, the grill doesn't look like a big piece, however the labor and liability of removing a front bumper in order to remove the grill is cause for the price. Not to mention the amount of angles, in combination with the small size of the pieces [mainly emblem] makes it difficult as the wrap has very little area to grab a hold of, and has to be stretched.

As for me, If I were to quote an infiniti my price would be around 450-500. Sides would be roughly $125 per side due to the amount of wasted vinyl used due to the one piece nature of the chrome preventing me from cutting strips. Then there's the labor and difficulty issue of the grill. This is why I usually recommend my customers to simply dip their trim as its simply not cost effective.

As for the vinyl and wax, as long as its not a matte vinyl you're free to wax, and treat it as you normally would paint, aside from high speed/friction buffing. And I personally encourage customers to wax their wrap so that it stays in good shape all year. I even recommend ceramic coating for those who want extra protection from the elements.

- Justin
I'm paying $300 to get the window trim and grill auto flexed (gloss plastidip)
Now do you have experience with this stuff?
Old 10-27-2016, 08:05 PM
C1Forged
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattyem
I'm paying $300 to get the window trim and grill auto flexed (gloss plastidip)
Now do you have experience with this stuff?
Dip has gotten much better over the years since it was first introduced into the market. As long as the shop thats doing it does it profesionally [paint gun, prep, masking, etc.] and its not rattle canned, it will hold up just as good, and look just as good as paint. However, if they installer goes cheap, it will look like **** and wont last more than 1-2 years.

Cant exactly say what the possible longevity of it is, but should be similar to the 4-5 years of wrap on average if done right.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:41 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattyem
All the other places were quoting 400-700 for the windows and grill. It just doesn't seem like it should be that much.
Sheesh, might as well get them painted for that much.

Quick Reply: Vinyl wrap prices these days?