Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Getting a full paint correction/detail

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 10:13 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Getting a full paint correction/detail

I'm dropping my car off Sunday night for a full paint correction and detail. They are also going to de-badge the rear emblems, remove the sunroof visor and buff the headlights and tail lights. I've asked for as many pictures as he can possibly stand to take haha. Is there anything I should request, ask or make aware before dropping it off? I can build a motor to spec from the pan up but anything more than a driveway hand wash is over my head for detailing lol. I'll definitely post a ton of the before and after pictures in the right place afterwards.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 04-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
As long as you're using a trusted professional, you should be all set.

I see you are in Missouri... I am originally from St. Louis... if you're around the area, may I ask who you'll be taking it to?

-Zach
Old 04-21-2016, 01:37 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Well if it were me if like to know their process and what types of chemicals they use and how aggressive they go. Nissan paint is thinner side so id make sure the cut isnt too much.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:47 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

All OEM paint is extremely thin... hence the reason I mentioned using a trusted professional.

Anyone who specializes in paint correction should know the golden rule: Always use the least aggressive method.

Preserving clear coat thickness is an important part of making sure your car looks good for a very long time.

Clear Coat Preservation: Are You Polishing Too Often? by Zach McGovern

-Zach
Old 04-21-2016, 02:18 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Detailed Image
All OEM paint is extremely thin... hence the reason I mentioned using a trusted professional.

Anyone who specializes in paint correction should know the golden rule: Always use the least aggressive method.

Preserving clear coat thickness is an important part of making sure your car looks good for a very long time.

Clear Coat Preservation: Are You Polishing Too Often? by Zach McGovern

-Zach
Thank you!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Kris9884

I'm taking it to a buddy Mason Polaski at Cambridge Motorsports in Springfield MO. His FB page shows a newly detailed car all the time and wow, some of those before and after pictures look like they were straight out of a junk yard only to appear in showroom quality after. He's pretty much the go-to guy for detailing in Springfield.

Here's his most recent:

Last edited by Kris9884; 04-21-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:45 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

If your buddy does good work, then sounds like a good plan for you.

I also have a friend in Springfield who is known throughout the nation as being an elite detailer who specializes specifically in paint correction and nano coating work. His name is Jeremy and he is the owner of Status Auto Detailing. If you need another option, check him out.

-Zach
The following users liked this post:
Kris9884 (04-21-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Kris9884

I also have a friend in Springfield who is known throughout the nation as being an elite detailer who specializes specifically in paint correction and nano coating work. His name is Jeremy and he is the owner of Status Auto Detailing. If you need another option, check him out.

-Zach
Ah yeah thanks, heard of them too but they are like THEE best, far too rich for my daily driver just to get rained on next week lol.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:05 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Keep in mind the point of a proper detail is as much in the long term results as it is in the immediate results. An elite detail & nano coating paired with proper maintenance practices will help to keep your car looking great for years... not just days.

-Zach
kennyz424 (04-22-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 03:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Kris9884
I'm dropping my car off Sunday night for a full paint correction and detail. They are also going to de-badge the rear emblems, remove the sunroof visor and buff the headlights and tail lights. I've asked for as many pictures as he can possibly stand to take haha. Is there anything I should request, ask or make aware before dropping it off? I can build a motor to spec from the pan up but anything more than a driveway hand wash is over my head for detailing lol. I'll definitely post a ton of the before and after pictures in the right place afterwards.

Thanks in advance guys!
Definitely post before/after photos.

Keep in mind the point of a proper detail is as much in the long term results as it is in the immediate results. An elite detail & nano coating paired with proper maintenance practices will help to keep your car looking great for years... not just days.

-Zach
Got any recommendations in the Houston area?
Old 04-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Kris9884

-Zach
True.

I sent him a quote request so depending on how fast he gets back to me and his rates on the similar job, I may go this route instead. From some local hot rod guys, they've said they need the car for several days and its upwards and over $1k.. I fully understand and respect the amount of hours of very hard and tedious labor it takes to do this sort of thing but for a cheaper daily driver car I just cant justify that. Can only polish a turd so much
Old 04-21-2016, 05:45 PM
Kris9884

-Zach

He replied VERY quickly with an in depth review of what the job would entail and his quote. As we agree he is probably the best around for major detail jobs and will absolutely use him later down the road after I get the bumper and sides replaced and painted. His rate was just about what I expected, very fair for the amount of work being done. Thanks for the tip!
Old 04-21-2016, 10:44 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Definitely post before/after photos.

Got any recommendations in the Houston area?
Yes... you have a selection of some of the world's best detailers in the Houston area!

Here are some guys I know personally and would highly recommend any of them.

Clarity Auto Detailing
Curtis Sullivan
314-809-0347
claritydetailing@gmail.com

Premier Detailing
Jonathan Arrecis
832-499-2696
Premieradtx@gmail.com

Vivė
Anson Lau
832-613-8807
anson@vive-houston.com

Cavallo Auto Salon
Jason Cavallo
832-876-8140
jason@cavalloautosalon.com

Originally Posted by Kris9884
He replied VERY quickly with an in depth review of what the job would entail and his quote. As we agree he is probably the best around for major detail jobs and will absolutely use him later down the road after I get the bumper and sides replaced and painted. His rate was just about what I expected, very fair for the amount of work being done. Thanks for the tip!
Glad you were able to touch base with Jeremy... great guy, and stellar detailer. Elite detailing is another league compared to traditional detailing. Glad you can see the hard work and pride that goes into the work guys like Jeremy do.
kennyz424 (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 01:30 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Any recommendations in Northern NJ Detailed Image? I figured it might be a long shot but worth asking. Also keep in mind I have a fully satin black vinyl wrapped exterior as well as a 3m brushed black aluminum interior. Thank you so much.

**EDIT**
JUST realized you're in Albany NY lol still about 3 hrs away though.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Yes... you have a selection of some of the world's best detailers in the Houston area!

Here are some guys I know personally and would highly recommend any of them.

Clarity Auto Detailing
Curtis Sullivan
314-809-0347
claritydetailing@gmail.com

Premier Detailing
Jonathan Arrecis
832-499-2696
Premieradtx@gmail.com

Vivė
Anson Lau
832-613-8807
anson@vive-houston.com

Cavallo Auto Salon
Jason Cavallo
832-876-8140
jason@cavalloautosalon.com

Glad you were able to touch base with Jeremy... great guy, and stellar detailer. Elite detailing is another league compared to traditional detailing. Glad you can see the hard work and pride that goes into the work guys like Jeremy do.
Thanks. I used Vive before. I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with the results of the paint correction I got. I drove all the way across Houston, left the car overnight, and the results were not as good as what I have done myself. I'm pretty good, but I was hoping that a professional charging a premium professional price would do better than I could do myself. Nope, I did a better job than they did. I may give some of the others a try becasue I don't have the time these days to spend on doing it.

Quick Reply: Getting a full paint correction/detail