Car Care & Detailing Reviews of car care products. DO NOT USE THIS SUBFORUM TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS.

Liquid-Glass

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 01:10 AM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by monytx
Very nice job man, what's your suspension setup? What spacers to be exact?
Eibach springs
Spacers F20mm / R15mm
F/R SPC camber kits

Thanks
Old 10-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Ali G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gio37
I've been wanting to detail my G so I decided to give Liquid-Glass a try.
To make sure my G was clean before applying the LG I first washed, Clay-bar and purchase a Dr.ColorChip kit to make any repairs on the front bumper/hood.

Applying/removing the LG was pretty easy and Im waiting 4 hrs before applying a second coat.
Im pretty pleased with the results so far.

My G

looks good
Old 10-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ali G
looks good
thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 01:54 AM
homer626

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! I have to try this
Old 12-12-2014, 09:57 PM
South3rn

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think this looks like good value. I'm old. I don't want to do the full Zaino treatment ever again. (Hey it works...but 3-4-5 coats? No more.)

LG looks like "Wax on, wax off".
That's what I want. 90% of the good look with 10% of the effort.

I'm gonna order that.

Anybody use the pre-cleaner from the same folks?
Old 12-15-2014, 04:20 PM
GAWD

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by South3rn
Anybody use the pre-cleaner from the same folks?
I have and didn't think much of it. Can't say that it made the application of LG any better, easier, smoother, or anything. Came free with purchase, otherwise I'd consider it a waste of money. I believe Dawn dish soap does an adequate job of stripping off existing wax, gunk, grease, residue, etc. If your finish isn't severely neglected I'd pass on it.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:37 PM
SlammedG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's crazy
Old 12-19-2014, 09:00 PM
cdmuile

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks beautiful!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:38 AM
Awakence
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looked at what they had and have you ever tried "Liquid Glass Legend"?
Old 01-20-2015, 01:08 PM
petemo94
Registered Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Gio37
This is stuff cures hard and once LG is applied & cured, there is nothing else needed.
So I'm a big fan of LG but keep in mind it offers no protection. You'll need to apply a wax or sealant on top of it.

I'd recommend Collinite 845 to cover the LG to give it a hard and protective shell to it.

Nice pictures by the way. I just picked up a 2011 Shadow Graphite G37 Coupe. Cant wait for warmer weather to wash, clay, LG and then 2 layers of Collinite on it.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:51 PM
PanzMan
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by petemo94
So I'm a big fan of LG but keep in mind it offers no protection. You'll need to apply a wax or sealant on top of it.

I'd recommend Collinite 845 to cover the LG to give it a hard and protective shell to it.

Nice pictures by the way. I just picked up a 2011 Shadow Graphite G37 Coupe. Cant wait for warmer weather to wash, clay, LG and then 2 layers of Collinite on it.
I do not believe the statement about protection is accurate. I was a fan of LG prior to switching to Zaino. Below is an excerpt direct from the manufacturers site:

It’s key ingredient is crystal clear carbon, the same element found in diamonds. Once air cured, the Liquid Glass finish is as hard as glass and will never crack, chip, peel, or yellow, and is safe for use on today’s clearcoat finishes, as well as other non-porous surfaces, including all painted surfaces, brass, aluminum, chrome, stainless steel, and glass. Provides excellent protection against acid rain, tar, sap, rust, road salt, corrosion, dulling, bird droppings, bugs, tree branch scratches, and just about anything else nature can throw at your vehicle. Plus, it retards oxidation of painted metal and fiberglass.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:03 PM
petemo94
Registered Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by PanzMan
I do not believe the statement about protection is accurate. I was a fan of LG prior to switching to Zaino. Below is an excerpt direct from the manufacturers site:

It’s key ingredient is crystal clear carbon, the same element found in diamonds. Once air cured, the Liquid Glass finish is as hard as glass and will never crack, chip, peel, or yellow, and is safe for use on today’s clearcoat finishes, as well as other non-porous surfaces, including all painted surfaces, brass, aluminum, chrome, stainless steel, and glass. Provides excellent protection against acid rain, tar, sap, rust, road salt, corrosion, dulling, bird droppings, bugs, tree branch scratches, and just about anything else nature can throw at your vehicle. Plus, it retards oxidation of painted metal and fiberglass.
Well I stand corrected. I did notice a comparison between LG and Collinite showed that Collinite protected the paint better than LG over a series of washes. But maybe at the molecular level, things are different. But from my non-scientific method (treating small section of paint), things appeared different between the products.

I guess I'm paranoid about marketing claims so I've always topped LG with carnuba wax.

Regardless, LG is an impressive polish to bring out the color in any non-white cars. Love the stuff.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:24 PM
DYT-350Z

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow! Looks like showroom floor quality. Definitely picking up some of that LG asap.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:44 AM
smakfactor1

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Did it to my car over the weekend. Can confirm, awesome product. I washed/clayed it first, then two coats of LG. Mirror finish.

My only complaint would be that it makes any inperfections you didn't know you had stand out a lot. There were a couple of scratches I'd never seen before.

Regardless, buy this. Use it.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by smakfactor1
Did it to my car over the weekend. Can confirm, awesome product. I washed/clayed it first, then two coats of LG. Mirror finish.

My only complaint would be that it makes any inperfections you didn't know you had stand out a lot. There were a couple of scratches I'd never seen before.

Regardless, buy this. Use it.
Yeup, I purchased a Dr. Colorchip kit for minor touch ups.
Washed, clay-bar, touch-ups and followed up with a couple of coats of LG ( about 4 hrs between coats)

Quick Reply: Liquid-Glass