Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Maintenance Washing

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Maintenance Washing

At Detailed Image we take pride in our relationship with many top notch detailers and are happy to share their knowledge on our Ask-A-Pro Blog. "My wash process for maintenance washings" by Eric Schuster of Envious Detailing is a brand new article that highlights a great eight step process for a simple wash that will leave your car with a great clean finish! Check out our preview below.

My wash process for maintenance washings (Preview)
Step one: Pre-rinse the car with a sharp stream of water via pressure washer or hose and nozzle. This will loosen and flush away the lighter dirt and debris from the paint, wheels, tires, glass, etc. if at this time you would like to apply shampoo to the car to start the breakdown process, use a foam gun and coat the entire car. If it’s a hot day, only coat the half of the car you will be working on first, then the second half. Don’t let the soap dry on the car.

Step two: Wash car with shampoo
Using a chenille mitt, sheepskin mitt, soft sponge, etc, begin at the top of the car and work your way around. I like to break the car into sections such as the following: 1 – half the roof, half the windshield and rear window, drivers windows front and rear, then re-soap after rinsing mitt out in water only bucket. 2 – drivers front and rear doors, rinse. 3 – half the hood and drivers fender, rinse. 4 – passenger half hood and fender, rinse. 5 – passenger half roof, windshield, rear window, front and rear side windows, rinse. 6 – passenger front and rear door, rinse. 7 – rear trunk lid and truck vertical, rinse. 8 – rear bumper, rinse. 9 – front bumper, rinse. 10 – both side skirts and behind wheels, rinse. (To continue reading, check out this article (My wash process for maintenance washings) on the Ask-A-Pro Blog)

If you enjoy this article you may want to check out these as well:
How To Properly Wash and Dry a Car
How to Safely Wash Your Car in the Winter
Winter Washing with Optimum No Rinse (ONR)

If you have any questions or need any recommendations please do not hesitate to ask!

Greg @ DI
Old 01-20-2012, 12:40 PM
kchu221
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
great write up! thank you!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Mad Nash G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gigs! Just made an order due to this.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by kchu221
great write up! thank you!
Originally Posted by Mad Nash G
gigs! Just made an order due to this.
Glad the article was helpful and thank you for the support! As always if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Greg @ DI