Canada Serving Canada.

AutoKits X Looks to be Ripping Me Off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 AM
The Saint
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Presto
so he sent you a cheque then later said he would send you a paypal transfer? this looks like a textbook con to me. just buying time with various poor excuses. It would take 30 seconds for a paypal transfer. Sending something in the mail from one continent to another takes less than 30 days.
Yeah well I'm hoping that's not the case and as a legit business they will stand by there word. I'd hate for this to blow out of proportion as all I want is my money back.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:23 PM
The Saint
Registered Member

Soooooooo........... Alex at AutoKits has disappeared on me again and I still have not been refunded my money.

If anyone has anyway of helping me out on this I would really really appreciate it. As I've said numerous times I just want to be refunded my money. My next step is to see what legal actions I can take. That's not the road I want to go down but Alex isn't leaving me any choice.
So again if anyone can help me out before I have to take further action I would appreciate it.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:45 PM
lostOne
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you pay with a credit card? Can't you dispute it with your CC company?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:16 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
It's sad to hear about issues faced by members here with certain companies who are or were vendors on this forum. I think the mods should have a sticky (or is it there already) on vendors to avoid. Auto kits and outkast garage certainly need to be on that list.

Hope you get your money back soon
Old 07-10-2018, 04:41 AM
37IPL

I wish I saw this post before...never had a company deceive about a product before and I have even ordered body kits straight from Malaysia....

I ordered the G37 carbon fiber hood with autokits X. It was the only good looking g37 hood I have ever seen. After the hood was going to further customize from there. Almost bought their diffusor as well because it looks good. They have great looking products but company is a BUST.

I put a $500 deposit down on it in December 2017. They told me they were producing the hoods and should be ready by March 2018. I email and call all the time and get a response 1 out of 10 times if that. June 2018 came around and there was still no hood. So I asked for a refund because, **** I ain't rich if you can't produce a product in 6 months give me my money back. They said my refund would be processed and I would receive it in 5-7 business days. That was now a month ago...

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do... any new feedback on company ?

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do besides infiniti hounding?
Old 07-10-2018, 09:39 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by 37IPL
I wish I saw this post before...never had a company deceive about a product before and I have even ordered body kits straight from Malaysia....

I ordered the G37 carbon fiber hood with autokits X. It was the only good looking g37 hood I have ever seen. After the hood was going to further customize from there. Almost bought their diffusor as well because it looks good. They have great looking products but company is a BUST.

I put a $500 deposit down on it in December 2017. They told me they were producing the hoods and should be ready by March 2018. I email and call all the time and get a response 1 out of 10 times if that. June 2018 came around and there was still no hood. So I asked for a refund because, **** I ain't rich if you can't produce a product in 6 months give me my money back. They said my refund would be processed and I would receive it in 5-7 business days. That was now a month ago...

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do... any new feedback on company ?

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do besides infiniti hounding?
If you paid by credit card call the credit card company and tell them to reverse the charge.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:44 AM
37IPL

Ya they didnt have that option I dont think at time. Had to pay with a direct deposit from bank or money order. So no way to cancel or reverse or file a claim i dont think =(
Old 07-10-2018, 11:29 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
You should be able to contact your bank, explain the timeline and situation and get a refund through them. You may need to have all related paperwork.

Word of advice, if a company like that does not take a major credit card and I am unfamiliar, I don't order from them. Your CC company (Visa, MC and some others) offer a measure of buyer protection