Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Thoughts please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 10:08 AM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Thoughts please.

I finally found a vehicle I like, is in not too far of a drive away, and that I think I can get the payments worked out nicely on. 2012 G37xS

The biggest downside I'm seeing is the comparison of retail value per KBB, NADA, and the loan value I was shown ($16,375).

I'd love to have a G and I'd love for it to be this one, but I'd prefer not to get shafted. So what do you guys think?

Ps, let me know if the links to KBB and NADA don't work and I'll post screenshots instead. Thanks!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:00 AM
i heart ricers
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by RxRyanM
I finally found a vehicle I like, is in not too far of a drive away, and that I think I can get the payments worked out nicely on. 2012 G37xS

The biggest downside I'm seeing is the comparison of retail value per KBB, NADA, and the loan value I was shown ($16,375).

I'd love to have a G and I'd love for it to be this one, but I'd prefer not to get shafted. So what do you guys think?

Ps, let me know if the links to KBB and NADA don't work and I'll post screenshots instead. Thanks!
heh?

loan value? what are you asking us?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:51 AM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Loan value - how much my bank can loan on the vehicle.

Question is what do you think about the vehicle - good price, could I do better, etc.?
Old 07-02-2015, 12:00 PM
i heart ricers
Banned

Loan value - how much my bank can loan on the vehicle.

Question is what do you think about the vehicle - good price, could I do better, etc.?
the bank told you they r only goin to give you 16k for a 21k car

wow you either hav bad credit or a bad bank
Old 07-02-2015, 08:23 PM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by i heart ricers
the bank told you they r only goin to give you 16k for a 21k car

wow you either hav bad credit or a bad bank
I'm not asking you to critique my bank nor my credit (which is fairly decent for where I am in life); I'm asking if the car is a good deal as it stands or if I should press to negotiate a little more.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Awgd8

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Pm sent!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:56 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
They are asking $21,277. If you were buying from a private seller KBB says you should be paying $19,800. Why don't you try to get it for $20K even? I think that would be an acceptable deal. Actually offer them 19K and let them think about it. If they say no immediately tell them thats the best you can do. Walk out and Ask them to get back to you if they change their minds.

They are going to make a profit on this sale regardless. So you might as well have some fun negotiating with them. If they just won't go down on the price you should ask if they will throw in an extended warranty and/or pay your sales tax.

Truth is your probably capable of finding on for the same price with less mileage. Just depends on how long you've been searching and if your in need of a car immediately. Are you? Did you get the $16,000 loan ofer thru your bank? If you don't need the dealership to help you finance your car then I bet you can get the dealership to beat the interest rate your other lender is offering. It's always worked out that way for me. The $ they make on the interest alone is enough motivation to go down on the asking price.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:02 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
.. So what do you guys think?
!
I think you can't afford the car and are going over your head in debt if you buy it.
Any used vehicle involves risk!
Do you have a reserve in case of unforeseen or surprise repairs?
Are you planning to have it thoroughly checked out, inspected by an Infiniti dealer and have them run the VIN number for you and provide you with a vehicle history?

Just my $.02

Good luck

Telcoman
Old 07-06-2015, 08:19 AM
i heart ricers
Banned

I'm not asking you to critique my bank nor my credit (which is fairly decent for where I am in life); I'm asking if the car is a good deal as it stands or if I should press to negotiate a little more.
sure lowball the hell out of it so you can afford it