Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Did I get a good deal on my q60 lease?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:50 AM
alexy626

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did I get a good deal on my q60 lease?

I just got myself a moonlight white q60 awd with sport package premium (with Navi and everything). I just want know If I got a good deal.

MSRP a little over $50,000
$0 down
Taxes in the payment
$700 bank fee upfront
$393 a month

I also have a G37xs sedan and the difference in the drive is amazing thanks to the sport package, so I'm very happy with the car
Old 04-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Name:  buyingandleasing_zps4b5f74bf.png
Views: 44
Size:  18.4 KB
Old 04-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by alexy626
I just got myself a moonlight white q60 awd with sport package premium (with Navi and everything). I just want know If I got a good deal.

$0 down
Taxes in the payment
$700 bank fee upfront
$393 a month

I also have a G37xs sedan and the difference in the drive is amazing thanks to the sport package, so I'm very happy with the car
"Did I get a good deal" is perception. I sell cars, I've sold them over sticker and have the customers love me, I've sold them at a $1,000.00 blow and the customers think I'm the biggest scum bag and ripped them off, so IMO if you can afford it and you think it's a good deal it is.

IMO, I do think that is a good deal, but I do not sell Infiniti's so I do not know for sure, but to me that's a great deal!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:42 AM
BostonKiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds good to me
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Varjo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Vance67
"Did I get a good deal" is perception. I sell cars, I've sold them over sticker and have the customers love me, I've sold them at a $1,000.00 blow and the customers think I'm the biggest scum bag and ripped them off, so IMO if you can afford it and you think it's a good deal it is.

IMO, I do think that is a good deal, but I do not sell Infiniti's so I do not know for sure, but to me that's a great deal!
This is such a deluded piece of BS. "Good deal" isn't subjective; if you're paying above market value for a product, it's a bad deal. If you're paying below it's a good deal. Just because you sold 1000 over MSRP to someone and they love you (and/or are wealthy enough not to care) doesn't mean they got a good deal; it just means getting a good deal isn't important to them (other things are, such as customer service).

Anyway, OP, I think that's a pretty nice lease deal! The only issue is total price is high, so an end of lease buyout doesn't look like the best option.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Jack10525
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

$0 down
Taxes in the payment
$700 bank fee upfront
$393 a month

There is no good deal on a lease. They are all scams and make the dealer/salesman too much money. You got screwed!
The following users liked this post:
telcoman (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 03:56 PM
ry0t05

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$0 down
Taxes in the payment
$700 bank fee upfront
$393 a month

How the hell are you guys getting those deals?

I just was quoted for a Q60, AWD, sport/navi/prem, MSRP a little over $50,000, $0 down, taxes in payment, nothing upfront, tier 1 money factor of .00003 (which she said equated to .07 interest rate), 12k miles / yr, 39 mo, $489/mo.. and they seem to think that's the lowest it can possibly be??!

I've never leased, so I'm kind of a noob here. I read the sticky and a few threads and did some research online, but IDK what to do to get that payment down any further. Any ideas on where I'm going wrong?
Old 05-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Vance67

Originally Posted by Varjo
This is such a deluded piece of BS. "Good deal" isn't subjective; if you're paying above market value for a product, it's a bad deal. If you're paying below it's a good deal. Just because you sold 1000 over MSRP to someone and they love you (and/or are wealthy enough not to care) doesn't mean they got a good deal; it just means getting a good deal isn't important to them (other things are, such as customer service).

Anyway, OP, I think that's a pretty nice lease deal! The only issue is total price is high, so an end of lease buyout doesn't look like the best option.
It's not BS. Some peoples definition, most likely like you, is paying invoice or under on a car they want.

Others, it is just having an affordable payment on a car they want and don't care about the bottom line as long as it fits their monthly budget parameters.

I do about 12-18 car deals a month, so I see all types of customers, from the above mentioned to everything in between. Do you deal with car sales on a daily basis, see these customers and actually see proof that it is subjective...or are you just going off of what you think a good deal is and your car buying experience which is probably every 3 years at the earliest.

I didn't think like this before I was in the car business. I thought a good deal was invoice or under, but now that I have collectively sold over 100 cars since I've been here in my 13 months, I now understand there are many definitions of good deals.

I've even seen customers who don't care what the car cost, they just want a certain amount for the trade and if they get that, they will make the bottom line and monthly payments work, so that was a good deal to that person.

I had a customer knowingly pay over sticker for a 370Z because we were going to order exactly what he wanted, he thought he got a good deal and was very happy with it and offered to pay over sticker if we ordered what he wanted. Did he have to for us to order it, no but that's what he thought was a good deal. Side note, in Massachusetts, hardly any 370Z are kept on lots due to our climates, not a big seller in the Northeast.

I have a lot of other examples of customers who thought they got good deals, not what I think is a good deal, but what they think. Again, like you most likely, I think a good deal is invoice or under, but it's subjective

Last edited by Vance67; 05-13-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
I am going to have to agree that quantifying a deal is subjective. A deal is an agreement entered into by two or more parties for their mutual benefit. Measuring this mutual benefit as good or bad depends on how each party is looking to benefit.

Varjo, you are describing one scenario of a good deal where money is the main factor of benefit. I think most of us are under the impression that when someone asks if they got a good deal and only tell you about the money spent, we are assuming that was their primary criteria.

Vance, you explained many other possibilities that mostly center around customer service and the buying experience as the main factor for measuring benefit.

There are many people who would knowingly pay more for a car to have a better buying experience, but there are also people who would buy a car from the devil if they could save a buck or two.
The following users liked this post:
Vance67 (05-13-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Vance67

Originally Posted by Ryne
I am going to have to agree that it is subjective. A deal is an agreement entered into by two or more parties for their mutual benefit. Measuring this mutual benefit as good or bad depends on how each party is looking to benefit.

Varjo, you are describing one scenario of a good deal where money is the main factor of benefit. I think most of us are under the impression that when someone asks if they got a good deal and only tell you about the money spent, we are assuming that was their primary criteria.

Vance, you explained many other possibilities that mostly center around customer service and the buying experience as the main factor for measuring benefit.

There are many people who would knowingly pay more for a car to have a better buying experience, but there are also people who would buy a car from the devil if they could save a buck or two.
LOL, "... but there are also people who would buy a car from the devil if they could save a buck or two." That is awesome and very true.

Actually everything you said is very true. It is the customer service aspect. one last example, I had this 29 year old buy a Rogue select from me. He said he liked me so much and hated the car buying process so much that whatever numbers I came back with under $450 a month he would do because it was affordable and he wanted me to make money. Not every customer is like this...actually this is the only one I have had like this, but in the end, he thought and did get a good deal. He was a good guy, so got him to 339mo with just first payment.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:52 PM
DaCePtak0n

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dope deal. I was offered something around $419/36 months on Q60 IPL Coupe wth 1500 down for 10k/year