Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

Buying a new G37. Should I wait?

Old 09-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by princess
I just might get that car depending if they are willing to work with me. They don't seem like nice people from when I went. But then again, they are carsalesmen. How was your experience negative? Care to share? Lol goonz you leased it and hooked up the car? You don't want to buy it?
yea just intake and exhaust, all of which can be taken off in a day..got to mod something
Old 09-05-2011, 09:57 PM
princess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha goonz, i think will purchase the 2011 white one at Englewood since I will like to mod the lights as well by 180 customs. I think I'm pretty close to buying it. I'm going to visit the dealership on Saturday, see what they can give me on the trade in.

Last time, I went in, they gave me 19,000 despite the scratch on the hood and the marks on the car. But this time, I'm going to bring in the car, everything will be fixed.

Unfortunately, I did get into another accident. It wasn't my fault, this car is bad luck! Every accident that occurred in this car wasn't my fault. Are there any benefits to trading it in vs actually selling it? This guy i offering me 19,000 for my car now but I feel like I can get more because the car looks new now.

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport, $22,000 - Cars.com

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate your help in
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 AM
gooddeal

IMO, a repaint car is worth less than a car w/o repaint even if it looks sparkling new.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
did you get it?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:45 PM
princess

A little update: So I went in to the Englewood Infiniti yesterday and tried to see if I can get the G37S for 43k out the door. They said they couldn't do it. They couldn't give me the number that I was looking for with my car's trade in. Long story short, they weren't willing to work with me despite how the 2012s were coming this month.

I was bored afterwards and went in to a BMW dealership with someone that I knew working there. Turns out, the 2012 3 series are coming out in a month or so. She gave me a quote on all the options that I want on a 335i xdrive, and it came out to be 6,000 less than MSRP as on the BMW website for a 2011 version. I saw her apply a 2,500 discount when she put in my options . The total with everything that I wanted was around 58,000 plus taxes and fees around 60k. I have a trade-in, which they appraised for 17,500 but would save around 1,700 in taxes. Which means, it would be like selling the car on my own but without all the hassle.

Anyways, she gave me a price of 53k out the door. I'm very tempted and would most likely sign the deal next week. The only pain that comes next is the 2 month wait period =/.

I was really close to getting the G37s but if it's for 48,000 out the door then I might as well drop 5,000 more for a beamer, since the car salesmen there were ******. That's how I saw it.

But if I get it, I will get the metallic blue with red seats - superman colors FTW! I wanted the white with red seats but that's way played out.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
AllentownG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I apologize Princess, I forgot to check back on this thread. Long story short, I had a similar experience as this guy:

Originally Posted by peegu
Bought my vert last summer. Shopped around with dealers both in jersey and manhattan.

I had very pleasant experience with infiniti of edison, but eventually went with infiniti of manhattan due to lower final OTD price.

But I do want to mention a big NO NO to infiniti of englewood. Long story short, I didn't want to spend time going back and forth on pricing, so I gave them a lowest price (in NJ/Manhattan region) I saw on truecar.com, and told them that I'd buy it from them if they could match it. Well, first of all, they didn't know what truecar.com was, then for no good reason, the sales manager actually made me prove the price to them on their computer, and at the end yelled at me in the showroom in front all others and customers:

"This guy cannot afford this car, let's find him a cheaper one..."

Of course, that was the last straw. I feel bad for the nice sales rep that was helping me out, I meant there was nothing he could do, since that a**hole manager was his boss. Just can't believe how could he be the sales manager.

And at end, that nice sales rep called me back day after offering me a price they could do, but I didn't go with it.
(Link)

While my issue wasn't that I couldn't afford the car, I was not impressed with the sales folks there. Stating that they were rude would be putting it mildly. From when I found the car on the internet to when I actually saw it in person, the 'sticker price' changed three times. During negotiations, when I questioned them about the price, they basically told me I was incompetent and a liar, even after I presented them with info on other semi-local, aggressively priced G37x Coupes. Finally, I didn't find out until after driving 2 hours to see the car that it was damaged (10" curb-rash along the left front fender) and that if I wanted to have it repaired, I would be responsible for the costs, unless I was willing to pay their 'sticker' price (And yes, I did ask them if the car was damaged before traveling up there.) So that's the semi-short version of my experiences with Infinity of Englewood. Needless to say, I won't be endorsing them anytime soon.

Best of luck with everything. I'm sure you'll be thrilled with whatever you choose; BMW or G37.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Dang that dealership sounds terrible losing business left and right.