Build Threads

"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black

Old 02-20-2017, 08:08 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,565 Likes on 3,422 Posts
OMG, that noise in that second video! The Meisterschaft exhaust on the G is certainly a unique thing. Where most exhausts mods on these cars lean either towards rice or muscle, the Meisterschaft is its own brutal path.

You're going to have to learn how to restrain yourself in public, and not call attention to your car. Save those full-throttle screams for the on-ramps and back roads.

Wow. Makes my exhaust seem tame in comparison.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
OMG, that noise in that second video! The Meisterschaft exhaust on the G is certainly a unique thing. Where most exhausts mods on these cars lean either towards rice or muscle, the Meisterschaft is its own brutal path.

You're going to have to learn how to restrain yourself in public, and not call attention to your car. Save those full-throttle screams for the on-ramps and back roads.

Wow. Makes my exhaust seem tame in comparison.
I swear there is no other way of explaining the true tone then exotic. Seriously the videos dont capture the pure clean tone this thing spits out. and sorry but "tame" is an under statement in comparison to FI.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
I swear there is no other way of explaining the true tone then exotic. Seriously the videos dont capture the pure clean tone this thing spits out. and sorry but "tame" is an under statement in comparison to FI.
No apologies necessary. I prefer a deeper, modulated sound, rather than chaos and violence. It's exactly what I was going for. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate what you've got there. It's jaw-dropping.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

I was in that boat too with the deeper, throatier tone. Somewhere I decided to take the highway to hell with this exhaust. *queue in AC/DC"
Old 02-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Have you looked at getting a dipstick metal cover like Rochester has? Would tie in nicely with the new engine cover I think.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Epiphany
Have you looked at getting a dipstick metal cover like Rochester has? Would tie in nicely with the new engine cover I think.
That's ZeeToyz, without the Z. I was trying to get Phase2Motortrend to make one in brushed aluminum and a variety of colors. And a nice brushed aluminum rad overflow cap. They seemed really interested until they weren't anymore, LOL.

You could also take a spray can of Krylon Fusion in Black for Plastics, and spray the yellow out of that dipstick loop. That works, too.

Emblemless grille looks great, BTW. I like how it's matte black on the slats, while Malbec Black on the perimeter. Very nice.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-20-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:46 PM
HBNick
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
might be a dumb question but did you get the Meisterschaft exhaust is Ti or the stainless? Beautiful car BTW. found one in FL but was afraid of flood damage so got the boring gray lol.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
Yea I've already reached out to ZeeToyz before and unfortunately did not have a good experience. This was about 2 years ago so maybe i'll give them another go.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Emblemless grille looks great, BTW. I like how it's matte black on the slats, while Malbec Black on the perimeter. Very nice.
Thanks, its the little things that count to me

Originally Posted by HBNick
might be a dumb question but did you get the Meisterschaft exhaust is Ti or the stainless? Beautiful car BTW. found one in FL but was afraid of flood damage so got the boring gray lol.
Stainless, no way I would fork out $8k+ on an exhaust even if I could afford it. Miami area is notorious for rebuilt titles, just check the car fax because theres alot of money down south and alot of cars are in great shape with clean titles.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:07 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
If mine were 6MT I would love to have that noise!! Being and autotragic I'm probably just going to go for deep grumble/growl. Nothing like a good howl/burble! Sounds good!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:57 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by r2dmax
If mine were 6MT I would love to have that noise!! Being and autotragic I'm probably just going to go for deep grumble/growl. Nothing like a good howl/burble! Sounds good!
Autotragic and thank you. I have decided to go back to stock cats and will be doing so this weekend. If I didnt have kids, I wouldnt change a thing.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I have decided to go back to stock cats and will be doing so this weekend. If I didnt have kids, I wouldnt change a thing.
Come on, don't blame the kiddies. Little ones love riding in loud cars. It's fun. And whenever I pick up one of them at school, often the other kids stop and stare (or listen) when I roll up. My kids will get in the car flushed with all the attention.

"Yeah, that's my Dad's car."

When you go back to stock parts, you're going to regret the power loss. Then again, you might not... butt dyno getting spoofed by all that noise. Are you planning on a pair of resonated cats down the road? That probably means FI's RHFC. Ark's cats would be insane matched up with the Meisterschaft. Awesome, for sure, but nuts.

Your experience isn't unique, Fat Sac. Last year there was a whole crew of 6MT Sedan owners who swapped out the OEM transmission mount for a solid poly aftermarket mount. Wide-eyed elation gave way to annoyance pretty quickly. Hmm... you know what, stay away from that mod, LOL.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-22-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:46 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

I had FI RHFC's on the last ride, they were nice but to answer your question no I am not planning on it. If ever did I would put Art pipes on it and pass out ear plugs.

and yea absolutely no desire in getting any transmission mount after reading through that thread last year.

My next steps will be to get my headlights done after these 370 rims are cleaned up.

I'l be sure to post some vids of the after once cats are off, but I already know the vidoe will never capture the true sound.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:41 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Autotragic and thank you. I have decided to go back to stock cats and will be doing so this weekend. If I didnt have kids, I wouldnt change a thing.
Don't blame it on the kids. Mine loved when I had the exhaust on my Maxima and on my Bimmers.

"You might be getting old if..." LOL!
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Well I have the infamous sun roof leaking drain tubes. Heavy rain storm yesterday and when I came out of work there was a puddle in my passenger side floorboard! Dropped off at dealership this morning and was quoted $560+ tax to fix. Needless to say I picked it up and will be attempting to tackle this bull**** issue on my own first. Extremely upsetting as the car is just over 3 years old and this ****.

On another note I did take several more videos of inside the cabin as requested. 2 of them are with the windows down and 2 are with them up

Old 02-24-2017, 10:32 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Man that GT Haus has a sound of its own. Clean mods all around man!
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (02-24-2017)

Search this Thread