Build Threads

"Scarlett" - 6MT Sedan True Unicorn in Malbec Black

Old 02-16-2017, 07:21 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by IracknBack
thank you so much for proving the front lip fits in the car. I just ordered one today and am picking it up Monday.

gorgeous car man with some really nice parts. I see JAP got some new stuff in stock but they haven't had Hebi's in stock forever so where did you find that one?

Loving it already! definitely subscribed. :-)
Yea just be sure to lean the front seat back pretty far and it fits np. Thank you for the compliments and yes the Hebi I picked up I want to say around last August-ish through JPN. Did you ask Mike or Robbie if they have any left? Of course the new Black **** is schedule to release and that may be an option for you.

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nothing but absolute praise for this special G, everything you've done fits like a glove. Take a bow Daddy you deserve it!
Scarlett might be her first name but Unicorn belongs in there too
Thank you sir! I still have ALOT of plans for 2017 with her. In looking back through these pics, I just came to realize that I need to take some updated pics of the engine bay and car itself as there has been more since those pics were taken.

Hopefully now that were are through done with the holidays, I can start knocking some of these things out.

So not to completely switch subjects....some of you know that my wife also owns a G37 sedan. Hers is just a journey through with the tech package.

My out with all of this has been modding her car VERY slowly but subtle as she doesnt like all the things I do. Right now hers has:

Top Speed CBE
R2C SRI
Ruff Racing 20" rims wrapped in Toyo Proxie T1 Sports (thanks again Brad)
Exterior/interior LED's

These are a little old but all I could find ATM. Yes this is @the track and yes my wife was driving

Name:  20160221_133603_zpszfyks2r4.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  293.5 KB

Name:  20160221_133607_zpsub3pfikj.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  284.4 KB

Wife on left (was her 1st time down by herself and accidentally switched it into manual off the line or at least that was her excuse of why I beat her) mine on the right.

Name:  20160221_181945_zps0rui6ds4.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  581.7 KB

But I just picked these up for her car as I wanted some forged rims with her having the kids more often than I do. Better to be safe than sorry

Just needed some TLC as i'm refinishing them. I have about 5 hours of sanding/prepping so far.

Name:  943DA11E-F275-4BAC-884A-121B979E304C_zps107kaxu4.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  324.1 KB
Old 02-16-2017, 09:20 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Love the color on this car, what finish do you plan on going with the 370z wheels?
Old 02-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
Love the color on this car, what finish do you plan on going with the 370z wheels?
Thank you. Honestly not sure yet, since they are going on the wifes Grey Metallic...I was thinking a lighter gunmetal but then she was saying she likes the oem silver. Although that color is extremely hard to replicate unless powder coating...which i'm not going to do. Was thinking about trying the Hyper Silver from Dupli Color?

Krylon (KRYHSK100)

Whatever it is, it will NOT be black again!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:08 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Thank you. Honestly not sure yet, since they are going on the wifes Grey Metallic...I was thinking a lighter gunmetal but then she was saying she likes the oem silver. Although that color is extremely hard to replicate unless powder coating...which i'm not going to do. Was thinking about trying the Hyper Silver from Dupli Color?

Krylon (KRYHSK100)

Whatever it is, it will NOT be black again!
I recommend Duplicolor's wheel paint line. With the proper prep, I have gotten many compliments on my paint thinking they were powdercoated/painted professionally. They were surprised when I told them it cost $50 and a whole saturday. Grab some 3M Red Scouring pads from Sherwin Williams and that's all you need to strip them.

They have a gunmetal and silver finish with both having a flake. Just be sure to use a few coats of clear coat to get a gloss finish. I actually found PepBoys to have the best pricing on the cans, I think I paid $6 per can? I used 3 cans of color, 2 cans of clear.
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (01-19-2018)
Old 02-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,563 Likes on 3,421 Posts
OMG, this thread is exhausting! I know everything wasn't done at once, but it reads like it, and now I'm out of breath. Man, you're having fun with this car! Good for you, OP.

If you get that STS installed, and come to think it's awkward being lowered into the shift boot like it will be... there are options.

SKYLINE lighted side sills, eh? I kind of like that.

Looking forward to hearing your new exhaust. GTHaus is quite a big purchase.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
I recommend Duplicolor's wheel paint line. With the proper prep, I have gotten many compliments on my paint thinking they were powdercoated/painted professionally. They were surprised when I told them it cost $50 and a whole saturday. Grab some 3M Red Scouring pads from Sherwin Williams and that's all you need to strip them.

They have a gunmetal and silver finish with both having a flake. Just be sure to use a few coats of clear coat to get a gloss finish. I actually found PepBoys to have the best pricing on the cans, I think I paid $6 per can? I used 3 cans of color, 2 cans of clear.
Thanks, yea I've got about 5 hours so far in prepr time and will need some more finer sander, then paint and clear. I will go look for those 3m red scouring pads though.

Originally Posted by Rochester
OMG, this thread is exhausting! I know everything wasn't done at once, but it reads like it, and now I'm out of breath. Man, you're having fun with this car! Good for you, OP.

If you get that STS installed, and come to think it's awkward being lowered into the shift boot like it will be... there are options.

SKYLINE lighted side sills, eh? I kind of like that.

Looking forward to hearing your new exhaust. GTHaus is quite a big purchase.
Yea I bought the car in May, so i've owned her for about 9 months now. I wanted to ensure I captured plenty of pics along the way. So it can be a bit to digest at first but I'd rather see pics then just posts talking about it.

I have actually had a blue collar that is prob about an inch or so long that should help eliminate the drop once this STS is installed. Hopefully within the next month I'll get it in. (Thats what she said) sorry couldn't resist.

Im surprised you like the Skyline plates, they are OEM so everything connects and lined up perfectly. Something alittle different than the norm
Old 02-16-2017, 02:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Yea I bought the car in May, so i've owned her for about 9 months now. I wanted to ensure I captured plenty of pics along the way. So it can be a bit to digest at first but I'd rather see pics then just posts talking about it.
It's a hell of a thing. Very good read, buddy.

Im surprised you like the Skyline plates, they are OEM so everything connects and lined up perfectly. Something a little different than the norm
Pretty sure I'm swapping SKYLINE on my trunk this Spring. Seeing your door sills, I might just put that on the list, too. So thanks for the idea.

I have actually had a blue collar that is prob about an inch or so long that should help eliminate the drop once this STS is installed. Hopefully within the next month I'll get it in. (Thats what she said) sorry couldn't resist.
Good luck with that. You'll discover the collar does absolutely nothing regarding height, after which you'll either compromise, or look for a solution. Here's one:

Old 02-16-2017, 03:32 PM
redsoxfan5
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't post on here too much, but thought I would check in with another Malbec Black 6MT. Mine is pretty much still stock, except for sways and a few minor things like Carsmo ***** and shift ****.

I very much enjoyed reading through both of your build threads - keep up the good work!

The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (01-19-2018)
Old 02-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
man just like you, I was obsessed with my Malbec Black paint when I had it on my sedan. Great color and keep her clean, I'm sure you already get a ton of compliments. The fact that it's a 6-mt, you def. found winner!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by redsoxfan5
I don't post on here too much, but thought I would check in with another Malbec Black 6MT.
And just like that, the OP's unicorn became part of a herd.

Time to change the tread title.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:28 PM
RJ's_G37
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Love the build op i too own a malbec black g and i love the color it gives in the sun..love the goodies you added and the best part is your a bucs fan go bucs!!!!
Old 02-17-2017, 02:10 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

I was thinking the same thing.

But I have to admit, it's one of the best colors. Matter of fact It's my favorite, then Moonlight White
Old 02-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Thanks guys and now there's a total of 3 6mt Malbec sedans....don't think that qualifies as a "heard". Yes 3 total

Last edited by Daddy Fat Sacs; 02-20-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:20 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Good luck with that. You'll discover the collar does absolutely nothing regarding height, after which you'll either compromise, or look for a solution. Here's one:

Yea realizing that more and more now that you point it out.

Originally Posted by Goonz
man just like you, I was obsessed with my Malbec Black paint when I had it on my sedan. Great color and keep her clean, I'm sure you already get a ton of compliments. The fact that it's a 6-mt, you def. found winner!
Thanks you

Originally Posted by RJ's_G37
Love the build op i too own a malbec black g and i love the color it gives in the sun..love the goodies you added and the best part is your a bucs fan go bucs!!!!
Thank you and yes GO Bucs!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Ok so on to the GT Haus exhaust.......got her installed and had quite a few set backs.

So I was planning on taking off the Stillen HFC's and putting the stock cats back on withhope to try and tame the Meisterschaft. Did some prep by spraying the cat bolts for 3 straight days and per USPS, the only section of the exhaust I was missing was the mufflers and they were due for delivery Saturday.

Normally I'm a little more prepared going into these things but was just getting to feeling better as of Friday as I was under the weather for a little over a week. Thus the lack of prep for me. Issues; the bolts from cats to Y pipe on the Stillen were an absolute B to get off. I do not own a lift nor do I own any impact tools, so anytime I work on my car its with my own brute strength.

Needless to say I had to make a run to Home Depot for some new hardware and to an auto parts store for new gaskets. That turned into a fiasco in itself as I had to go to 4 different stores to find the 2 bolt flange gaskets. CRAZY!

Once the Stillen cbe was off, we attempted to get the cats off. Figured I'd start with the top bolt through the engine bay as thats the hardest and see where it took me. Well after about 20 mins of trying to get the 14mm deep socket to go on, the steering knuckle was in the way and I did not feel like removing it. Figured it would be easier to just go get a 14mm 6 side short/reg socket. WRONG! Checked all 4 auto parts stores I was at, checked Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears.....NO ONE had a 6 point 1/2" 14 mm socket nor a set. Everything was 12 point and I didn't want to risk stripping the bolts.
So I said the hell with it and figured I'd see how the exhaust sounded with the cats and then make a determination.

Well the result is nothing less than utter madness in a heavenly way! EVERY clip/video that you have watched with this exhaust does NOT do it justice. I swear I am not just saying because its on my car now. There is an ungodly, earth shattering, wake up the dead , exotic formula 1 sound from this exhaust. This lived up to the hype and then some!

Without further a do.....a couple vids....ENJOY!

Search this Thread