Build Threads

Fritz's G37S Sedan 6MT

Old 01-29-2017, 01:31 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Fritz
Thanks man! and yea the Halos didnt come in on timeSo I have a buddy coming over tomorrow install the halos and im switching the fog light bulb,city light bulb, and putting in switchbacks!

Thanks for the picture man! I actually already have it in my garage! I was tempted to install but figure I should just wait until we get closer to spring
I had the V3 tritons in amber only for my coupe and it was the brightest and BEST LED turn signal I've seen other than those that come stock with LEDs. Was really happy with them.

Also word of advice, if your front lip is new, I would try to get clear bra (XPEL) installed on it prior to connecting it to your car. The lip loves picking up road debris especially here in NE and will get pitted in a few months. Your car is also slammed so that's not going to help
Old 01-29-2017, 11:10 PM
Fritz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz
I had the V3 tritons in amber only for my coupe and it was the brightest and BEST LED turn signal I've seen other than those that come stock with LEDs. Was really happy with them.

Also word of advice, if your front lip is new, I would try to get clear bra (XPEL) installed on it prior to connecting it to your car. The lip loves picking up road debris especially here in NE and will get pitted in a few months. Your car is also slammed so that's not going to help

Thanks for the advice on the Clear Bra. I will drop off to shop soon to get it done! better to do now while its off the car!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:10 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Enjoy the sway bars!
Old 02-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Shifter ****- Debatating what to get

Feel Free to give suggestions on my debating mod list section
I spent years thinking about the shift **** before finding what I wanted at LatheWerks. Simple, clean, funtional and substantive in brushed titanium. And I spent more than a little effort on the boot... with samples and lots of time to think it over. Finally selected a four-panel design, with matching stitching, in perforated leather. The end result is something that could be OEM, but is 10x better than the actual OEM parts.

I suspect you'll move a lot faster on this mod than I did. Like, before the snow melts. Anyway, here's a pic:

What you can't see in this photo is the TWM Short-Shifter, custom stand-off, and RJM clutch pedal assembly. It all comes together as a fantastic driving experience.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Exhaust- Debating- ARK,FI, Top Speed?
Some opinions... the Top Speed is the least expensive and probably the best value, with quality build and a decent sound. The FI has the best quality build and simply gorgeous cans and tips, with a consistent, serious sound. The Ark is hands down the most exotic of the three in both design and noise, but with gaudy tips and questionable fitment.

Pretty easy to gather some opinions on those choices, to build a pro/con list. But assessing that list for a decision... that's always a personal choice, with no wrong answer.

If you can stand to wait another 7 months, come to this year's G meet. There will be lots of examples of all different kinds of exhausts. Look and listen for yourself before deciding.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

some other considerations for a shift ****. I've had my Nismo Titanium shift **** on all my 6-my cars. Love it!

Name:  DSC01163.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  117.6 KB

Old 02-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Fritz

Enjoy the sway bars!
Thanks man! Cant wait to install them!

Originally Posted by Rochester
I spent years thinking about the shift **** before finding what I wanted at LatheWerks. Simple, clean, funtional and substantive in brushed titanium. And I spent more than a little effort on the boot... with samples and lots of time to think it over. Finally selected a four-panel design, with matching stitching, in perforated leather. The end result is something that could be OEM, but is 10x better than the actual OEM parts.

I suspect you'll move a lot faster on this mod than I did. Like, before the snow melts. Anyway, here's a pic:

What you can't see in this photo is the TWM Short-Shifter, custom stand-off, and RJM clutch pedal assembly. It all comes together as a fantastic driving experience.
Thanks for the picture! I will definitely be looking for something clean and subtle and have seen a few ideas on shifter and boots that I like. Will be looking to do interior more towards the spring/summer. I for sure want to do shifter boot, ****, short shifter, steering wheel, and the RJM clutch pedal assembly. All that together will for sure change the driving experience. Im very curious the feel of the RJM pedal!

Some opinions... the Top Speed is the least expensive and probably the best value, with quality build and a decent sound. The FI has the best quality build and simply gorgeous cans and tips, with a consistent, serious sound. The Ark is hands down the most exotic of the three in both design and noise, but with gaudy tips and questionable fitment.

Pretty easy to gather some opinions on those choices, to build a pro/con list. But assessing that list for a decision... that's always a personal choice, with no wrong answer.

If you can stand to wait another 7 months, come to this year's G meet. There will be lots of examples of all different kinds of exhausts. Look and listen for yourself before deciding.
Thanks for all the feedback once again! I did some research and came to the same conclusions you have provided. I decided to go with a FI cat back exhaust with 12" resonators! I already have the exhaust and should hopefully be installing this week

some other considerations for a shift ****. I've had my Nismo Titanium shift **** on all my 6-my cars. Love it!

Thanks for the pictures man! looks clean! I think im going to be going with a similar color ****!
Old 02-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Fritz

UPDATE!

Recently got my RGB Halos installed in my headlights and I love them! Also was able to pick up a set of Sway Bars from forum member Goonz and a FI catback exhaust! Both of which I still need to install along with my Stillen Gen 3 Intakes! More to come

Old 02-05-2017, 12:39 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Great parts you've picked up & those halos came out looking nice. You've been on a fast track, way to stay the course!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by blnewt
Great parts you've picked up & those halos came out looking nice. You've been on a fast track, way to stay the course!
I'm somewhat predisposed not to like halos, and yet I totally agree, Newt. Very attractive mod, OP. Love the look when amber.

IDK how you're doing all this stuff so quickly. FI has a 12 -14 week queue on CB orders.

Used sways... smart man.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:16 AM
Fritz

Originally Posted by blnewt
Thank Blnewt! I wasnt expecting to get everything so fast but got great deals on everything so I did it while I can!

I'm somewhat predisposed not to like halos, and yet I totally agree, Newt. Very attractive mod, OP. Love the look when amber.

IDK how you're doing all this stuff so quickly. FI has a 12 -14 week queue on CB orders.

Used sways... smart man.
I got lucky and found a member who was selling a 1 month old FI exhaust for sale! I can barley tell it has been used and saved hundreds from the retail price
Old 02-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Used sways... smart man.
Actually FI is backed up only about 6-8 weeks. I would know, I just ordered these babies

Old 02-05-2017, 03:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Actually FI is backed up only about 6-8 weeks. I would know, I just ordered these babies
Very nice, Goonz. And GTK that FI is cranking them out faster now, with shorter delivery estimates.

But seriously, you would only know that 6-8 weeks from now.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Very nice, Goonz. And GTK that FI is cranking them out faster now, with shorter delivery estimates.

But seriously, you would only know that 6-8 weeks from now.
timeline works out perfectly, I'll have my bonus and tax return by then
Old 02-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Dembflyr
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Good to see a few more MT sedan builds popping up.

Looks great!

Search this Thread