Build Threads

The93owner's '09 G37xS Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:50 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Nice ride. I dig the VMR wheels with the drop. You look pretty low- does it scrape at all?
Not most of the time. I clear most road hazards and speed bumps with no problems. The only thing that gets scraped up is the undertray; not so much the lip.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:15 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Yeah mine will scrape on the under tray or the exhaust U-bolt, but fortunately not too often.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Subbed for more. The design of those VMR rims are a notch above the Coupe Sports, IMO. They maintain that could-be-OEM look at a glance, but have that little something extra that contributes to the look, while mostly being a detail that only you can appreciate. In my book, that's a win, and that's the right way to mod a car.

I really like what you're doing here. And I suspect that someday soon you're going to upgrade your Tanabe axle-back. Until then, it's fine, and better than OEM.

Have you ever seen the look of the low-profile Stillen trunk spoiler over the chrome trunk lip, both painted the color of the car? (I think it's Stillen.) If I didn't already have the OEM trunk spoiler, pretty sure I would have gone that route.
The following users liked this post:
the93owner (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 08:31 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Subbed for more. The design of those VMR rims are a notch above the Coupe Sports, IMO. They maintain that could-be-OEM look at a glance, but have that little something extra that contributes to the look, while mostly being a detail that only you can appreciate. In my book, that's a win, and that's the right way to mod a car.

I really like what you're doing here. And I suspect that someday soon you're going to upgrade your Tanabe axle-back. Until then, it's fine, and better than OEM.

Have you ever seen the look of the low-profile Stillen trunk spoiler over the chrome trunk lip, both painted the color of the car? (I think it's Stillen.) If I didn't already have the OEM trunk spoiler, pretty sure I would have gone that route.
I would put the quality of the Tanabe muffler up against any other muffler system that is currently mass produced for our cars, full CBE's included (meaning muffler vs muffler). They're my #1 overall favorite muffler for our cars by far and IMO the best looking muffler available.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:50 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by jfisher
I would put the quality of the Tanabe muffler up against any other muffler system that is currently mass produced for our cars, full CBE's included (meaning muffler vs muffler). They're my #1 overall favorite muffler for our cars by far and IMO the best looking muffler available.
Yeah, it's a nice muffler. It looks good on the OP's car. And that's all I'm going to say.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM
the93owner
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

Thanks! Ideally I would have gotten the Fast Intentions but that's a bit out of range for me I've seen the Stillen spoiler and not sure how I like it. I will keep it on the back burner, thanks for the suggestion
Old 04-07-2016, 12:57 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
imo the stillen spoiler looks terrible. It looks like you have a spoiler attached to a spoiler. Looks really strange. Doesen't flow with the body lines and just looks like something stuck on

Name:  DSC01922.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  52.2 KB

Old 04-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by iCrap
imo the stillen spoiler looks terrible. It looks like you have a spoiler attached to a spoiler. Looks really strange. Doesen't flow with the body lines and just looks like something stuck on
That's why I said both elements should get painted body color: the spoiler and the chrome lip. I think when both are painted, it looks great and unique, although still a somwhat busy look. If you leave the lip chrome, then I agree... the stacked effect is awkward. Either way, absolutely it follows the lines of the car. I'm not sure how you argue that, or whether we even should or not in someone's build thread.

In any event... it's a constructive option, not a destructive opinion. Although I can do both.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:08 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

I agree both should be painted, but even so it still looks like 2 spoilers stacked up on top of each other.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:42 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

I think I'll just leave the chrome piece as is without any spoilers. Because the chrome piece a separate piece from the trunk itself, it already presents the effect that something was added on. Another spoiler added on top of it definitely makes it look too busy, like adding a lip on top of a lip lol.

Thanks Infiniti for making such an awkward trunk. Lol
Old 04-07-2016, 02:52 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Painting the original spoiler can help, but I agree that the factory spoiler looks nice and clean. (Not sure if it goes over the chrome or just replaces it though)

I was lucky as my car came with the factory spoiler, factory black grille, and illuminated kick plates. Seems dumb, but I would have bought all that stuff anyway so I figured I saved a bunch of $$$ in the long run.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:04 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Painting the original spoiler can help, but I agree that the factory spoiler looks nice and clean. (Not sure if it goes over the chrome or just replaces it though)

I was lucky as my car came with the factory spoiler, factory black grille, and illuminated kick plates. Seems dumb, but I would have bought all that stuff anyway so I figured I saved a bunch of $$$ in the long run.
Yep, consider yourself lucky. I bought the factory front lip and midnight grille myself from an online Infiniti retailer and spent nearly $600 for all the parts shipped. I also wanted the illuminated kick plates but figured they were just too much I already had LEDs for the interior bulbs so that was good enough
Old 04-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

What's your next mod, OP?

I don't see swaybars in your list.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:32 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

The illuminated kick plates from infiniti are ridiculously expensive... that's why i made my own for way cheaper.

And yeah, i suggest sways like Rochester said. I have Hotchkis, they are awesome.
The following users liked this post:
the93owner (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 03:37 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

^ Those look good! And yeah I am thinking about upgraded suspension components, like sway bars, bushings, toe arms, front strut brace......lots of money to upgrade those so I'm gonna have to see which ones should come first lol. Or better to do it all at once?

Quick Reply: The93owner's '09 G37xS Sedan