Build Threads

TannerGs Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:52 AM
TannerG

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Well today I went and had TSB ITB12-027A installed and wow what a difference in throttle response and smoother shifting! I thought it was already smooth prior to getting the update but definitely could feel the "lag" but man this completely solved that. Plus they gave me complimentary cookies so theres that lol.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by TannerG
Well today I went and had TSB ITB12-027A installed and wow what a difference in throttle response and smoother shifting! I thought it was already smooth prior to getting the update but definitely could feel the "lag" but man this completely solved that. Plus they gave me complimentary cookies so theres that lol.
Nice! Just stay far away from their complimentary wash/swirl/scratch services
Old 03-19-2016, 02:59 PM
TannerG

Originally Posted by blnewt
Whoops they did wash it but after inspecting it seems to have been a very good wash, they even got my wheels w/ a brush.

Maybe its harder to tell on LP
Old 03-19-2016, 08:00 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Ray Catena Infiniti over in Edison, NJ generally does a very good job at washing my car. It looks and smells just like the day I bought it every single time I bring it to them. Not sure what they do though. They even get the inside.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 PM
TannerG

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Ray Catena Infiniti over in Edison, NJ generally does a very good job at washing my car. It looks and smells just like the day I bought it every single time I bring it to them. Not sure what they do though. They even get the inside.
Mine was the same way I was impressed.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Great dealership I've been there before and got a wash once and I must say that I was impressed

TannerG what kind of cookies? Hope you bought enough for everybody lol But seriously keep up the great work on the car man
Old 03-20-2016, 11:10 PM
TannerG

Thanks for the kinds words. Standby for some trim painting/wrapping this weekend. Weather willing lol.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:27 AM
TannerG

Would It be tacky of me to paint the stock brake calipers? I think a little color would be nice and im considering adding some to the trim, a dark metallic blue.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Would It be tacky of me to paint the stock brake calipers? I think a little color would be nice and im considering adding some to the trim, a dark metallic blue.
I wouldn't bring much attention to the base brakes, A black or Gray is OK and you can add an Infiniti logo decal and a coat of clear to add a little zing.
The following users liked this post:
TannerG (03-22-2016)
Old 03-23-2016, 11:04 PM
TannerG

I wouldn't bring much attention to the base brakes, A black or Gray is OK and you can add an Infiniti logo decal and a coat of clear to add a little zing.
Thanks for the input. From your time on the forums have after seeing a ton of different builds, is it tacky or ugly looking when someone paints the chrome trim around the doors black? I am doing the molding this weekend.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:17 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Thanks for the input. From your time on the forums have after seeing a ton of different builds, is it tacky or ugly looking when someone paints the chrome trim around the doors black? I am doing the molding this weekend.
A lot of people black out the window trim using all sorts of methods, from paint to plastidip to vinyl wrap. Usually looks good on all colors. And I second blnewt on not doing too much to the stock brakes... that looks tacky IMO. Save up for a BBK, or just swap out the rotors for drilled/slotted if you desire. That's what I did on mine, not because for looks, but because I needed new rotors lol.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:47 AM
TannerG

Originally Posted by the93owner
A lot of people black out the window trim using all sorts of methods, from paint to plastidip to vinyl wrap. Usually looks good on all colors. And I second blnewt on not doing too much to the stock brakes... that looks tacky IMO. Save up for a BBK, or just swap out the rotors for drilled/slotted if you desire. That's what I did on mine, not because for looks, but because I needed new rotors lol.
Thanks for the input. I think im going to end up doing the trim in black paint. Im OK w/ plastidip but I've done a lot more painting over the years and have a lot of experience w/ extensive prep work for that. I think It looks better...
Old 03-24-2016, 08:54 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Thanks for the input. I think im going to end up doing the trim in black paint. Im OK w/ plastidip but I've done a lot more painting over the years and have a lot of experience w/ extensive prep work for that. I think It looks better...
Tanner, I'd just go w/ gloss black vinyl wrap for the window trim, it's an easy DIY, costs about $25 and will match your door pillars perfectly as they are vinyl wrapped from the factory. Also no prep work involved vs. painting them.
Here's the DIY link
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-g-sedans.html
Old 03-24-2016, 10:58 AM
cannondalemtb

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Tanner, I'd just go w/ gloss black vinyl wrap for the window trim, it's an easy DIY, costs about $25 and will match your door pillars perfectly as they are vinyl wrapped from the factory. Also no prep work involved vs. painting them.
Here's the DIY link
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-g-sedans.html
I would say little prep work rather than none, but I know what you mean lol. Vinyl is definitely the way to go. Just prep the surface properly so that the vinyl adheres and lasts longer.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:07 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
The only prep you really need to do is clean it properly with some isoprophyl or something.

Quick Reply: TannerGs Build