Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how did you do the GTR button color mod? it looks very cool
Old 12-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenny Xie
how did you do the GTR button color mod? it looks very cool
PM grojas112; (Gabe) does extremely fine work and has a very fast turn around time as well. He is the one who modded the button with the diff color led's for me.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

New Optima Red Top going in

Name:  20150331_161117_zpsjic6rjra.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  166.9 KB
Old 04-11-2015, 12:01 AM
crispy_11

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
So jealous you found a 6mt sedan, I should've been more patient. But she looks crazy clean man, like someone already, classy yet aggressive. Keep it up man can't wait to see more updates!
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (04-20-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,571 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Last few random pics of lately, havent had a chance to get Ciara cleaned up for a real photo shoot just yet, but heres a couple pics from work and the race track this past weekend.

IDK why, but that's a really good pic right there. Probably better without the Bimmer and the parking boner, but still, it's an appealing perspective.

Dropped on those Velgen's really made all the difference. Beautiful wheels. Not sure how I feel about the red lug nuts, but you do have a red accent thing going on, and it is a black car, so maybe. I suspect it's something you initially felt awkward about, then just kind of fell in love with.

Normally don't like rear tinted lenses, but again, black car. And it looks like you did a great job there. Beautiful from the rear.

Have you considered doing something with the window trim? It can be a PITA to wrap the whole trim, and do it well. Have you thought of just wrapping the belt-line?

Going to replace the shift **** on that 6MT?

It would be fun doing a photo shoot of our cars side by side

The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Daddy Fat Sacs (04-20-2015), twin_snails (04-16-2015)
Old 04-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
IDK why, but that's a really good pic right there. Probably better without the Bimmer and the parking boner, but still, it's an appealing perspective.

Dropped on those Velgen's really made all the difference. Beautiful wheels. Not sure how I feel about the red lug nuts, but you do have a red accent thing going on, and it is a black car, so maybe. I suspect it's something you initially felt awkward about, then just kind of fell in love with.

Normally don't like rear tinted lenses, but again, black car. And it looks like you did a great job there. Beautiful from the rear.

Have you considered doing something with the window trim? It can be a PITA to wrap the whole trim, and do it well. Have you thought of just wrapping the belt-line?

Going to replace the shift **** on that 6MT?

It would be fun doing a photo shoot of our cars side by side

Not sure where the 6mt thing came in......I wish she was...but its the 7at As for the red lugs...yes it was a very difficult decision in that I was going with a red theme in a way..."S" badge on the trunk...and I have red painted engine cover, dress up bolts, and stillen that also has red so was tieing it all together.

I'm actually ordering new rotors, pads, and SS brake lines soon....thought about PC my calipers, lugs, and poss the cusco FSB all in a copper-burnt metallic orange to change the feel up. Still undecisive as the calipers will be getting a maker over...just trying to decide which way I want to go.

As for the cars side by side....yes...its been on my to do list for awhile now......just a paint to get 2 cars both cleaned and shined up and then find a decent photo spot. Hopefully soon enough....I have quite a few vacations planned (Miami, NYC, Dallas) in the up coming months that may side track some stuff

Ive contemplated wrapping the window trim time and time again....i'm a DIY'er but I have 0 experience working with wrap and when it comes to my car...last thing I want is a blotched up job.....so I have called around and have gotten some quotes but thats one thats still on the fence about as I have no plans on changing the front mid night grill nor fog rings....so those chrome peices do play a factor in the overall look
Old 04-20-2015, 02:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Ahh C'mon Daddy, just give the wrap a try, it's not bad. Like John said, try the bottom piece first and go from there, if you have a tough time w/ the rest (you won't) you can always just keep the bottom strip intact. BTW, how are you & your wife liking those T1Sports, haven't heard any updates.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:01 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Ok,So what happened to looking for a 6mt ? I'm kinda looking for one,and you were going to be my inspiration to to get one.

This G is super clean looking too.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:56 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Ahh C'mon Daddy, just give the wrap a try, it's not bad. Like John said, try the bottom piece first and go from there, if you have a tough time w/ the rest (you won't) you can always just keep the bottom strip intact. BTW, how are you & your wife liking those T1Sports, haven't heard any updates.
Well Brad I just talked to another member last night who has also done the trim work and I believe I will tackle this once back from vacation in early May. So stay tuned on that one

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
Ok,So what happened to looking for a 6mt ? I'm kinda looking for one,and you were going to be my inspiration to to get one.

This G is super clean looking too.
First and foremost I wish you the best of luck in your search for the holy grail. You are correct in that I was planning on getting a 6mt....since this is my build thread...here goes the story.

Last June my mother got married in Gatlingburg, TN. There just so happened to be a 13' Red 6MT with only 6k miles on her in Nashville which is only an hr away from Gatlinburg. So after numerous talkes with the dealership about letting me klnow if the car sold prior to me coming up....needless to say it was still avail when the time came. So after speaking with the wife and getting the loan approved through my credit union I took off all my mods, returned the car to stock and took the trip up there. Once there I took the car for a test drive and everything was a go until the time came to make the numbers work. At that time I believe my car had 23-24k miles on her and they were only offering me 24k trade in, I believe I owed around 27k still.....they were asking $32,500 for it and they refused to budge on anything at all. So after speaking to the manager for about an hour...I walked away. They were prob making anywhere from 3-4k off the sale of their vehcile to me and then was going to turn around and make another 3-4k off my vehicle. No way was I going to go through all that and be upside down just for the 6mt as much as it hurt to walk. They actually called me the next 2 days while I was in Gatlinburg and only offered to take $500 off their asking price.

To this day I am still highly upset and just baffled at the whole thing honestly....I mean really who the hell wants a 6mt RWD sports sedan to drive around in the snow???? NOT MANY I can tell you that. Only other bad thing that continued to cross my mind....is I work for a large worldwide corporation who is part of the VPP pricing for Nissan/Infiniti....meaning that I get the cars at invoice if I bought them new. So in the back of my head....for a brand spanking new 6mt I would be paying 34k and change.....so that huanted me as well....some ask then why didnt you do that in the first place? well it just so happeneds that when I had my dealer look...there were only 2 6mt sedans avail in the US and when they inquired about both...both were sold within 48hr timeframe

Ok i'm going to go try and heal these open wounds again...thanks NorCal
Old 04-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Rochester
Administrator

That's a frustrating story. Sympathies, Fat Sacs.

As much as I love my 6MT... if I already had a 2010 Journey Sport, I wouldn't go through the effort that you went through just to get the manual transmission in what is essentially the identical car. And regardless of how much you want something, being upside-down on a loan is nuts.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

I recently had a member ask for some more profile shots.....I cleaned her the other day and took a few pics. Please excuse the partial finger blast in some of the pics....I had the inlaws over that day and the wife was yelling at me to come inside...so I was trying tosnap away quickly

Quick disclaimer....I didnt realize that the front wheels were just slightly turned when I took these as well....yea yea I know...NOOB!

Name:  image1_zpsj7rsmbmh.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  212.3 KB
Name:  image2_zpsqt5ttj64.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  409.5 KB
Name:  image3_zpsltsbvc96.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  423.3 KB
Name:  image4_zpswlo8zy8o.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  359.0 KB
Name:  image5_zpspr5wjsvx.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  491.5 KB

Rear Tire
Name:  image6_zpsz0ztdvsz.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  541.4 KB
Name:  image7_zpss4ufvlb0.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  439.7 KB
Name:  image8_zpsdy3toing.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  391.3 KB
Name:  image9_zpsj3lghscd.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  395.8 KB
Name:  image10_zpszljrwaua.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  236.2 KB

Front tire
Name:  image11_zps0bqjxczh.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  276.5 KB
Name:  image12_zpstnxi3hxk.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  258.6 KB
Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Get out the toothpicks, bud... there be wax in your backup sensors.

Beautiful car. Loving those wheels more and more each time I see them.
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 08:08 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
That's a frustrating story. Sympathies, Fat Sacs.

As much as I love my 6MT... if I already had a 2010 Journey Sport, I wouldn't go through the effort that you went through just to get the manual transmission in what is essentially the identical car. And regardless of how much you want something, being upside-down on a loan is nuts.
Thank you sir...yes extremely frustrating...but like they say...things happen for a reason. And you are correct...no reason in my eyes to be upside down on a loan and esp for technically the same car.

Who's to say whats in my future.....my oldest daughter will be driving in 2 1/2 years and in the same timeframe my youngest will no longer require a car seat.....so we shall see....M3 has always been my realistic dream car.....so the next one may be an M3/M4, S4, or poss a GTR....all 6mt of course besides the GTR
Old 04-23-2015, 08:16 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Who's to say whats in my future.....my oldest daughter will be driving in 2 1/2 years
Ditto with my oldest girl. Actually, this time next year, if she wants. OMG. I love her, but she won't be driving my car. Heck, my wife doesn't even drive my car, and not because I don't trust her, but because she doesn't trust herself with it.

If it were an automatic, though, everything would be different.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:30 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Lol, got the same Jordan sandals, and same gnarly feet
That is a sad story about your 6mt quest, especially all the work R&R'ing all those parts.
Those pics look great, really considering painting my wheels a similar color, that contrast goes so well on OB.
Any updates on the wife's tires

Quick Reply: Daddy Fat Sacs Build Thread