Build Threads

Rochester's new G

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Took a familiar but far away 360* on-ramp today in warm, dry weather, with no cars in front of me. If I recall correctly, I used to start squealing as I approached 50 mph with this ramp. And that was with aftermarket sways.

Fast forward to today, with wider PSS on all four corners, and lowered on Swift Springs with added neg-camber (that bugs me), and I found myself approaching 60 mph on this ramp, without any issue. In fact, I'm sure I could have pushed it further.

I shot out of that ramp into merging 65 mph traffic, already at speed. That's pretty cool.
That alignment does have it's advantages
Just keep the glass half full John
Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 AM
STEVEKID98
Registered Member

Location: i live on the jersey shore,poconos pa, and missiauga canada
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your tires?

All tucked away in the garage, my 2011 G37S Sedan 6MT, with 4,000 miles on the clock.

Hello, myG37.com.

[EDIT] Here's a running list of modifications since buying the car in 2012:

Performance Mods

FI Resonated High Flow Cats
R2C Air Intake Kit in Black Nickel
GT-Spec Front Strut Tower Brace
Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
JSolo Clutch Spring

Visual Mods

VOSSEN CVT Wheels - 19” Staggered
Swift Lowering Springs
Vinyl Wrapped Belt-line Window Trim
Vinyl Wrapped Rear Valance Area
CARSMO Radio and HVAC *****
GT-R Map Light Lens Swap
LED Lighting: Dome, Doors, Plate
Custom Painted Front Grille
Amber Tinted Fog Lenses
Magnaflow Exhaust Tips
G37S Trunk De-badge
Custom 4DSC Decals
Rear Window Tint
Lots of Engine Bling
Are they really loud on the high ways. Also I put k sport coil overs In my g . Amazing on the street , road course, and looks of course. My page is stevekid98@yahoo.com for pics . I live in Flanders if you need help with your ride .
Old 07-07-2014, 07:37 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Rochester - your car is gorgeous man. So glad to see all the progress it's made and how tastefully you've continued on this journey. Another class act!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ashmostro
Rochester - your car is gorgeous man. So glad to see all the progress it's made and how tastefully you've continued on this journey. Another class act!
Thanks, Ash. Always good to hear from you.

Here are some driveway pics from yesterday. Seems I actually have become a Driveway Queen... wasn't even inspired to take it someplace nice for a photo-shoot.

The following users liked this post:
Hammer208S (04-12-2015)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:02 AM
ashmostro

The epitome of clean!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:12 AM
GoFightNguyen
Because Racecar

Received 749 Likes on 356 Posts
It's okay, I guess XD
Old 07-07-2014, 10:22 AM
ashmostro

Fast forward to today, with wider PSS on all four corners, and lowered on Swift Springs with added neg-camber (that bugs me)
John,

Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread, but you shouldn't worry much if at all about negative camber. Incorrect or excessive toe as a result of lowering and poor adjustment is what ruins tires.

For example, I'm running -2.8 degrees/-1.8 degree f/r both on the track and street with totally even wear but my toe is spot on.

Enjoy the corner traction!!

-Ash
The following 2 users liked this post by ashmostro:
NoLimits_Auto (07-07-2014), Rochester (07-07-2014)
Old 07-07-2014, 04:01 PM
yardie_g37_6mt

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Add one more to the former Maxima owner list. I had a 5.5 Gen 6MT in white.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Plans

Deep into Summer 2014 now, so most of the mods for the year are behind me, except for research and future planning. However, I will be buying a solid Titanium tear-drop shift **** from LatheWerks.com. Looking forward to that, and pics when it happens. And before swapping the duckfeet & snows, I'll probably get some spacers for those OEM rims, now that the car is dropped.

I've also been researching getting my Akebono calipers painted, having recently fallen in love with the Acura color, Rio Yellow Pearl. That mod will most likely wait until next year.

Been thinking a lot about the Stillen roof wing, in gloss black trim against the Moonlight White and tinted rear window. Also a next-year mod, or even 2016.

2015 is on tap for the ARK Grip catback, and a TWM short-throw shifter.

2016 is when I'm planning on a 4.083 rear gear swap.

Everything subject to change, LOL
Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Just ordered a teardrop shaped shift **** from Lathewerks.com, in solid brushed Titanium, with a matching brushed titanium boot ring.

DOMO
Old 07-14-2014, 10:07 PM
T-One

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love having the same car as Rochester. Now i can do all the same mods and pose as him at the meets like yeah thats me from the org and myg37. Lol i wouldnt do that....or would I?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Leatherique Revitalizer and Cleaner... loving this product. My Stone Leather interior is like new again.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
The leather treatment came out great! The leather in our cars seems to respond well to leatherique. Along with the thorough clean, there is a significant reduction in wrinkles and you can feel the leather is moisturized and more supple. For some of the deeper wrinkles you can actually wet a cloth, microwave it in a bowl, and place it on the deep wrinkles. This is a safe and easy method to work out some of the more difficult areas such as the seat pan bolsters. The product isn't cheap, I bought the 32oz kit for about $80, but it seems like it will last for several treatments.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ryne
The leather treatment came out great! The leather in our cars seems to respond well to leatherique.
Thanks. Agreed. I'm sure there's probably a varying effect on different manufacturers and different leathers, but for these seats... wow. I'm sold.

Along with the thorough clean, there is a significant reduction in wrinkles and you can feel the leather is moisturized and more supple.
Exactly. Driving around today, the seats feel and look amazing to me. It's a good feeling. Only wish I started with Leatherique on Day One.

For some of the deeper wrinkles you can actually wet a cloth, microwave it in a bowl, and place it on the deep wrinkles. This is a safe and easy method to work out some of the more difficult areas such as the seat pan bolsters.
Microwave a cloth wet down with what, Ryne? The Revitalizer?

The product isn't cheap, I bought the 32oz kit for about $80, but it seems like it will last for several treatments.
I bought a product-only pair of 16oz bottles for $48 shipped through a leather guy on eBay, so seems you found the better deal. But this is my first order, so I was testing the waters somewhat. I did the whole car, without being gentle about using the product. Used up about 1/3 of the Revitalizer, and 1/4 of the Cleaner.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Microwave a cloth wet down with what, Ryne? The Revitalizer?
A cloth/rag wet with water only, I wouldn't recommend microwaving chemicals. Microwave for roughly 2 minutes, you will probably want to use tongs to place the cloth/rag, since ideally, it will be steaming. When you lay the cloth/rag on the seat, the steam will work wonders on the wrinkle. Repeat as necessary, lighter wrinkles will respond to the first session, deeper wrinkles may need a couple rounds. Since water converts to steam at 212 degrees Fahrenheit, you don't have to worry about "overheating and/or damaging the leather like other more risky techniques that involve hair dryers, heat guns, and irons.

I bought a product-only pair of 16oz bottles for $48 shipped through a leather guy on eBay, so seems you found the better deal. But this is my first order, so I was testing the waters somewhat. I did the whole car, without being gentle about using the product. Used up about 1/3 of the Revitalizer, and 1/4 of the Cleaner.
I felt good about the reviews and went all in and purchased the largest kit. It helped that I purchased it during a sale, from AutoGeek. Even at the price you paid, it still comes out to about $15 per treatment, which is a bargain considering the results.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (07-24-2014)

Quick Reply: Rochester's new G