Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Major help:2010 g37 coupe/sedan brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Tmestek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major help:2010 g37 coupe/sedan brakes

Hi all,
i came here specifically because I figure if anyone has the answer....

my friend who is the owner of the 2010 g37 needed her brakes redone. We ordered the brakes but the site apparently only carried the sedan models brakes.

Shipping them back is not an option, as the shipping cost nearly as much as the brakes.

So my my question is, can the brakes for the 2010 g37 sedan be used on the coupe, though they do look different.

My apologies, I am not a mechanic, nor into cars. My husband thought he'd be able to change the brakes for her, but upon seeing they were not the same was apprehensive to do so without a complete confirmation.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:27 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Tmestek
Hi all,
i came here specifically because I figure if anyone has the answer....

my friend who is the owner of the 2010 g37 needed her brakes redone. We ordered the brakes but the site apparently only carried the sedan models brakes.

Shipping them back is not an option, as the shipping cost nearly as much as the brakes.

So my my question is, can the brakes for the 2010 g37 sedan be used on the coupe, though they do look different.

My apologies, I am not a mechanic, nor into cars. My husband thought he'd be able to change the brakes for her, but upon seeing they were not the same was apprehensive to do so without a complete confirmation.
What did you order, the whole pad & rotor kit? If so, only the rear pads will work. The base sedan uses 322mm front rotors, 307 mm rear rotors, the base coupe uses 330mm rotors front & rear. The front pads will be different as will ALL the rotors. If the shop was at fault they should cover the shipping, there's no way a reputable shop should have sent out the wrong parts as they are very different. If they were erroneously ordered on your end, then yeah, that's on you.
Maybe you can sell the parts here on site, might post a FS ad in the classifieds, if someone's close by & wouldn't have to pay shipping it would be worthwhile.
Also there is a big difference in the coupe brakes from a base journey model and the S (sport) model. If the brake calipers are a smooth silver with "Infiniti" labeled on them you have the bigger Sport brakes, this is a much different setup with 355mm front/350mm rear rotors with completely different F&R pads, just need to be sure here.
G/L & sorry for the mishap.
Old 01-31-2017, 01:00 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
i too would suggest you try putting the wrong parts you ordered online for sale. try to get rid of it even if it means its a loss. consider it a learning experience as this is what happens when one is not aware of what to buy or what is needed for their specific vehicle especially when buying online. good luck