Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help Info On Coilover

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 12:55 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
For the $150-200 more I'm willing to go with the coilover. I'd rather be able to set the height where I want it and ESPECIALLY avoid the rear sagging like some lowering springs do. Plus, by the time I buy the springs and a good set of dampers, I'm out more than coils anyway.

Will I need the whole camber kit or just the bolts to get rear camber back in spec?
Old 12-21-2016, 12:56 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
motorsports drop and nice look are achievable with a lowering spring.
I have swift lowering springs on my ipl with ipl shocks and its perfect. feels tight and responsive paired with eibach sways.
Do you have any good pictures of yours?
Old 12-21-2016, 01:16 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by r2dmax
For the $150-200 more I'm willing to go with the coilover. I'd rather be able to set the height where I want it and ESPECIALLY avoid the rear sagging like some lowering springs do. Plus, by the time I buy the springs and a good set of dampers, I'm out more than coils anyway.

Will I need the whole camber kit or just the bolts to get rear camber back in spec?
If you're not lowering the vehicle much, you could probably get away with camber and tie bolts in the rear and upper camber arms up front. The tears seem to wear better with more camber than the fronts do. I wore out my fronts fairly quickly with a .9" drop and stock non-adjustable arms.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:43 PM
Hooligan Russ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ape Factory
If you're not lowering the vehicle much, you could probably get away with camber and tie bolts in the rear and upper camber arms up front. The tears seem to wear better with more camber than the fronts do. I wore out my fronts fairly quickly with a .9" drop and stock non-adjustable arms.
Do you mean the fronts? Also, How many miles did you get out of your tires before they "wore out pretty quickly"?
Old 01-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
It wasn't long. New tires in January, OEM Bridgestones. I think the coilovers went on in May? By September there was noticeable wear, and by the end of November I felt I had to replace them ASAP. We're taking maybe 5,000 miles or a bit more, mostly highway.