Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Help 2010 g37x coupe brake calipers

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:58 AM
Freyox23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 g37x coupe brake calipers

Question does the g37x use the same brake calipers as regular g37s? I've read a couple threads saying that the rotors are definitely different on the g37x 2010 they are 330m all around as opposed to regular g37s that are 330/320m so I was wondering if the calipers are also different. Also, is it ok to have different brand calipers on each front tire? Like OEM left caliper and aftermarket right caliper? I need to change my passenger side caliper because I was told it was not for g37
Old 12-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Freyox23
Question does the g37x use the same brake calipers as regular g37s? I've read a couple threads saying that the rotors are definitely different on the g37x 2010 they are 330m all around as opposed to regular g37s that are 330/320m so I was wondering if the calipers are also different.
G37s use akebono 4 pot solid calipers:

G37x use tokiko 2 pot sliding pin calipers:

I own both caliper models on my 2 G37's and there is not a big braking difference between them. But the akebono definitely look better.

The brake rotors are also different between G37s and G37x
They both use different rotors size from front to rear.

Also, is it ok to have different brand calipers on each front tire? Like OEM left caliper and aftermarket right caliper? I need to change my passenger side caliper because I was told it was not for g37
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

If you want your car to be safe on the road, use calipers on pairs.
A different caliper on one side might give you a different braking force and this will send the car on a spin when braking on a slippery road.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (12-13-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Freyox23

Originally Posted by Elco
G37s use akebono 4 pot solid calipers:

G37x use tokiko 2 pot sliding pin calipers:

I own both caliper models on my 2 G37's and there is not a big braking difference between them. But the akebono definitely look better.

The brake rotors are also different between G37s and G37x
They both use different rotors size from front to rear.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

If you want your car to be safe on the road, use calipers on pairs.
A different caliper on one side might give you a different braking force and this will send the car on a spin when braking on a slippery road.

Where can I get the tokico 2 brake caliper from? I'm trying to get the same as OEM but the dealer is charging an arm and a leg and they don't know what they are talking about they are saying all g37 brake calipers are akebono
Old 12-14-2016, 12:06 PM
Elco
Registered Member

Here you go:

2010 INFINITI G37X SEDAN AWD 3.7 #1 FRONT LEFT RIGHT BRAKE CALIPERS PAIR OEM

Or even cheaper ones:

2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan Left OEM Factory Brake Caliper (Driver Front) | eBay

2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan Right OEM Factory Brake Caliper (Passenger Front) | eBay

Make sure you get the correct caliper. You can't use the left caliper on the right side and viceversa.
The slide pin calipers are WAAAY cheaper than the Akebono solid calipers.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Freyox23

Here you go:

Or even cheaper ones:

2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan Left OEM Factory Brake Caliper (Driver Front) eBay

2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan Right OEM Factory Brake Caliper (Passenger Front) eBay

Make sure you get the correct caliper. You can't use the left caliper on the right side and viceversa.
Thanks man! Much appreciated!!!
Old 12-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Freyox23

Here you go:

Or even cheaper ones:

2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan Left OEM Factory Brake Caliper (Driver Front) eBay

2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan Right OEM Factory Brake Caliper (Passenger Front) eBay

hey I was told that the calipers are different between the coupe and the sedan I have the coupe and also I was told that the calipers changed in 2010 so 2009 calipers won't fit is this accurate? Two Infiniti dealerships in Orlando told me this same exact answer
Old 12-14-2016, 10:28 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
hey I was told that the calipers are different between the coupe and the sedan I have the coupe and also I was told that the calipers changed in 2010 so 2009 calipers won't fit is this accurate? Two Infiniti dealerships in Orlando told me this same exact answer
They did change in 2010, here's a sticky thread on that one~https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...-or-320mm.html
Old 12-15-2016, 10:18 AM
Elco
Registered Member

It might be... i have the G37x sedan.
I did some brake work on it (replacing the rotors and pads) and if you have the 330mm rotors, they will not fit into the calipers made for 320mm rotors.

Better measure the rotors to see exactly what rotors you have and get the corresponding calipers for that rotor.

If you can find the calipers only at the dealer, i can bet you can replace the entire brake setup (front/rear rotors+calipers) at the price the dealer might charge you for a new caliper + work

The OEM non sport calipers and rotors came very cheap on e-bay.
Calipers are simple devices that are very hard to break and even broken can be fixed very easy.
I can't find the reason why anyone replaced the OEM caliper on your car with an aftermarket one...
Old 11-28-2021, 11:35 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'll drop some knowledge here. Piston count doesn't really have much to do with braking distances (higher piston counts typically mean high end hardware, bigger rotors, better pads etc so its difficult to separate the two), what higher piston count will do however is allow modulation when braking i.e. pedal feel. Moving smaller pistons is easier than a larger piston so typically more is better - not saying all BBK kits are created equal but the stock Akebono's are some of the best OE brakes for sub 80k cars.