Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Getting rear but do I NEED front camber kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 02:18 AM
Tones11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getting rear but do I NEED front camber kit?

Just dropped my G-Sedan on BC Coils and for sure am getting SPC rear camber kit but was wondering if front is a must?

I figure I'll get front eventually but would rather wait and get some exterior mods first and come back to suspension later. Should I just bite the bullet and invest and get both right now or is it cool I wait on them as long as I get rear?
It's annoying that rears are a little under $200 shipped and fronts are pretty much a whopping $300... I found a kit for both front and rear for $500 though.

Last edited by Tones11; 12-11-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:57 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by Tones11
Just dropped my G-Sedan on BC Coils and for sure am getting SPC rear camber kit but was wondering if front is a must?

I figure I'll get front eventually but would rather wait and get some exterior mods first and come back to suspension later. Should I just bite the bullet and invest and get both right now or is it cool I wait on them as long as I get rear?
It's annoying that rears are a little under $200 shipped and fronts are pretty much a whopping $300... I found a kit for both front and rear for $500 though.
Depends how low you want to ride. I'm at zero gap (26.25" from ground to fender arcs) and was a 1/2" lower on B&G springs. I have the full kit and have had perfect tire wear for over 60k miles now. If you drop in that range I would recommend the full kit, the cost in more frequent tire purchases will cover the cost for the front kit in pretty short order. Also you will only pay for one alignment, so that will save about $125 vs. waiting and having to get it realigned later. Might even post a WTB (Want to Buy) thread for the full kit once you get 10 posts and wait a couple days in our classified section. These come up from time to time and can save some $$$. If you were running mild drop springs the rear only setup is sometimes ok, but coils I'd get the complete setup.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Get the full kit. I'm running a mild drop front and rear and I was way outside OEM specs up front and barely within range in the rear.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:09 AM
main_shoby
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I think I have cried and researched enough to start commenting on suspension threads lol.
you have to understand that once you alter your suspension system, it may give you a slew of problems unless you are really lucky.
Say, you didn't get a full kit and your alignment isn't even, say front cambers have a difference. People told you that it's all good but when you drive your car it pulls/drifts to one side. you can go Kuku trying to solve this issue without getting a perfect alignment and that you can't do without a full kit.
also, when touching this system, it can come with a lot of squeaking / rattling / ding dongs that will take some time to identify/fix :P
Old 01-20-2017, 07:06 PM
mhadford
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by main_shoby
I think I have cried and researched enough to start commenting on suspension threads lol.
you have to understand that once you alter your suspension system, it may give you a slew of problems unless you are really lucky.
Say, you didn't get a full kit and your alignment isn't even, say front cambers have a difference. People told you that it's all good but when you drive your car it pulls/drifts to one side. you can go Kuku trying to solve this issue without getting a perfect alignment and that you can't do without a full kit.
also, when touching this system, it can come with a lot of squeaking / rattling / ding dongs that will take some time to identify/fix :P
I was able to get to perfect factory alignment specs with the full Kinetix kit, with a drop of 1.5" front and 1.3" rear. Only funny rattling I got was from blown OEM end links on Hotchkis sways. I also have the BC Racing BR (semi) coilover setup.

By the way, I HATE the BC Racing BR setup for X sedan. Rear setup was wayyyy too low even on highest perch setting. Spring rate stupidly high. Had to get the rear bucket conversion to metric springs and 4 new Swift springs before the car was drive able.

I should have complained more - the spring rates advertised were 10kg front and 8 kg rear. What I got was 12 kg front and 10 kg rear. Replaced with 9kg front and 8 kg rear and it's fine. $500+ later.

Oh. Except in cold weather (-15 c and lower) the dampers turn to rock and every bump loosens my tooth fillings. Heard of synthetic fluid, BC?
Old 01-20-2017, 07:10 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Ouch^^^Nice info though
Old 02-13-2017, 07:16 AM
Tones11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been a 2 months with my BC coils and front and rear SPC camber arms and things are great but even after an alignment my steering wheel is a little off center. After my coils were first installed by a friend my steering wheel was off.

Got an alignment then it was good from what a remember but after about a week or so my steering wheel was off center again.

Are there any other alignment components I need to purchase in order to fix this or did the guy who did my alignment just not get it right?
Old 02-13-2017, 08:28 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Steering is centered w/ the tie rods, should be a pretty easy adjustment for your alignment shop.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Just for future reference, SPL now has tie rod ends for our cars.
Improved Front Outer Tie Rod Ends for 370Z and G37 | SPL Parts
The following 2 users liked this post by Ape Factory:
AARONHL (02-28-2017), blnewt (02-13-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 11:28 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
I feel like you have to double your budget if you want coilovers...1-1.2k for the coils and another 1k in alignment camber/toe/caster arms front and rear.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

You could get away with spending far less. I spent an additional $630 in suspension parts but you could probably just get front camber arms (SPC) and rear toe bolts (SPC) and come in under $400. But I do agree, if you go with coilovers, do it right and get the associated suspension components.