Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

tire pressure warning light...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:38 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tire pressure warning light...

anyone know how to reset this damn thing? the book says it will reset once the pressure is set back but the problem is none of my tires are low. I went to a race track today and had to drive and park in a dirt lot. It was bumper as hell with tons of rocks. while leaving the light turned on i thought maybe a rock put a hole i check the tires all the same psi checked again when i got home still all the same so no air is coming out. so how the hell do i get the light off...
Old 11-17-2007, 03:28 AM
SilkeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope this is useful.

Resetting TPMS
From Page 2-13 of owner's manual:
The low tire pressure warning light does not automatically turn off when the tire pressure is adjusted. After the tire is inflated to the recommended pressure, the vehicle must be driven at speeds above 16 MPH (25 km/h) to activate the TPMS and turn off the low tire pressure warning light.
Interference of TPMS
From Page 5-5 of owner's manual:
Do not place metalized film or any metal parts (antenna, etc.) on the windows. This may cause poor reception of the signals from the tire pressure sensors, and the TPMS will not function properly.
From Page 5-6 of owner's manual:
Some devices and transmitters may temporarily interfere with the operation of the TPMS and cause the low tire pressure warning light to
illuminate. Some examples are:
± Facilities or electric devices using similar radio frequencies are near the vehicle.
± If a transmitter set to similar frequencies is being used in or near the vehicle.
± If a computer (or similar equipment) or a DC/AC converter is being used in or near the vehicle.
TPMS Malfunction
From Page 2-13 of owner's manual:
If the TPMS is not functioning properly, the low tire pressure warning light will flash for approximately 1 minute when the ignition switch is pushed ON. The light will remain on after the 1 minute. Have the system checked by an INFINITI dealer.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:04 AM
UNV-IT46

ya i read all those already. it is not blinking at all. just coming on and staying on. but the psi is the same in all 4 tires....
Old 11-17-2007, 01:27 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wheni Changed my tires I had to go bact to the dealer for them to reset. It was free and they said they had to do it I could not do it myself. I believed them because they said they will do it for free every time I change my wheels.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:14 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilkeG
Interference of TPMS
From Page 5-5 of owner's manual:
Do not place metalized film or any metal parts (antenna, etc.) on the windows. This may cause poor reception of the signals from the tire pressure sensors, and the TPMS will not function properly.
Now I'm happy I spent the extra $45 for the 3M non-metalized this morning. I was mostly concerned about Nav and XM...didn't even think about TPMS.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
cyberjock4hire

When the temp dropped below freezing I noticed the TPS warning light go off, they were about 30psi. Inflated the tires to 35psi, drove for a bit and the warning light went off. About a week or so went by and I got my winter tire set from tire rack and I ordered them with no TPS modules because I did not feel like adding $400.00 to the cost. So the winter tires are on for about a week or so now and I have yet to see the tps light go on. Strange, but not complaining.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JLai
Now I'm happy I spent the extra $45 for the 3M non-metalized this morning. I was mostly concerned about Nav and XM...didn't even think about TPMS.

I have metallic tints, how does a Tire Monitor, get affected by the rear window, odd..
Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
ya i read all those already. it is not blinking at all. just coming on and staying on. but the psi is the same in all 4 tires....
1st question .. did you get new tires put on with TPMS devices installed? If not.. you've found your problem.

If you did, then you have to go to the dealer to get the new TPMS devices recognized by the system. The system is looking for the old devices.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
JLai

Originally Posted by Raheel
I have metallic tints, how does a Tire Monitor, get affected by the rear window, odd..
I'd rather just follow the manual...that way it eliminates that as a source if anything goes wrong. Having just spent $45K on a car, an extra $50 to get better tint seems like a drop in the bucket. Besides, I compared it side by side and the color stable looks much better than the metallic. So it was worth it to me.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:29 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by rrrevin
1st question .. did you get new tires put on with TPMS devices installed? If not.. you've found your problem.

If you did, then you have to go to the dealer to get the new TPMS devices recognized by the system. The system is looking for the old devices.
1st question did you read my first post? if not... you've found your problem.....
Old 12-06-2007, 09:17 AM
RedHerring

No, his problem is that he is trying to help you, and leave a little useful information laying around for the rest of us.

Personally, I am thankful because I didn't know that the TPMS sensors were serialized. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
but the psi is the same in all 4 tires....
At 35 PSI?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:48 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JLai
I'd rather just follow the manual...that way it eliminates that as a source if anything goes wrong. Having just spent $45K on a car, an extra $50 to get better tint seems like a drop in the bucket. Besides, I compared it side by side and the color stable looks much better than the metallic. So it was worth it to me.
$50 extra..? My Llumar Metallic Was $50 More than Ceramic....

Metallic costs more than Ceramic, Most people like me get Metallic cuz they want the shiny tint to it, its actually more expensive...
Old 12-06-2007, 01:55 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by RedHerring
No, his problem is that he is trying to help you, and leave a little useful information laying around for the rest of us.

Personally, I am thankful because I didn't know that the TPMS sensors were serialized. Thanks!
it was a joke my friend calm down.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by joeposter
At 35 PSI?
yep. i raised it back up to 35 and still nothing. I am starting to think maybe driving over the rocks maybe damaged one of the sensors....

Quick Reply: tire pressure warning light...