New Greddy/KW damper kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:24 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
New Greddy/KW damper kit

Saw this over on the 370z forum and thought I'd post it here as well.

GReddy has taken what looks like the KW V2 (no longer made), revalved them and added linear springs and top mounts.

If you're ride is mostly street, these look like a great option.
-10K front/9K rear spring rates
-Top mounts included. Pull your old spring/shock units out without disassembly and slot these in.
-Twin tube, better for the street
-1-way adjustable for compression/rebound (18 clicks front and rear)
-OEM rear spring location
-Under $1400.

What I don't like:
-Ride height is adjusted by the spring perch and not a separate threaded adjustment at the shock base.
-Looks like the fronts use solid spherical bearings. Will increase your nvh a bit.
-May have to pull rear shocks to adjust damping.

Here's a link to Z1's site where they have them listed:
https://www.z1motorsports.com/suspen...s-p-10461.html

And GReddy's site:
GReddy

I would have strongly considered these if they'd been available earlier in the year. Knowing what I know now, I'd probably want to go up in spring rate, especially in the front and the ride height thing would bug me. One could run larger sway bars with these and it's probably be a GREAT street setup if you're not looking to slam your ride. A back to back comparison with the Tein Flex Z's would be interesting as they're almost half the price and have a separate threaded lower mount for raising/lowering the vehicle. They're made for the 370z but will work just fine on the G. Doesn't look like they do anything for the X guys however. So RWD only.

I'd buy these in a heartbeat over anything made by the Taiwan/Chinese cookie cutter brands.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ape Factory:
blnewt (12-24-2016), HoldmyMouse (12-24-2016), Presto (12-26-2016)
Old 12-24-2016, 11:48 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Interesting.. however the rears seem to need top hat while the fronts are included. Can't go wrong with kw