Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review Moog end links

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:12 PM
espimax
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do they make them for the rear sway bar?
Old 01-16-2017, 02:32 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I'm sure they do, I just have not had the need for them yet.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:25 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by espimax
Do they make them for the rear sway bar?
Look at post #14

The top two are listed as for the Rear.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:15 AM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
My order for the front sway bar came in last night. I took a look at them, but couldn't figure out what those 2 small widgets do. Are they supposed to screw into the small holes (I'm assuming that's also where you grease the end links)?
Old 03-02-2017, 06:42 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kickintheglass
My order for the front sway bar came in last night. I took a look at them, but couldn't figure out what those 2 small widgets do. Are they supposed to screw into the small holes (I'm assuming that's also where you grease the end links)?
"2 small widgets" on the sway bar?? Yeah, no idea what you are talking about here. Do you have a picture?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by kickintheglass
I can only assume hes talking about the plastic caps on the grease zerks... they just pressure fit on.

with respect to the Moog end links, my $0.02...I had them for about 1.5-2 years on the front of my sedan. A couple of things: the ones I got from Rock Auto had different size imperial fittings so it was annoying to make adjustments and they started getting play in them before I had a chance to grease them the first time (less than an oil change interval).

IMHO the open greasable design of the boot on that part of the car doesn't lend itself to longevity especially if you live in an area where a lot of salt and dirt is on the roads...you have to constantly regrease them just to keep them clean...or maybe I got a bad set.

I started going with cheapos from a company called MAS and have been impressed with their build quality on many suspension parts.

Also for adjustment/maintenance I prefer to get end-links with hex slotting in case some other part gets stripped/rounded. they are cheap enough that they can be replaced annually if I wanted to, but they actually seem to last longer because of the sealed design.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:43 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
I can only assume hes talking about the plastic caps on the grease zerks... they just pressure fit on.
Yup that's it. I'll try again this weekend, I didn't want to break them before I even tried to install the end links on the car
Old 03-03-2017, 09:55 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

with respect to the Moog end links, my $0.02...I had them for about 1.5-2 years on the front of my sedan. A couple of things: the ones I got from Rock Auto had different size imperial fittings so it was annoying to make adjustments and they started getting play in them before I had a chance to grease them the first time (less than an oil change interval).

IMHO the open greasable design of the boot on that part of the car doesn't lend itself to longevity especially if you live in an area where a lot of salt and dirt is on the roads...you have to constantly regrease them just to keep them clean...or maybe I got a bad set.

I started going with cheapos from a company called MAS and have been impressed with their build quality on many suspension parts.

Also for adjustment/maintenance I prefer to get end-links with hex slotting in case some other part gets stripped/rounded. they are cheap enough that they can be replaced annually if I wanted to, but they actually seem to last longer because of the sealed design.
I am curious to see how they hold up as we get lots of salt here in the winter. I though having zerk fittings would be good, but it is kind of a pain in the ***, especially since my grease gun stopped working. Anyone know a good cheap grease gun they can recommend for zerk fittings?
Old 03-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I am curious to see how they hold up as we get lots of salt here in the winter. I though having zerk fittings would be good, but it is kind of a pain in the ***, especially since my grease gun stopped working. Anyone know a good cheap grease gun they can recommend for zerk fittings?
This is exactly why I originally got them, that and they are much beefier looking . ...for grease guns Just grab one from Harbor Freight, any cheapo will do I perfer pistol grips for ease of use ...
Old 03-04-2017, 10:27 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

This is exactly why I originally got them, that and they are much beefier looking . ...for grease guns Just grab one from Harbor Freight, any cheapo will do I perfer pistol grips for ease of use ...
Do you have a Harbor Freight one that works decently? I only ask because I got a cheap one from an auto parts store and it failed miserably after about a month of use?!?
Old 03-05-2017, 01:21 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Do you have a Harbor Freight one that works decently? I only ask because I got a cheap one from an auto parts store and it failed miserably after about a month of use?!?
​​​​​​... Mine is not from Harbor freight (although I have a bunch of cheap tools from there Thst haven't failed me yet), I'm in Canada and I got both of mine at the local autoparts store (Canadian tire) , ... I have this exact one: Lumax LX-1152 Black Heavy Duty Deluxe Pistol Grease Gun with 18" Flex Hose and I also have a 3oz version of the same one from the same brand, both have held up well and appear to be similar to the harbour freight ones... And if they do die they're cheap enough to replace and not worry about it
Old 03-05-2017, 01:17 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Glad to hear you have had luck with that one. I am about 50/50 on having any kind of luck with the very few harbor freight tools I have. I usually only get stuff from there that I know is so basic it should not break and is so cheap I won't care if it does break. Something like this I would rather spend a little money on a good part that actually works since I already went the cheap route and it failed miserably. I will keep an eye out for the Lumax ones too.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:26 AM
RadioFlyer
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
My Moog endlinks are the only things I have Zerks on, so I got a grease gun just for it. I ended up going to Lowes and getting an STP branded one. I believe it's the same gun as they sell in Pep Boys for very cheap - something like $15. If your grease is getting washed out, try a different grease. When I used to live on the east coast I've used marine grease with good results. I also use NEO HP800 for all my swaybar and urethane bushing greasing duties and have never had to touch them since.

This is what I got:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/STP-Mini-Ma...e-Gun/50431768
Old 03-09-2017, 01:52 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I got one at O'reilly Auto with some marine grease and it pumps the grease fine, but the fitting is so damn tight you have to jam it on and pry it off the fitting with a flat head screw driver. I am going to see if they can swap out the fitting on it to one that actually fits.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Carfanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Guys I need some help, I need stronger end links for my
G37x Coupe , I don't need whiteline adjustibles , but just stronger the. OEM end links

Will Moog be good enough ? I'm kinda scared purchasing them and regretting it
I don't track the car but I have Hotchkis front and rear sway bars

Can someone please give me some advice ?