Just bought Fortune Auto 500 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 10:35 PM
yonith

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Just bought Fortune Auto 500 coilovers

I couldn't resist such a good sale and jumped on the Fortune Auto 500 coilovers for my '13 G37 xS. I went with the Swift spring upgrade - 10k/8k, street valving, 8" rear spring, and adjustment extenders. I'm only going to lower the car about an inch on my oem "duck feet" wheels. Roads and winters here in South Jersey are too rough. I haven't bought any camber kits because I'm not totally sure it's necessary but will see what my installer says. I'm super excited so waiting a month for them to come in is gonna be rough. Anyway, I'll keep the board updated with pics and thoughts as things progress.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:51 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by yonith
I couldn't resist such a good sale and jumped on the Fortune Auto 500 coilovers for my '13 G37 xS. I went with the Swift spring upgrade - 10k/8k, street valving, 8" rear spring, and adjustment extenders. I'm only going to lower the car about an inch on my oem "duck feet" wheels. Roads and winters here in South Jersey are too rough. I haven't bought any camber kits because I'm not totally sure it's necessary but will see what my installer says. I'm super excited so waiting a month for them to come in is gonna be rough. Anyway, I'll keep the board updated with pics and thoughts as things progress.
Nice! If you can just lower it 1" all around then you may get reasonable alignment without camber/toe help. Look forward to post install pics & impressions.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:05 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
How much did you pay?
Old 10-11-2016, 02:13 PM
yonith

Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
How much did you pay?
$1440 for everything
Old 11-18-2016, 09:57 PM
yonith

Finally an update. So far not so good. I opened the FA box with my installer and he immediately pointed out that the top hats did not have the adjustability on them as was in pictures. He said he could work around this and get it right for me. I should have known something was wrong when he had it all day and I had to call for updates and finally just now saw the car. The rear was sagging and measured 26 inches and change. The front driver side was stock height. The front passanger was 27 and a half inches which is about what I wanted.

So he took the car back and is going to order control arms because he said the camber was so bad it would destroy the tire. It sounds like FA messed up by sending the wrong non adjustable top hat. He's getting me a rental and will have the car until next week. FML today is my birthday too.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:43 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
The coils they sell for the car does not have a adjustable top hat. I have fortunes as well.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:50 PM
yonith

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
The coils they sell for the car does not have a adjustable top hat. I have fortunes as well.
Yikes I will have to let him know. I can't understand why he's having such a hard time. Sounds like he needs the control arms despite ppl on here saying it's not needed with only a 1 inch drop.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:06 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

It's not needed for a 1 drop
Old 11-18-2016, 11:07 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

What type of shop u take it to??
Old 11-18-2016, 11:13 PM
yonith

It's a performance shop. He said toe is good but camber is 3 degrees off or something like that. I also have hotchkis sway bars if that makes a difference. I'm wondering if maybe I didn't really get the 8 inch rear springs. Ugh so frustrated. Any suggestions?
Old 11-23-2016, 08:27 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
so ur saying ur shop wont install the coilovers with out a camber kit? and like someone said no one makes coilover with adjustable top hat got the g.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:33 PM
yonith

So here's the update. The shop owner finished the install. He said he was having so much trouble with the camber because I had the centric bolt from another car instead of the one that should be there?

Car drove like **** with severe rattling of the steering wheel and noises coming from the back. Turns out the "slip on spacers" he out on weren't hubcentric. I was wondering how those got out on for free... So after those got taken off the front the steering wheel vibration disappeared. The rattling from the back was bc of too little tension on some spring.

He also said he had to reassemble the coilovers because I had 10k in the front and 8k in the back which is backwards.
Old 11-23-2016, 09:53 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
So here's the update. The shop owner finished the install. He said he was having so much trouble with the camber because I had the centric bolt from another car instead of the one that should be there?

Car drove like **** with severe rattling of the steering wheel and noises coming from the back. Turns out the "slip on spacers" he out on weren't hubcentric. I was wondering how those got out on for free... So after those got taken off the front the steering wheel vibration disappeared. The rattling from the back was bc of too little tension on some spring.

He also said he had to reassemble the coilovers because I had 10k in the front and 8k in the back which is backwards.
You're supposed to have stiffer springs in the front, because there's more weight there....
Old 11-23-2016, 10:51 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Wth kind of performance shop is this? Do they mainly work on American cars?
Old 11-23-2016, 11:36 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

This is one of the biggest fails ever. What kinda ship is this??

Quick Reply: Just bought Fortune Auto 500 coilovers