Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review Fortune Auto 500 AWD coilover review

Old 01-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Motoboat

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by P'sLPG
Thanks for the review. I was recently told that because of the nature of the rear suspension design of the awd you can't do the swift spring upgrade in the rear. Is this true and do you know how the coils ride without the swift springs?
Totally false, it couldn't be further from the truth. Swift will work on the rear. As a matter of fact the awd rear suspension is the same as the rwd. It's the front suspension that is different, but you can still get swifts for the front.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:36 PM
P'sLPG

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Motoboat
Totally false, it couldn't be further from the truth. Swift will work on the rear. As a matter of fact the awd rear suspension is the same as the rwd. It's the front suspension that is different, but you can still get swifts for the front.
Thanks for the info. I'm being told three different things from different reps right now. One just said they discontinued the fortune coils for G37 and the other said they are sole distributor. Not sure what to do
Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Who are you talking to vendor wise? I have the Swifts and am very happy with the whole setup.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:52 AM
P'sLPG

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RexHavoc
Who are you talking to vendor wise? I have the Swifts and am very happy with the whole setup.
I talked to Luke from THMotorsports and he told me they are sole distributor now recently signed a contract and they are not discontinued. So I'm guessing my local guy when he called fortune that's why they said discontinued. Or he just wanted to sell me bc, k sport, or d2 instead. Do you have swifts by them self or upgraded fortunes?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Motoboat

Originally Posted by P'sLPG
I talked to Luke from THMotorsports and he told me they are sole distributor now recently signed a contract and they are not discontinued. So I'm guessing my local guy when he called fortune that's why they said discontinued. Or he just wanted to sell me bc, k sport, or d2 instead. Do you have swifts by them self or upgraded fortunes?
THMotorsport are legit, they are the vendors for the fortune coils, check out their thread on them in the vendor section.

I'd upgrade to the swifts, it's worth it and only a few hundred more. You can choose your spring rates, so no second guessing yourself later and swapping out springs if you arent happy with the originals.

I went a slightly different route but sill have swifts and fortune coils, I posted a write up in the other review thread.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Question. Does anyone that has the Fortune Coilovers also have a strut tower bar and if so did you have to use longer bolts for it to be installed properly?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Motoboat

Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
Question. Does anyone that has the Fortune Coilovers also have a strut tower bar and if so did you have to use longer bolts for it to be installed properly?

Yes i have one, no i did not have to use longer bolts.
The following users liked this post:
Upscale Speed (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Thanks Motorboat. What brand strut bar did you buy and how do you like it?
Old 01-24-2015, 04:53 PM
Motoboat

Cusco, i like it. no complaints. brackets come in clue but you can repaint like it did easily.
Upscale Speed (01-24-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

I'm posting here because there have been a few members here recently complaining about the rear ride height adjustment on the Fortune 500 Coilovers. These members have X sedans like the OP. They are stating that they have the rear perches set the their highest ride points (safely) and the rear sits too low. No gap or negative wheel gap seems to be the result. What did the members that have posted on this thread that had no issues do to get their cars to sit perfectly? My opinion of perfect is Jethro's pics and MylilG's pics. Their wheel gaps look identical front and rear about 1-1.5 finger gaps.

Can you post what spring rates you ordered?
Did you opt for Swift Springs?
Did you request longer Swift Springs than the norm that comes with the FA 500 Coils?

Any additional insight into the installation and specs of the FA 500 systems X owners have purchased and installed without any height issues would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:42 AM
radguy88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumping this. I am getting ready to order these for my x sedan.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:22 AM
MetalMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spoke w/ Luke yesterday regarding the x and the lower rear height. He said that an 8" swift in the rear will correct this issue
Old 04-26-2015, 10:41 PM
deathtrap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have any of you been experiencing a thud in the rear shocks at low speeds? I have gone over everything several times and I get this persistent faint knocking/thud driving at low speeds. It sounds like it is coming from the rear passenger shock tower. Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:04 PM
jsampsell

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by deathtrap
Have any of you been experiencing a thud in the rear shocks at low speeds? I have gone over everything several times and I get this persistent faint knocking/thud driving at low speeds. It sounds like it is coming from the rear passenger shock tower. Any ideas?
Mine isn't a thump exactly but I've had some kind of cracking noise from the passenger rear from about one week into it. I'm taking the car in to a recommended shop this week to see if they can identify the noises. And correct them, of course. I'm also getting noise from the fronts, both sides, so they are checking it all out. I'm not sure if it's the FA product or the SPC camber kits (installed both front and rear) or a combination of both. These guys work on a team of Porsche race cars so they know suspension very well. If they can't figure it out then I'm just pulling them off and selling them. I won't put up with the noise. It's not just a little bit. Hopefully your issue is not as big as mine is.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:44 PM
deathtrap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That sucks, hopefully you get it all sorted out. I will say that after hitting the top 17mm nut with an electric impact gun the fronts are silent. The rear is decent too, with the exception of this low speed persistent light knocking (sounds like someone lightly knocking on a door repeatedly). I was originally going with Stance SS, but there were out of stock for like 6-8 weeks, which is weird considering they are a suspension company. TH motorsports recommended FA and customer service has been great, but I also won't stand for noise. If I can't get it sorted in the next couple of weeks, I will also be getting rid of these.
jsampsell (04-27-2015)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review Fortune Auto 500 AWD coilover review