Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 09:02 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by beniceorbevice
Did you paint your calipers in this picture? Are these the stock calipers? Because i don't see an infiniti sign on mine, unless it's just under all the rust
Yeah, I did that a few years ago, got the logo stickers on ebay and painted the calipers w/ VHT black caliper paint, applied the sticker than a couple clear coats. Has started to chip & peel a bit but I'm putting a matching set of Wilwood BBK calipers to match my fronts so I don't think I'll redo them. It lasted about 3 years without issue.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:28 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
When these kits were first sold, did they offer a ceramic pad upgrade option? I'm inclined to go with their turnkey kits, but you guys seem to suggest going with different pads. I was wondering if this was based on the semi-metallic pads or the ceramic ones.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
When these kits were first sold, did they offer a ceramic pad upgrade option? I'm inclined to go with their turnkey kits, but you guys seem to suggest going with different pads. I was wondering if this was based on the semi-metallic pads or the ceramic ones.
I went w/ Stopteh pads for the extra bite. If you want something similar to OEM, along w/ low dusting, the kit ceramics should suffice. If you want upgraded braking I'd look at an upgraded performance pad from a known company.
The Hawk HPS 5.0s get very high marks.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:19 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by efuseakay
Bumping this back to the top. My front/rear sport-sized rotors should be here tomorrow. Black zinc coating, slotted/dimpled. Got a decent deal too since they had 30% off for Father's Day weekend. Came with their pads too, but I'll toss them, or sell somehow.

Any more updates from you guys still running with these rotors?
So. The rotor hats are now worn down grey and rusted in spots. I may decide to sand them down and paint myself but who knows when I'll have the time. Just a heads up for my fellow forum members. And this was after a relatively mild winter here in Chicago.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:03 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by efuseakay
So. The rotor hats are now worn down grey and rusted in spots. I may decide to sand them down and paint myself but who knows when I'll have the time. Just a heads up for my fellow forum members. And this was after a relatively mild winter here in Chicago.
I ended up repainting mine shortly after I got them, I was running Stoptech Street Pads that require an aggressive bed-in, that extra high temp pretty much vaporized that black coating.
If I were buying these new I'd do a light sand and shoot them w/ VHT Flameproof, that's a pretty good, long lasting high heat paint.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:59 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
I ended up repainting mine shortly after I got them, I was running Stoptech Street Pads that require an aggressive bed-in, that extra high temp pretty much vaporized that black coating.
If I were buying these new I'd do a light sand and shoot them w/ VHT Flameproof, that's a pretty good, long lasting high heat paint.
I should have done that too. Eh. If I ever find the time, or get motivated enough, I'll get in there and paint them.

Probably a good idea for any new customers to know to do this before installing the rotors on their cars.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:28 PM
chevycamaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake performance.com

I would not buy from brakeperformance.com you will regret it.
I bought 4 roters and pads within 1500 mi all are warped so i call and i am told i have to remove roters and pay to have them shipped back no reimbursement then they will ship new ones. or buy new ones and ship old ones back then get reinbursed when they receive old ones. 1500 more miles do it again no only one time replacement read the warranty you will be wasting time and money!!!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:35 PM
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by chevycamaro
I would not buy from brakeperformance.com you will regret it.
I bought 4 roters and pads within 1500 mi all are warped so i call and i am told i have to remove roters and pay to have them shipped back no reimbursement then they will ship new ones. or buy new ones and ship old ones back then get reinbursed when they receive old ones. 1500 more miles do it again no only one time replacement read the warranty you will be wasting time and money!!!
I doubt anyone has patience to understand this but the real problem is the pads. They are junk and they deposit on the rotors very easily and cause brake judder. The users feel like it's warped and replace rotors but the pads will just do the same thing again.

The rotors are junk with holes too but for street use w/ a decent pad you should not get judder.
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (12-03-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 07:41 PM
mpegripper
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by KNS Brakes
I doubt anyone has patience to understand this but the real problem is the pads. They are junk and they deposit on the rotors very easily and cause brake judder. The users feel like it's warped and replace rotors but the pads will just do the same thing again.

The rotors are junk with holes too but for street use w/ a decent pad you should not get judder.
completely agree on this, but i have yet to find a good high initial bite pad, that doesn't leave crazy amounts of deposits and not dust like a track pad. would also be nice to have a pad that does have good overall modulation as well, but that's just me being greedy at this point. god i wish pfc made pads for this car.

do you have any recommendations on this for 320mm front rotors? the hawk 5.0 doesn't have a fitment for the non-sport front rotors.

i've tried the HPS on a much lighter car in the past and the brake pedal had 0 feel to it, but with this being a decently heavy car maybe that won't be a problem? i am honestly close to the point of just buying track pads to help cut the deposits off every year or so.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Prior to my Wilwood BBK I was pretty happy w/ the Stoptech Street Pads, bite, even cold was pretty impressive but I'm not concerned about excess brake dusting, just the price you pay IMO. Just have to be careful about leaving the brakes down on hot rotors, they will leave a mark
Old 12-30-2016, 02:08 PM
mpegripper
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Prior to my Wilwood BBK I was pretty happy w/ the Stoptech Street Pads, bite, even cold was pretty impressive but I'm not concerned about excess brake dusting, just the price you pay IMO. Just have to be careful about leaving the brakes down on hot rotors, they will leave a mark
i had the original stoptech pads (now called the sport ones) and they were amazing except for the dust. they literally produced most dust than my pfc06 race pads on my other car. also put them on the wife's TSX and she made me take them off a week later due to the dust haha
Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 AM
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mpegripper
completely agree on this, but i have yet to find a good high initial bite pad, that doesn't leave crazy amounts of deposits and not dust like a track pad. would also be nice to have a pad that does have good overall modulation as well, but that's just me being greedy at this point. god i wish pfc made pads for this car.

do you have any recommendations on this for 320mm front rotors? the hawk 5.0 doesn't have a fitment for the non-sport front rotors.

i've tried the HPS on a much lighter car in the past and the brake pedal had 0 feel to it, but with this being a decently heavy car maybe that won't be a problem? i am honestly close to the point of just buying track pads to help cut the deposits off every year or so.
I don't think there is really a pad that fits that need although the Carbotech 1521's are close. They are certainly low dust and the bite and feel was great on my 2015 WRX w/ AP brakes.

It's just hard to get that bite without some tradeoff.

I am this close to removing the Stoptech pads from my website. They may be a cheap alternative for a street pad but the high dust, constant customer dissatisfaction, zero profit, and laughable support from Centric are quite a bit to overcome.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:09 PM
mpegripper
Registered Member

I don't think there is really a pad that fits that need although the Carbotech 1521's are close. They are certainly low dust and the bite and feel was great on my 2015 WRX w/ AP brakes.

It's just hard to get that bite without some tradeoff.

I am this close to removing the Stoptech pads from my website. They may be a cheap alternative for a street pad but the high dust, constant customer dissatisfaction, zero profit, and laughable support from Centric are quite a bit to overcome.
stoptech used to have great support to customers and vendors back in like 2006 (for bbk's obviously back then...never bought the centric stuff myself), but i have definitely seen it drop off as well. i'd actually have to start calling dave zeckhausen (if you happen to know who he is) for stoptech things instead as he's always been very helpful.

i just got my dba rotors resurfaced and i'm currently on the akebono performance pads and they seem to mostly fit the bill, i just know deposits will come sooner or later. ill do some research on those carbotech pads, thanks for the advice!
Old 01-03-2017, 01:17 PM
KNS Brakes
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mpegripper
stoptech used to have great support to customers and vendors back in like 2006 (for bbk's obviously back then...never bought the centric stuff myself), but i have definitely seen it drop off as well. i'd actually have to start calling dave zeckhausen (if you happen to know who he is) for stoptech things instead as he's always been very helpful.

i just got my dba rotors resurfaced and i'm currently on the akebono performance pads and they seem to mostly fit the bill, i just know deposits will come sooner or later. ill do some research on those carbotech pads, thanks for the advice!
I've known Dave since his Jersey garage days. Rode in his Impala SS w/ ST40 front brakes. Now he's a foodie hanging out in NYC!
Old 01-03-2017, 01:21 PM
mpegripper
Registered Member

I've known Dave since his Jersey garage days. Rode in his Impala SS w/ ST40 front brakes. Now he's a foodie hanging out in NYC!
haha, awesome...he's a great guy...too bad that brembo black balled him back in the day for telling people to fit stoptech rotors to brembo hats.

i was browsing your site, do you have a comparison on the 1521's vs the R4-S? the R4-S were the pads i was leaning towards from other searches i did last week, but from quick searches, the 1521's look promising as well.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with rotors/pads from Brakeperformance.com?