People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Black Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
you couldnt find max???? wtf are u kidding me?????????? you didnt even try. with this comment I have lost a lot a respect for you. I am always online.....and there is a thing called email where u dont have to be online to get messages....on top of that....Pete at BC has my phone number....so from this point on I am done pushing these coils cause it is obvious that BC could care less about fixing the g37 issue....

this so
eaves a bad taste in my mouth..
Hey, relax, Pete definitely doesnt have your number, atleast not in his phone, we even asked Sharif for you phone number. We were trying to find you pal. We drove to HIN after redline that night and tried to find you and had no luck with that also. And i've been waiting for you to sign onto aim all day so I could speak to you about pete flying BACK to tennessee this week so he could take care of your problem. Dont tell us we dont care, if I didnt I wouldnt have came into this thread to try and find someone still. Because if you werent available this week the next best thing is ip37 in augusta.
This was friday, july 25th when I got into my hotel room in Tennessee
1:08:14 AM itsblackguy: yo
Changed status to Offline (1: 46 :09 AM)
And you just signed off 40 minutes later.
After that its hard to worry about anything but keeping the car in running order for the hectic weekend.
We still want to resolve this issue, you're quick to lose respect for someone who has always tried to help you and be your middle man.
You pushed for this sponsorship, you pushed for me to get you the kit.
There is such a thing as development, and being a sponsored vehicle, you're a part of the R&D.
Sorry I dont respond well to emails. My aim is up 24/7.
Originally Posted by finagle69
dude, are serious?

that's 13 effing %!!!

that is NOT acceptable numbers for defects...
We dont know if they're defects. We'll find out soon enough.
Originally Posted by teedough
Have you guys retightened the coilovers after 50 miles? cause you're suppose to
Some have, 1 person actually resolved his rattle by tinkering around with it. No solid solution yet though.

Last edited by Black Guy; 07-30-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Didnt someone post in a thread that they changed one mount, and you use the OEM part now.

I should have my coils on this week, so I can comment if they fixed the problem or not.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Guy
Hey, relax, Pete definitely doesnt have your number, atleast not in his phone, we even asked Sharif for you phone number. We were trying to find you pal. We drove to HIN after redline that night and tried to find you and had no luck with that also. And i've been waiting for you to sign onto aim all day so I could speak to you about pete flying BACK to tennessee this week so he could take care of your problem. Dont tell us we dont care, if I didnt I wouldnt have came into this thread to try and find someone still. Because if you werent available this week the next best thing is ip37 in augusta.
This was friday, july 25th when I got into my hotel room in Tennessee
1:08:14 AM itsblackguy: yo
Changed status to Offline (1: 46 :09 AM)
And you just signed off 40 minutes later.
After that its hard to worry about anything but keeping the car in running order for the hectic weekend.
We still want to resolve this issue, you're quick to lose respect for someone who has always tried to help you and be your middle man.
You pushed for this sponsorship, you pushed for me to get you the kit.
There is such a thing as development, and being a sponsored vehicle, you're a part of the R&D.
Sorry I dont respond well to emails. My aim is up 24/7.

We dont know if they're defects. We'll find out soon enough.

Some have, 1 person actually resolved his rattle by tinkering around with it. No solid solution yet though.
Just to let ya know... It really irratated me when u made it sound like you tried to set something up and I didnt try...

Black Guy: Yo

That does say much... there are times when AOL is left on and signs off by itself when my laptop shuts itself....

I have been very patient with this whole process... but please dont blame something on me... I lost my cool when I read that....

You have to see or be on this end and see how frustrating this is driving the car......

I have talked to Pete a few times on the Phone and hes even called me. And no I couldnt make it to Nashville last weekend anyways... so I wasnt at HIN.

I hope you can see where I am coming from... and if you wasnt blaming me... i retract my Rant...

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 07-30-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 AM
Xander

Originally Posted by finagle69
dude, are serious?

that's 13 effing %!!!

that is NOT acceptable numbers for defects...
Exactly my point
Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Just to let ya know... It really irratated me when u made it sound like you tried to set something up and I didnt try...

Black Guy: Yo

That does say much... there are times when AOL is left on and signs off by itself when my laptop shuts itself....

I have been very patient with this whole process... but please dont blame something on me... I lost my cool when I read that....

You have to see or be on this end and see how frustrating this is driving the car......

I have talked to Pete a few times on the Phone and hes even called me. And no I couldnt make it to Nashville last weekend anyways... so I wasnt at HIN.

I hope you can see where I am coming from... and if you wasnt blaming me... i retract my Rant...
Sorry for making it sound like you didnt want help, but thats not what I was trying to do. I was simply saying I tried. Its difficult though, racing can be very hectic....its a bitch to find a place in TN to mount race slicks, I literally went to 8 different tire shops, thats just one example of everything that wasnt going right for us. But anyway, I have an idea of where you're coming from, but its the way you go about things sometimes. We can continue this via PMs if need be, dont want to clutter this thread, unless its with a resolution for the infamous rattle issue.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IF you guys ever head down to Chicago area, you can check my car... i also have access to a shop almost 24 hours a day with lifts and tools.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by jtree007
I am in Atlanta... and my car just started to make the noise last week...
Originally Posted by IP37
I'm in GA..

should be getting my car back today, and I'll check it out again when I do
Pming you two right now.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey everyone. Well I arrived in Tennessee friday morning drove an hr to pick up my f250 cuz it left us stranded coming back from our redline event. As we were coming back from dropping off the rental at the airport the thing started up with problems again. I had to turn back go to the dealer again and sit it out until 5pm. This pushed me way behind schedule to arrive in the late to early am back in Orlando. So I couldn't go way out of route to Max so I called both jtree007 and IP37 to see if I could meet with them estimating I'd be in Atlanta around 9pm. IP37 told me since he rechecked everything the noise has gone away. So I met with jtree at 10pm and started off with a drive around town. Even though the noise I heard was very minimal, I decided it was best just to make sure all was ok. Jtree heard the noise on the passenger rear as I faintly heard the drivers. Seems like it is very hard to hear the same side your sitting in. When we checked it out, the springs had settled a bit more than preload on the passenger and very minimal on drivers side. Which would make sense why one would be more pronounced than the other. We tightened everything down with preload and being it was not 12am Jtree said he would contact me and let me know what the final results were. The work conditions and time of day could have been better for more detailed lookover, but I feel pretty confident that should have addressed the typical reason a coilover would make knocking or rattles. I'm awaiting to hear back.

Thanks, Pete
Old 08-02-2008, 10:48 AM
IP37

good to hear

sorry i couldn't make it to atl... thought i would have my car back earlier than when i got it back. and when i checked it out i couldn't hear anything
Old 08-02-2008, 11:18 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ah nice... Pete... Can you tell me if you Drove the car by your self?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:28 PM
jtree007

Let me get some miles on the car and let everything settle. Will post up some information later today or tomorrow. Just as soon as I can get some time in the car...

No worries everyone, Will keep everyone posted and will work with pete to get this problem solved. I don't think it is a safety issue or anything of the like, but I am well aware it is annoying
Old 08-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Black Guy

Preload is evil
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 PM
sumo8me

maybe a dumb question, but whats preload and what do i have to do?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:35 PM
jtree007

Preload is referring to Preloading the spring before the weight of the car is placed on the spring. This is to silence the spring and most importantly ensure that it can never pop out and that the car is always within the limits of control that the spring can offer. On a coilover it is done between the spring seat (regardless if it is adjustable or not) and the top flange (held in by the top retaining nut).

On the rear of out cars, the spring and strut are separate. To set the preload you must make the strut shorter then the natural hanging height of the spring. The exact amount depends on the manufacturer and car.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
jtree007

On another note... A small Update

I will put up a write up on Friday on what was done, results, and feelings on the matter. I am traveling right now and will not get back home until Thursday. I have not put enough miles on the car to give an honest impression of the changes. I don't want to make any statements either way until I get it all figured out.

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!