People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 PM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think it would help out a lot if people posted some sort of description of their noise, and what they've tried to do to remedy it.

i was hearing slight rattles before, while driving slow over uneven ground (grass)

today i took out all the carpet in my trunk (to let more sound in) and let down my rear seat so I could hear better... i heard a rattle once i think. so i stopped, let the seat up, buckled the rear seat belts, then let the seat back down.. never heard another rattle.

i plan on playing around with it more tomorrow to make sure, but for now.. i'm rattle free

edit: just one more thing to add that could of been causing rattles..

i let my seat down and removed the plastic piece that goes over the hook that the seat hooks onto.. one of the clips on the back of this piece is partially broken. and it looks sorta like someone took a soldering iron to it and melted some parts. the other clip looks just fine

would someone else check theirs? maybe a small design flaw?

Last edited by IP37; 06-25-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by IP37
i think it would help out a lot if people posted some sort of description of their noise, and what they've tried to do to remedy it.

i was hearing slight rattles before, while driving slow over uneven ground (grass)

today i took out all the carpet in my trunk (to let more sound in) and let down my rear seat so I could hear better... i heard a rattle once i think. so i stopped, let the seat up, buckled the rear seat belts, then let the seat back down.. never heard another rattle.

i plan on playing around with it more tomorrow to make sure, but for now.. i'm rattle free

edit: just one more thing to add that could of been causing rattles..

i let my seat down and removed the plastic piece that goes over the hook that the seat hooks onto.. one of the clips on the back of this piece is partially broken. and it looks sorta like someone took a soldering iron to it and melted some parts. the other clip looks just fine

would someone else check theirs? maybe a small design flaw?
Better descriptions would be great. Rather than LOUD NOISES . But seriously. I hope your rattle stays away. But Im waiting on C@ciq to respond to me, he's in florida, so we want to track this down.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:25 AM
IP37

Originally Posted by Black Guy
Better descriptions would be great. Rather than LOUD NOISES . But seriously. I hope your rattle stays away. But Im waiting on C@ciq to respond to me, he's in florida, so we want to track this down.
yea I was going to play around with it some more today, but utilities finally came to finish my driveway after they cut a big section out of it to fix a water leak a couple weeks ago. sooo, no driving around for me today
Old 06-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Xander

This post really helps the situation. You cant call it a quality issue when its only happening to 7-8 of the 60+ kits that I, and BC racings other vendors have shipped out. We'll figure out the problem, and if it does turn out to be a quality issue, then im positive Pete, and the rest of BC racing will accommodate and make everyone happy.
Don't get me wrong, since I am in the manufacturing industry, I understand that there will always be failures, and quality control issues that will need to be looked over, especially for new products, but imagine this:

You guys have sold 60+ kits, so lets call it 72 kits, at least 8 people just on this forum have rattling issues. So 1 out of 9 has a problem, if that's not a quality control issue I don't know what is

I mean I understand that you need to stand behind your products, and that's admirable, however, I think you need to have your customers back on this one. What would you say if out of every three sets of wheels you bought from Volk, one was warped? And that’s far better than what we’re dealing with right now.

Now imagine you were buying pizza's from Pizza Hut and 1 out of 9 was rotten. Or light bulbs from GE for your shop, and 1 out of 9 was bad. Would you return to these people to purchase more stuff?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by Xander
Don't get me wrong, since I am in the manufacturing industry, I understand that there will always be failures, and quality control issues that will need to be looked over, especially for new products, but imagine this:

You guys have sold 60+ kits, so lets call it 72 kits, at least 8 people just on this forum have rattling issues. So 1 out of 9 has a problem, if that's not a quality control issue I don't know what is

I mean I understand that you need to stand behind your products, and that's admirable, however, I think you need to have your customers back on this one. What would you say if out of every three sets of wheels you bought from Volk, one was warped? And that’s far better than what we’re dealing with right now.

Now imagine you were buying pizza's from Pizza Hut and 1 out of 9 was rotten. Or light bulbs from GE for your shop, and 1 out of 9 was bad. Would you return to these people to purchase more stuff?
No no, that post was in regards to BlackJacks post that he removed, and Max edited his qoute out of my post. But I understand what you mean. Hopefully there are no rotten eggs. We'll get to the bottom of this, and handle it accordingly.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to bump this just b/c I want to know if the problem was fixed or if more people are having problems
Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the saying if it "sounds to good to be true, it probably is". They were a good deal but they are no where near the higher end coilovers.

I am dissapointed and bitter... so thanks BC
Old 07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
MoDat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wezbian
I think the saying if it "sounds to good to be true, it probably is". They were a good deal but they are no where near the higher end coilovers.

Did your rattles get worse? Have you tried contacting BC? What did they say?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by Wezbian

I'd have to disagree seeing how 8 out of 60+ people are having the issue. BC wants to resolve it but its difficult for them because none of the florida guys are having the issue. BC was just in TN, and we couldnt find Max, but once he signs on ill get with him, and I think there is someone in GA with the issue. If so PM me. But we still havent had a chance to experience said rattle.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
IP37

I'm in GA..

should be getting my car back today, and I'll check it out again when I do
Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Black Guy

Originally Posted by IP37
I'm in GA..

should be getting my car back today, and I'll check it out again when I do
Alright cool, ill contact you soon if BC will be making a trip to GA.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
jtree007

I am in Atlanta... and my car just started to make the noise last week...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:36 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
you couldnt find max???? wtf are u kidding me?????????? you didnt even try. with this comment I have lost a lot a respect for you. I am always online.....and there is a thing called email where u dont have to be online to get messages....on top of that....Pete at BC has my phone number....so from this point on I am done pushing these coils cause it is obvious that BC could care less about fixing the g37 issue....

this so
eaves a bad taste in my mouth..
Old 07-30-2008, 04:58 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd have to disagree seeing how 8 out of 60+ people are having the issue. BC wants to resolve it but its difficult for them because none of the florida guys are having the issue. BC was just in TN, and we couldnt find Max, but once he signs on ill get with him, and I think there is someone in GA with the issue. If so PM me. But we still havent had a chance to experience said rattle.
dude, are serious?

that's 13 effing %!!!

that is NOT acceptable numbers for defects...
Old 07-30-2008, 05:11 PM
teedough

Have you guys retightened the coilovers after 50 miles? cause you're suppose to

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!