Help Bumper flex and/or misalignment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:05 PM
DeanMachine
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bumper flex and/or misalignment?

Hey all,

I just noticed on my G the other day that there's a decent step (1/8"?) between the rear bumper and where it mates to the passenger side rear quarter panel. Is this normal wear and tear or could someone have bumped me in the parking lot? I've only owned the car for a year, so it's entirely possible that it's always been there and I've just never noticed it.

Either way, is there an easy or at least standard fix to tighten up the fit? I don't think others would really notice it, but I know it's there and you know how those sorts of things can be

Old 03-04-2017, 06:10 PM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
u might have gotten a tap.. ive got an 08 and don't have that step..
from the looks of it... it would be hard to tell unless pointed out..
Old 03-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Lucasmdemele
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Our

bumper brackets for the back of the car have a rivet under the tail light u might need a new bumper bracket take off your rear bumper and check it out I think they're about 40$ a side from discountinfinitparts.com if it is broken I would try to push it back on before I took off the bumper maybe it's just not "clicked" into the bracket.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:10 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
mine is like that. i took it as being normal. both sides are like that. even at the edge of the rear bumper where it means the quarter panel is slightly off. go look at the side skirt edges where it meets the the panels and the screw is its off by a little too. for it to be all like that i took it as being normal and jus poor infiniti fitment. my g35 wasnt like that tho. try check and report back and of u guys as well as op.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:18 AM
DeanMachine
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, folks! I decided to leave it as is for now, since it's barely noticeable. If I have to go back to the body shop for any reason, might have them take a look...But I won't spend too much time on it