Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Help OC Garage Q Style Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:47 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
OC Garage Q Style Bumper

So if you followed my build thread the OC Q Style bumper has some fitment issues. The top that connects to the rad cover bulges up. Emailed OC about this and their response was this.....

We checked our shop vehicle and it has the same issue. It's a mold and manufacturing issue. To much material on top that's why it bunches up. Not sure it can be fixed. Sorry!

What do you folks think about that. There is a thread where one of their employees has it installed and no mention of this. If you new about it or it seemed odd why ship them out?

Advice please..
Attached Thumbnails OC Garage Q Style Bumper-img_3065.jpg   OC Garage Q Style Bumper-img_3067.jpg   OC Garage Q Style Bumper-img_3064.jpg  

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 01-05-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:24 AM
G37xhibeet

Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts
WTF. What a douchebag response.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 AM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
It's poly yeah?

It's bunched up because of the pressure, take a heat gun to it and relieve some of that pressure

They maybe did not know about it, and once installed for a period of time it does so?
The following users liked this post:
hotdawwgman (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:59 AM
Mr_Mer

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
As someone who is looking for a bumper cover I say, they should have never sold a part that does not fit right. They tested it in their shop vehicle and still went out the door. Poor judgement on OC's part.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:47 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by hotdawwgman
Yeah, so... my car is the shop car that was tested. My bumper fit perfectly, but over time has started to do this as well. I know we are talking to the manufacturer about this concern. As far as the quality, I have never seen a poly bumper fit this well in my life. I donated my car for over 4 months to ensure that the fitment of this bumper was spot on. Poly is one of the hardest materials to get to fit right with out countless tweaking if the molds to get right. We were able to get this pretty much dead on with little to no modifying of the bumper. The body shop that prepped, painted, and installed my bumper shared some great feedback. They stated it was one of the best fitting poly material they have ever worked with. Brian Burton, the man who got the ball rolling on this, shared the exact same words that his body shop shared over 3,000 miles away.
Yeah, so??????? I do appreciate u taking your time to donate your car but to say (yeah, so...) is not cool!! Fitment is good. But, the extra material causing it to bunch is not a Yeah, so... to me. It should of been addressed. For OC not to own the issue and try to make it right is crap!!!!
Old 01-06-2017, 09:25 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
That is a very unprofessional response from OC, they should take responsibility for the issue and either compensate you or ship you a bumper with it fixed .

You should reply back saying "I'm doing a chargeback on my payment, sorry!"
Old 01-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
fitment issues is something i have seen with almost all bumpers by these small companies and ones that make replicas of other expensive JDM bodyparts.
I learnt my lesson with a replica bumper. fitment is ok but not a 100%. Never again. stick to oem or pay big bucks for the real deal.

Trending Topics

Old 01-06-2017, 04:18 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Lol. That is just funny to hear. So OC is completely aware of the issue yet choose not to disclose to buyers. What if that's a deal breaker for someone?? That is just shady..
Old 01-06-2017, 04:39 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

OC is not going to do anything about it. Their follow up email is them basically saying that hotdawwgman car is not a show car and is never going to open his hood to display the engine. Pretty crappy if I ask me.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:15 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
idk doesnt seem too bad imo especially for aftermarket. if u guys expect oem fitment ur crazy. as long as the main parts fit good ie edges parts where bumper meets fender etc. what happens if u make the push pin holes bigger and spread out the pressure? does it look better?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:21 PM
sharkey

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
idk doesnt seem too bad imo especially for aftermarket. if u guys expect oem fitment ur crazy. as long as the main parts fit good ie edges parts where bumper meets fender etc.
I 99% of the time ignore your post, but this is actually logic.

This is a aftermarket poly bumper, aftermarket and poly being separate being the major keywords.

Their response was not a wise business response, I get it. But this is still a aftermarket made bumper. So with that, a small crease that can be heated out or pressure relieved is an easy fix compared to having a whole bumper messed up.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:13 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by sharkey

I 99% of the time ignore your post, but this is actually logic.

This is a aftermarket poly bumper, aftermarket and poly being separate being the major keywords.

Their response was not a wise business response, I get it. But this is still a aftermarket made bumper. So with that, a small crease that can be heated out or pressure relieved is an easy fix compared to having a whole bumper messed up.
Let's make it 100% pls
Old 01-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Put all the clips in and use a heat gun.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:05 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

As soon as it warms up I will b using a heat gun. I will update when we figure something out..
Old 01-22-2017, 09:17 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Hate to hear about a company that expects its customers to take on the risks of their new products. Very unprofessional!

I realize that with aftermarket parts, perfect fitment is not guaranteed and it's almost common knowledge that some work is needed to get it installed correctly, but I think what's shown is beyond that "grace" area.

All that said it is a neat concept, merging old and new to form an updated look that still adheres to Inifniti's design language