Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2013 G37x 4D Journey Driver Seat...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:45 PM
MFazzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G37x 4D Journey Driver Seat...

Hello All,

New member of the G family, just picked up my 2013 G37x premium package 2 weeks ago. Super clean, CPO with 15000 miles on it. Malbec Black, got some 25% tint all around, mmmm I love it. Love the way it drives and looks, very awesome.

HOWEVER, the driver seat is incredibly uncomfortable. After looking very hard around this forum and others about driver seat issues, I cannot find a thread that addresses the issue I have with this seat. The driver seat of this car has awful uncomfortable side bolsters. This is the Journey, not the Sport so it is the stock regular seats. I am 6'2 and 220, I do not have a huge butt, however the right side bolster is hitting the entire right side of my leg, from knee/thigh to butt in all the wrong ways. It is too tight and applies hard pressure that causes great discomfort. I think it might be tolerable if the angle was not so steep but it jams right in there. I have messed with the seat since I bought it and cannot make it comfortable. I like to lean my knee/leg up against the center console when driving, or I generally have my leg slanted outward and my foot between gas and brake. I have tried to adjust how my leg sits and nothing has worked.

I drive a few different cars for work daily, just came from an 09 Lexus ES350 which has no bolsters, but have had them in the past on BMW's with no issues. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me.

I know this issue exists (especially in the Sport seats) and that comfort is subjective, however has anyone managed to fix this with anything or is it possible that since this car is basically brand new that the foam will "break in" after awhile? Maybe adding a seat cushion possibly? Going to an upholster to shave the foam down or possibly make the bolster wider or adjust the angle?

Any input would be appreciated. I love this car and have followed it since it came it out, but it is just so uncomfortable for me to sit in
Old 12-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
You have about 7"and 70lbs on the average Japanese male, whose relatively slender butt this seat was designed for. It's going to be too tight, but your comparatively gargantuan american *** will quickly crush the foam seat bolsters so you can move on, like the rest of us, to complain about wrinkled leather.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:51 PM
zonnie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^ LOL hahahahah thread closed, good day.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:30 PM
MFazzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Victory
You have about 7"and 70lbs on the average Japanese male, whose relatively slender butt this seat was designed for. It's going to be too tight, but your comparatively gargantuan american *** will quickly crush the foam seat bolsters so you can move on, like the rest of us, to complain about wrinkled leather.
Excellent, I'm glad my Gojira-esque stature will crush this Japanese inferiority into submission. Victory indeed.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by MFazzy
Excellent, I'm glad my Gojira-esque stature will crush this Japanese inferiority into submission. Victory indeed.
Declare day your bolsters are flat "VJ Day"