Body Interior Exterior Lighting

DDM tuning HID bulb and HID Fog kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 08:01 PM
dlc1988
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seen a couple of thread about the positive review for DDM tuning D2S bulbs and HID fog kit. Decided to make the purchase since the price was reasonable for the risk. I went to Oneighty for installation and Alex (the nicest dude) was pulling his hair out after 2 hours of working on them. First, the harness was too short to hook it up. Second, when harness was installed the fogs won't turn on (harness was part of the DDM tuning kit). Alex offered me the kit they sell in the shop and worked flawlessly. I placed my order for the D2S bulb and it was D2R that came in the mail. In short, I would never offer DDM tuning nor make another purchase with them, EVER. I spent only 3 hours there. A big thumbs up to Alex @ Oneighty for being cool and patient throughout.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:40 AM
R1 Dan G37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlc1988
Seen a couple of thread about the positive review for DDM tuning D2S bulbs and HID fog kit. Decided to make the purchase since the price was reasonable for the risk. I went to Oneighty for installation and Alex (the nicest dude) was pulling his hair out after 2 hours of working on them. First, the harness was too short to hook it up. Second, when harness was installed the fogs won't turn on (harness was part of the DDM tuning kit). Alex offered me the kit they sell in the shop and worked flawlessly. I placed my order for the D2S bulb and it was D2R that came in the mail. In short, I would never offer DDM tuning nor make another purchase with them, EVER. I spent only 3 hours there. A big thumbs up to Alex @ Oneighty for being cool and patient throughout.
I agree with you about DDM, in the past if had many kits from them, all pretty mediocre to be honest. In total I have had about 6 kits from them and all of them showed you get what you pay for, 2 of them were on 2 different cars and in both of those kits the cut off lines were skewed, one of the kits happened to be a d2s bulb as well with bad cut offs, and I can on honestly say in all the kits the bulb colors never matched 100%, other people didn't notice but I could and it was bothersome, the fog lights as well, sometimes didn't work or again even more color skew. The only time I didn't have much of a problem was when I bought the kits for my street bikes, I had a 35w and a 55w kit on my R1 and the only problem I ever had was the slight color skew, a normal person didn't notice but if you are **** about your things like I am it bothers you sometimes, moral of the story I agree with you, no one should buy from ddm form their Infiniti, cheaping out won't bring great results and i don't know what year yours is but everyone seems to be saying a lot of hids don't work well on the 2011+ for some reason