Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Very Bad AM FM Signal Initially

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 01:14 PM
stick64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Bad AM FM Signal Initially

When I initially start my car up and drive I have a very distorted/weak AM FM radio signal. I can drive for about 20 minutes then it is back to normal. This will happen no matter where I am in the city. I have made no mods or tinted rear window. This is a stock head unit with no NAV. The XM signal is fine. Only the AM FM is effected. Any thoughts for my issue ? thanks

2011 G37 Sedan
Old 03-30-2017, 01:27 PM
wannamotor
Registered Member

I am experiencing the same issues. Any luck?

I may try a grounding kit as I've read it helps with audio quality, but no mention of better radio reception.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:38 PM
stick64

Sorry, I have had no luck. I drive around for 20 minutes listening to XM before I get my AM/FM back . I hope to dive back into this issue next week. I will post with results.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 PM
wannamotor
Registered Member

Thanks.
I only have a 15 minute commute, and it just so happens the morning radio show is broadcast from the town I drive through... so in the morning it's fine.

On the way home I will usually have to listen to what's on my phone (or the same station as the morning).

I'll post back as well, when I get around to getting some wires. I do have a '97 MX5 I'm getting ready for summer, so that takes priority for me.