Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Radio ID incorrect?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 02:46 PM
basselc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio ID incorrect?

Hey guys, I知 new to this forum and coming from a Lexus. From 2.5 to a 3.7 is really enjoyable: D

I have a 2009 G37 sedan, and I知 having some trouble with my Sirius xm radio ID. I was trying to activate the traffic mode through xm radio since some of my commute has heavy traffic during the day, and I dislike using my phone while driving, and the service isn't too pricy anyways. When I called to activate it, and gave the sales rep my radio ID, he said that the traffic feature is not available on my car because this ID doesn't support that feature. Even though I do have a navigation system and have the button available for the traffic updates. Does anyone have any ideas for what the issue could be? I called the dealer and they want to do the 190$ diagnostic fee and I am not trying to do that unless I am certain it will be less than 190$.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
^^^^^^^

When I purchased my previous 06 G35 Infiniti offered Sirius radios. The Sirius XM merger occurred a few years later but I would suspect that the radio in your vehicle is a Sirius radio that was installed prior to Sirius XM radios that were installed in vehicles in later years. The two companies used different satellites and I don't believe the Nav traffic was available with Sirius radios.
I'm not sure how you would confirm that without escalating to tier 2 support.

Telcoman
Old 02-28-2017, 05:46 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Make sure you have the latest nav software update. I think the update must be performed by the dealer. Not sure if that will fix the problem but I imagine that might have something to do with it.